A collection of small changes including a few regression fixes.
- Regression fix for Intel SKL/KBL HD-audio bindings
- Regression fix for missing Nvidia HDMI codec entries after the
recent code reorganization
- A few TAS2781 codec regression fixes
- Fix for ASoC component lookup breakage
- Usual HD-audio, USB-audio and SOF quirk entries
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=5tbZ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'sound-6.17-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound
Pull sound fixes from Takashi Iwai:
"A collection of small changes including a few regression fixes:
- Regression fix for Intel SKL/KBL HD-audio bindings
- Regression fix for missing Nvidia HDMI codec entries after the
recent code reorganization
- A few TAS2781 codec regression fixes
- Fix for ASoC component lookup breakage
- Usual HD-audio, USB-audio and SOF quirk entries"
* tag 'sound-6.17-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound:
ALSA: hda/hdmi: Add pin fix for another HP EliteDesk 800 G4 model
ALSA: usb-audio: Allow Focusrite devices to use low samplerates
ALSA: hda: tas2781: reorder tas2563 calibration variables
ALSA: hda: tas2781: fix tas2563 EFI data endianness
ALSA: firewire-motu: drop EPOLLOUT from poll return values as write is not supported
ALSA: docs: Add documents for recently changes in snd-usb-audio
ALSA: usb-audio: Add mute TLV for playback volumes on more devices
ASoC: SOF: Intel: WCL: Add the sdw_process_wakeen op
ALSA: hda: Avoid binding with SOF for SKL/KBL platforms
ASoC: rsnd: tidyup direction name on rsnd_dai_connect()
ALSA: hda/tas2781: Fix EFI name for calibration beginning with 1 instead of 0
ALSA: usb-audio: move mixer_quirks' min_mute into common quirk
ALSA: hda/realtek: Fix headset mic for TongFang X6[AF]R5xxY
ALSA: hda/hdmi: Restore missing HDMI codec entries
ASoC: codecs: idt821034: fix wrong log in idt821034_chip_direction_output()
ASoC: soc-core: tidyup snd_soc_lookup_component_nolocked()
ASoC: soc-core: care NULL dirver name on snd_soc_lookup_component_nolocked()
ALSA: hda: intel-dsp-config: Select SOF driver on MTL Chromebooks
ALSA: usb-audio: Add mute TLV for playback volumes on some devices
at the time
- Prevent the CPUID topology hierarchy detection on AMD from overwriting the
correct initial APIC ID
- Fix the case of a machine shipping without microcode in the BIOS, in the AMD
microcode loader
- Correct the Pentium 4 model range which has a constant TSC
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=+LCD
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'x86_urgent_for_v6.17_rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip
Pull x86 fixes from Borislav Petkov:
- Convert the SSB mitigation to the attack vector controls which got
forgotten at the time
- Prevent the CPUID topology hierarchy detection on AMD from
overwriting the correct initial APIC ID
- Fix the case of a machine shipping without microcode in the BIOS, in
the AMD microcode loader
- Correct the Pentium 4 model range which has a constant TSC
* tag 'x86_urgent_for_v6.17_rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
x86/bugs: Add attack vector controls for SSB
x86/cpu/topology: Use initial APIC ID from XTOPOLOGY leaf on AMD/HYGON
x86/microcode/AMD: Handle the case of no BIOS microcode
x86/cpu/intel: Fix the constant_tsc model check for Pentium 4
gpuvm:
- fix some typos
xe:
- Fix user-fence race issue
- Couple xe_vm fixes
- Don't trigger rebind on initial dma-buf validation
- Fix a build issue related to basename() posix vs gnu discrepancy
amdgpu:
- pin buffers while vmapping
- UserQ fixes
- Revert CSA fix
- SR-IOV fix
nouveau:
- fix linear modifier
- remove some dead code
msm:
- Core/GPU:
- fix comment doc warning in gpuvm
- fix build with KMS disabled
- fix pgtable setup/teardown race
- global fault counter fix
- various error path fixes
- GPU devcoredump snapshot fixes
- handle in-place VM_BIND remaps to solve turnip vm update race
- skip re-emitting IBs for unusable VMs
- Don't use %pK through printk
- moved display snapshot init earlier, fixing a crash
- DPU:
- Fixed crash in virtual plane checking code
- Fixed mode comparison in virtual plane checking code
- DSI:
- Adjusted width of resulution-related registers
- Fixed locking issue on 14nm PLLs
- UBWC (per Bjorn's ack)
- Added UBWC configuration for several missing platforms (fixing
regression)
mediatek:
- Add error handling for old state CRTC in atomic_disable
- Fix DSI host and panel bridge pre-enable order
- Fix device/node reference count leaks in mtk_drm_get_all_drm_priv
- mtk_hdmi: Fix inverted parameters in some regmap_update_bits calls
tegra:
- revert dma-buf change
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=QtCr
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'drm-fixes-2025-08-29' of https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/kernel
Pull drm fixes from Dave Airlie:
"Weekly fixes, feels a bit big.
The major piece is msm fixes, then the usual amdgpu/xe along with some
mediatek and nouveau fixes and a tegra revert.
gpuvm:
- fix some typos
xe:
- Fix user-fence race issue
- Couple xe_vm fixes
- Don't trigger rebind on initial dma-buf validation
- Fix a build issue related to basename() posix vs gnu discrepancy
amdgpu:
- pin buffers while vmapping
- UserQ fixes
- Revert CSA fix
- SR-IOV fix
nouveau:
- fix linear modifier
- remove some dead code
msm:
- Core/GPU:
- fix comment doc warning in gpuvm
- fix build with KMS disabled
- fix pgtable setup/teardown race
- global fault counter fix
- various error path fixes
- GPU devcoredump snapshot fixes
- handle in-place VM_BIND remaps to solve turnip vm update race
- skip re-emitting IBs for unusable VMs
- Don't use %pK through printk
- moved display snapshot init earlier, fixing a crash
- DPU:
- Fixed crash in virtual plane checking code
- Fixed mode comparison in virtual plane checking code
- DSI:
- Adjusted width of resulution-related registers
- Fixed locking issue on 14nm PLLs
- UBWC (per Bjorn's ack)
- Added UBWC configuration for several missing platforms (fixing
regression)
mediatek:
- Add error handling for old state CRTC in atomic_disable
- Fix DSI host and panel bridge pre-enable order
- Fix device/node reference count leaks in mtk_drm_get_all_drm_priv
- mtk_hdmi: Fix inverted parameters in some regmap_update_bits calls
tegra:
- revert dma-buf change"
* tag 'drm-fixes-2025-08-29' of https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/kernel: (56 commits)
drm/mediatek: mtk_hdmi: Fix inverted parameters in some regmap_update_bits calls
drm/amdgpu/userq: fix error handling of invalid doorbell
drm/amdgpu: update firmware version checks for user queue support
drm/amd/amdgpu: disable hwmon power1_cap* for gfx 11.0.3 on vf mode
Revert "drm/amdgpu: fix incorrect vm flags to map bo"
drm/amdgpu/gfx12: set MQD as appriopriate for queue types
drm/amdgpu/gfx11: set MQD as appriopriate for queue types
drm/xe: switch to local xbasename() helper
drm/xe: Don't trigger rebind on initial dma-buf validation
drm/xe/vm: Clear the scratch_pt pointer on error
drm/xe/vm: Don't pin the vm_resv during validation
drm/xe/xe_sync: avoid race during ufence signaling
Revert "drm/tegra: Use dma_buf from GEM object instance"
soc: qcom: use no-UBWC config for MSM8956/76
soc: qcom: add configuration for MSM8929
soc: qcom: ubwc: add more missing platforms
soc: qcom: ubwc: use no-uwbc config for MSM8917
drm/msm/dpu: Add a null ptr check for dpu_encoder_needs_modeset
dt-bindings: display/msm: qcom,mdp5: drop lut clock
drm/gpuvm: fix various typos in .c and .h gpuvm file
...
Attack vector controls for SSB were missed in the initial attack vector series.
The default mitigation for SSB requires user-space opt-in so it is only
relevant for user->user attacks. Check with attack vector controls when
the command is auto - i.e., no explicit user selection has been done.
Fixes: 2d31d28746 ("x86/bugs: Define attack vectors relevant for each bug")
Signed-off-by: David Kaplan <david.kaplan@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Borislav Petkov (AMD) <bp@alien8.de>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/20250819192200.2003074-5-david.kaplan@amd.com
- Fix a memory leak for of_pci_add_properties() failure case. Then fix
the introduced UAF.
- Add missing IORESOURCE_MEM flag on of_reserved_mem_region_to_resource()
- Add already in use vendor prefix "eswin"
- Clarify "of of" comment in of_match_device(). After many years of
drive-by patches dropping the 2nd "of" (which referred to
OpenFirmware), a correct patch finally arrived.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=0m5V
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'devicetree-fixes-for-6.17-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/robh/linux
Pull devicetree fixes from Rob Herring:
- Fix a memory leak for of_pci_add_properties() failure case. Then fix
the introduced UAF.
- Add missing IORESOURCE_MEM flag on of_reserved_mem_region_to_resource()
- Add already in use vendor prefix "eswin"
- Clarify "of of" comment in of_match_device(). After many years of
drive-by patches dropping the 2nd "of" (which referred to
OpenFirmware), a correct patch finally arrived
* tag 'devicetree-fixes-for-6.17-1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/robh/linux:
of: dynamic: Fix use after free in of_changeset_add_prop_helper()
dt-bindings: vendor-prefixes: add eswin
of: reserved_mem: Add missing IORESOURCE_MEM flag on resources
of: dynamic: Fix memleak when of_pci_add_properties() failed
of: Clarify OF device context in of_match_device() comment
None of MDP5 platforms have a LUT clock on the display-controller, it
was added by the mistake. Drop it, fixing DT warnings on MSM8976 /
MSM8956 platforms. Technically it's an ABI break, but no other platforms
are affected.
Fixes: 385c8ac763 ("dt-bindings: display/msm: convert MDP5 schema to YAML format")
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Baryshkov <dmitry.baryshkov@oss.qualcomm.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Patchwork: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/667822/
Signed-off-by: Rob Clark <robin.clark@oss.qualcomm.com>
- Fix swapped handling of lru_gen and lru_gen_full debugfs files in
vmscan.
- Fix debugfs mount options (uid, gid, mode) being silently ignored.
- Fix leak of devres action in the unwind path of Devres::new().
- Documentation
- Expand and fix documentation of (outdated) Device, DeviceContext
and generic driver infrastructure.
- Fix C header link of faux device abstractions.
- Clarify expected interaction with the security team.
- Smooth text flow in the security bug reporting process
documentation.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iHUEABYKAB0WIQS2q/xV6QjXAdC7k+1FlHeO1qrKLgUCaKmYLgAKCRBFlHeO1qrK
LuUiAQDMA7wZCdzvU8kZazpVpiN5t4Y/EeCztbZJlTG1b0F66QEAgKfgBbdKdgvu
LNSXY0Mo6/t6RbFbW5+wR4R+sGn6PwQ=
=wBy0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'driver-core-6.17-rc3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/driver-core/driver-core
Pull driver core fixes from Danilo Krummrich:
- Fix swapped handling of lru_gen and lru_gen_full debugfs files in
vmscan
- Fix debugfs mount options (uid, gid, mode) being silently ignored
- Fix leak of devres action in the unwind path of Devres::new()
- Documentation:
- Expand and fix documentation of (outdated) Device, DeviceContext
and generic driver infrastructure
- Fix C header link of faux device abstractions
- Clarify expected interaction with the security team
- Smooth text flow in the security bug reporting process
documentation
* tag 'driver-core-6.17-rc3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/driver-core/driver-core:
Documentation: smooth the text flow in the security bug reporting process
Documentation: clarify the expected collaboration with security bugs reporters
debugfs: fix mount options not being applied
rust: devres: fix leaking call to devm_add_action()
rust: faux: fix C header link
driver: rust: expand documentation for driver infrastructure
device: rust: expand documentation for Device
device: rust: expand documentation for DeviceContext
mm/vmscan: fix inverted polarity in lru_gen_seq_show()
- Fix mismatched kvalloc()/kfree()
- Spelling fixes in documentation
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iHUEABYKAB0WIQRRRCHOFoQz/8F5bUaFwuHvBreFYQUCaKh6VwAKCRCFwuHvBreF
YQkaAPwNEgZnQlmb8zPrTSm9cNTiCZlEr+s1KbE4brXza68PdwEAgAFm3KiBgG2n
2WhVfGQUcCpPnjcJ7skq4F765Y3GvAE=
=J6IV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'for-linus-iommufd' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgg/iommufd
Pull iommufd fixes from Jason Gunthorpe:
"Two very minor fixes:
- Fix mismatched kvalloc()/kfree()
- Spelling fixes in documentation"
* tag 'for-linus-iommufd' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgg/iommufd:
iommufd: Fix spelling errors in iommufd.rst
iommufd: viommu: free memory allocated by kvcalloc() using kvfree()
- Fix NULL de-ref in css_rstat_exit() which could happen after allocation
failure.
- Fix a cpuset partition handling bug and a couple other misc issues.
- Doc spelling fix.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iIQEABYKACwWIQTfIjM1kS57o3GsC/uxYfJx3gVYGQUCaKd9WQ4cdGpAa2VybmVs
Lm9yZwAKCRCxYfJx3gVYGd3pAQCkqjlcHyKBOr8AXCcNmisyj0PvSFJwmcCWf3Mu
7gsJ0wEAjxqs+otIPHzjhQlRBMN1vhwn5/B/xVqKO57pCHtrGQY=
=zj8n
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'cgroup-for-6.17-rc2-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/cgroup
Pull cgroup fixes from Tejun Heo:
- Fix NULL de-ref in css_rstat_exit() which could happen after
allocation failure
- Fix a cpuset partition handling bug and a couple other misc issues
- Doc spelling fix
* tag 'cgroup-for-6.17-rc2-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/cgroup:
docs: cgroup: fixed spelling mistakes in documentation
cgroup: avoid null de-ref in css_rstat_exit()
cgroup/cpuset: Remove the unnecessary css_get/put() in cpuset_partition_write()
cgroup/cpuset: Fix a partition error with CPU hotplug
cgroup/cpuset: Use static_branch_enable_cpuslocked() on cpusets_insane_config_key
A couple of fairly minor device specific fixes that came in over the
past week or so, plus the addition of an actual maintainer for the
IR38060.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iQEzBAABCgAdFiEEreZoqmdXGLWf4p/qJNaLcl1Uh9AFAmincPUACgkQJNaLcl1U
h9CCbgf/dhq9uXBrSAEi/bAxMlr0sRPSeqZypnnkgPm7rFG2Ox7B2sZLa03Un8hz
Kus6sUupyX/SHBTNIV+fgO6EXgeoOwXtTEvqdRy9TuA0EQMDM3QWTCkshF2wgMG5
o73ThEaWfLw1kju3NUKgV1szcgQ7VB8qHqlJwor3htPgSTHDq+Rk22lLYJ7oMVNo
E1D075tyJb0hyBlPqVmard5nItWSHYi3SRvATu4to0MLU6iU970NWtzOVzCKzM+i
2TDt84QWqhemvArz08AKTpCYk9azxHbPSlS8UH5UV8WyX4MIfWAUdk5XworIpCPk
0d2jLevYR7BNO5uX1hZD7gqLno6kAg==
=w1wH
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'regulator-fix-v6.17-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator
Pull regulator fixes from Mark Brown:
"A couple of fairly minor device specific fixes that came in over the
past week or so, plus the addition of an actual maintainer for the
IR38060"
* tag 'regulator-fix-v6.17-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator:
regulator: tps65219: regulator: tps65219: Fix error codes in probe()
regulator: pca9450: Use devm_register_sys_off_handler
regulator: dt-bindings: infineon,ir38060: Add Guenter as maintainer from IBM
Add new vendor string to dt bindings.
This new vendor string is used by
- ESWIN EIC770X SoC
- HiFive Premier P550 board which uses EIC7700 SoC.
Link: https://www.eswin.com/en/
Signed-off-by: Pritesh Patel <pritesh.patel@einfochips.com>
Reviewed-by: Samuel Holland <samuel.holland@sifive.com>
Signed-off-by: Pinkesh Vaghela <pinkesh.vaghela@einfochips.com>
Acked-by: Conor Dooley <conor.dooley@microchip.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250616112316.3833343-4-pinkesh.vaghela@einfochips.com
Signed-off-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Current release - fix to a fix:
- usb: asix_devices: fix PHY address mask in MDIO bus initialization
Current release - regressions:
- Bluetooth: fixes for the split between BIS_LINK and PA_LINK
- Revert "net: cadence: macb: sama7g5_emac: Remove USARIO CLKEN flag",
breaks compatibility with some existing device tree blobs
- dsa: b53: fix reserved register access in b53_fdb_dump()
Current release - new code bugs:
- sched: dualpi2: run probability update timer in BH to avoid deadlock
- eth: libwx: fix the size in RSS hash key population
- pse-pd: pd692x0: improve power budget error paths and handling
Previous releases - regressions:
- tls: fix handling of zero-length records on the rx_list
- hsr: reject HSR frame if skb can't hold tag
- bonding: fix negotiation flapping in 802.3ad passive mode
Previous releases - always broken:
- gso: forbid IPv6 TSO with extensions on devices with only IPV6_CSUM
- sched: make cake_enqueue return NET_XMIT_CN when past buffer_limit,
avoid packet drops with low buffer_limit, remove unnecessary WARN()
- sched: fix backlog accounting after modifying config of a qdisc
in the middle of the hierarchy
- mptcp: improve handling of skb extension allocation failures
- eth: mlx5:
- fixes for the "HW Steering" flow management method
- fixes for QoS and device buffer management
Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iQIzBAABCgAdFiEE6jPA+I1ugmIBA4hXMUZtbf5SIrsFAminVEUACgkQMUZtbf5S
Irtt/g//YoT8G6Wzv3unTf+qYl/pia7936VqW/W51A7UyCZp2bfDi8/r8eIl+bCf
8KbUH2nSTUPEsngRrzoXhbVAXs6AFe3WKA89efCeal+GFPPA43A5+BZKaXBRE14M
DgSCo1mYjrVIMENv33LttjQOYjLIBu4finciqIkLj/rOeyRZUURlModQW+aA800K
QhXKt0BYniL7tg4ChW3/TQMNpRVLnfae6cu/CKjv/rmzdioVZRChC/cGPI0xctpq
kAIJa49i6dNGtNMWFtS+YaDjTFWS05R9y5bSiylLUnqply9+sWrF1VZIGHXMOcv8
uzxLIlZhvSQycETMinPf0w02H3PuuqpKH8X+1c77Z7/wHmCn5ht2QVv1BwgFu4hv
MZm+zRYKZDdkdYCqujD/XmqF/D7t49LIql8WctxwgWus2yTfg089+9H2VHEj2kyl
S6FBI6f3ZwwLGh6MCAcqswbGc/6QSVFg2ndW6QFxl85Py3fTefV0Y3OknSkXqom/
2azpWNX6zoKfB6QSW4ZrfPFvuDAV8Ai5OJCTpw/3gkbquUMgx+mN2wf2/t8hPbci
Qkh5Y9/44gQFY9KaLx8N7Xr1FBTQ4c21QnG67gvflw3mNMdr3ot0isGTCtjty/eC
abQ+KvQwxy8rVnlunYC8REAAFxQi3AtCiFBE/vioVApNQtsqm68=
=waf0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'net-6.17-rc3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net
Pull networking fixes from Jakub Kicinski:
"Including fixes from Bluetooth.
Current release - fix to a fix:
- usb: asix_devices: fix PHY address mask in MDIO bus initialization
Current release - regressions:
- Bluetooth: fixes for the split between BIS_LINK and PA_LINK
- Revert "net: cadence: macb: sama7g5_emac: Remove USARIO CLKEN
flag", breaks compatibility with some existing device tree blobs
- dsa: b53: fix reserved register access in b53_fdb_dump()
Current release - new code bugs:
- sched: dualpi2: run probability update timer in BH to avoid
deadlock
- eth: libwx: fix the size in RSS hash key population
- pse-pd: pd692x0: improve power budget error paths and handling
Previous releases - regressions:
- tls: fix handling of zero-length records on the rx_list
- hsr: reject HSR frame if skb can't hold tag
- bonding: fix negotiation flapping in 802.3ad passive mode
Previous releases - always broken:
- gso: forbid IPv6 TSO with extensions on devices with only IPV6_CSUM
- sched: make cake_enqueue return NET_XMIT_CN when past buffer_limit,
avoid packet drops with low buffer_limit, remove unnecessary WARN()
- sched: fix backlog accounting after modifying config of a qdisc in
the middle of the hierarchy
- mptcp: improve handling of skb extension allocation failures
- eth: mlx5:
- fixes for the "HW Steering" flow management method
- fixes for QoS and device buffer management"
* tag 'net-6.17-rc3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net: (81 commits)
netfilter: nf_reject: don't leak dst refcount for loopback packets
net/mlx5e: Preserve shared buffer capacity during headroom updates
net/mlx5e: Query FW for buffer ownership
net/mlx5: Restore missing scheduling node cleanup on vport enable failure
net/mlx5: Fix QoS reference leak in vport enable error path
net/mlx5: Destroy vport QoS element when no configuration remains
net/mlx5e: Preserve tc-bw during parent changes
net/mlx5: Remove default QoS group and attach vports directly to root TSAR
net/mlx5: Base ECVF devlink port attrs from 0
net: pse-pd: pd692x0: Skip power budget configuration when undefined
net: pse-pd: pd692x0: Fix power budget leak in manager setup error path
Octeontx2-af: Skip overlap check for SPI field
selftests: tls: add tests for zero-length records
tls: fix handling of zero-length records on the rx_list
net: airoha: ppe: Do not invalid PPE entries in case of SW hash collision
selftests: bonding: add test for passive LACP mode
bonding: send LACPDUs periodically in passive mode after receiving partner's LACPDU
bonding: update LACP activity flag after setting lacp_active
Revert "net: cadence: macb: sama7g5_emac: Remove USARIO CLKEN flag"
ipv6: sr: Fix MAC comparison to be constant-time
...
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iHUEABYKAB0WIQRAhzRXHqcMeLMyaSiRxhvAZXjcogUCaKRttQAKCRCRxhvAZXjc
onwmAP98oaMku7CttHEVwJj8KD7luXvZWbvB23TPGmF6BNWg9wEAraks5EzZZJy3
+4xWn10b6R+gXUqvwqr+bf0ufk3c+gc=
=Nbg0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'vfs-6.17-rc3.fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vfs/vfs
Pull vfs fixes from Christian Brauner:
- Fix two memory leaks in pidfs
- Prevent changing the idmapping of an already idmapped mount without
OPEN_TREE_CLONE through open_tree_attr()
- Don't fail listing extended attributes in kernfs when no extended
attributes are set
- Fix the return value in coredump_parse()
- Fix the error handling for unbuffered writes in netfs
- Fix broken data integrity guarantees for O_SYNC writes via iomap
- Fix UAF in __mark_inode_dirty()
- Keep inode->i_blkbits constant in fuse
- Fix coredump selftests
- Fix get_unused_fd_flags() usage in do_handle_open()
- Rename EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL_FOR_MODULES to EXPORT_SYMBOL_FOR_MODULES
- Fix use-after-free in bh_read()
- Fix incorrect lflags value in the move_mount() syscall
* tag 'vfs-6.17-rc3.fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vfs/vfs:
signal: Fix memory leak for PIDFD_SELF* sentinels
kernfs: don't fail listing extended attributes
coredump: Fix return value in coredump_parse()
fs/buffer: fix use-after-free when call bh_read() helper
pidfs: Fix memory leak in pidfd_info()
netfs: Fix unbuffered write error handling
fhandle: do_handle_open() should get FD with user flags
module: Rename EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL_FOR_MODULES to EXPORT_SYMBOL_FOR_MODULES
fs: fix incorrect lflags value in the move_mount syscall
selftests/coredump: Remove the read() that fails the test
fuse: keep inode->i_blkbits constant
iomap: Fix broken data integrity guarantees for O_SYNC writes
selftests/mount_setattr: add smoke tests for open_tree_attr(2) bug
open_tree_attr: do not allow id-mapping changes without OPEN_TREE_CLONE
fs: writeback: fix use-after-free in __mark_inode_dirty()
When add_addr_timeout was set to 0, this caused the ADD_ADDR to be
retransmitted immediately, which looks like a buggy behaviour. Instead,
interpret 0 as "no retransmissions needed".
The documentation is updated to explicitly state that setting the timeout
to 0 disables retransmission.
Fixes: 93f323b9cc ("mptcp: add a new sysctl add_addr_timeout")
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Suggested-by: Matthieu Baerts <matttbe@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Geliang Tang <tanggeliang@kylinos.cn>
Reviewed-by: Matthieu Baerts (NGI0) <matttbe@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Matthieu Baerts (NGI0) <matttbe@kernel.org>
Link: https://patch.msgid.link/20250815-net-mptcp-misc-fixes-6-17-rc2-v1-5-521fe9957892@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
This patch corrects two minor spelling issues found in
Documentation/userspace-api/iommufd.rst:
- "primarly" -> "primarily"
- "sharable" -> "shareable"
Found using codespell(1).
Link: https://patch.msgid.link/r/20250815153840.188213-2-alessandro@0x65c.net
Signed-off-by: Alessandro Ratti <alessandro@0x65c.net>
Signed-off-by: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@nvidia.com>
a fallback during cpuid helpers reorg
- Initialize reserved fields in the SVSM page validation calls structure
to zero in order to allow for future structure extensions
- Have the sev-guest driver's buffers used in encryption operations be
in linear mapping space as the encryption operation can be offloaded
to an accelerator
- Have a read-only MSR write when in an AMD SNP guest trap to the
hypervisor as it is usually done. This makes the guest user experience
better by simply raising a #GP instead of terminating said guest
- Do not output AVX512 elapsed time for kernel threads because the data
is wrong and fix a NULL pointer dereferencing in the process
- Adjust the SRSO mitigation selection to the new attack vectors
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=zsPJ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'x86_urgent_for_v6.17_rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip
Pull x86 fixes from Borislav Petkov:
- Remove a transitional asm/cpuid.h header which was added only as a
fallback during cpuid helpers reorg
- Initialize reserved fields in the SVSM page validation calls
structure to zero in order to allow for future structure extensions
- Have the sev-guest driver's buffers used in encryption operations be
in linear mapping space as the encryption operation can be offloaded
to an accelerator
- Have a read-only MSR write when in an AMD SNP guest trap to the
hypervisor as it is usually done. This makes the guest user
experience better by simply raising a #GP instead of terminating said
guest
- Do not output AVX512 elapsed time for kernel threads because the data
is wrong and fix a NULL pointer dereferencing in the process
- Adjust the SRSO mitigation selection to the new attack vectors
* tag 'x86_urgent_for_v6.17_rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
x86/cpuid: Remove transitional <asm/cpuid.h> header
x86/sev: Ensure SVSM reserved fields in a page validation entry are initialized to zero
virt: sev-guest: Satisfy linear mapping requirement in get_derived_key()
x86/sev: Improve handling of writes to intercepted TSC MSRs
x86/fpu: Fix NULL dereference in avx512_status()
x86/bugs: Select best SRSO mitigation
The text was presenting the team, the the e-mail address, then some of
the expectations, then what form of e-mail is expected. By switching
the e-mail paragraph two paragraphs later and dropping the "Contact"
sub-section, we can have a more natural flow that presents the team,
then its expectation, then how to best contribute, then where to send.
And more importantly, it increases the chances that reporters have read
the prerequisites before finding the e-mail address.
Signed-off-by: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Reviewed-by: Kees Cook <kees@kernel.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250814192730.19252-2-w@1wt.eu
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Some bug reports sent to the security team sometimes lack any explanation,
are only AI-generated without verification, or sometimes it can simply be
difficult to have a conversation with an invisible reporter belonging to
an opaque team. This fortunately remains rare but the trend has been
steadily increasing over the last years and it seems important to clarify
what developers expect from reporters to avoid frustration on any side and
keep the process efficient.
Signed-off-by: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Reviewed-by: Kees Cook <kees@kernel.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250814192730.19252-1-w@1wt.eu
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=JNGm
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'block-6.17-20250815' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux
Pull block fixes from Jens Axboe:
- Fix for unprivileged daemons in ublk
- Speedup ublk release by removing unnecessary quiesce
- Fix for blk-wbt, where a regression caused it to not be possible to
enable at runtime
- blk-wbt cleanups
- Kill the page pool from drbd
- Remove redundant __GFP_NOWARN uses in a few spots
- Fix for a kobject double initialization issues
* tag 'block-6.17-20250815' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux:
block: restore default wbt enablement
Docs: admin-guide: Correct spelling mistake
blk-wbt: doc: Update the doc of the wbt_lat_usec interface
blk-wbt: Eliminate ambiguity in the comments of struct rq_wb
blk-wbt: Optimize wbt_done() for non-throttled writes
block: fix kobject double initialization in add_disk
blk-cgroup: remove redundant __GFP_NOWARN
block, bfq: remove redundant __GFP_NOWARN
ublk: check for unprivileged daemon on each I/O fetch
ublk: don't quiesce in ublk_ch_release
drbd: Remove the open-coded page pool
Current release - regressions:
- netfilter: nft_set_pipapo:
- don't return bogus extension pointer
- fix null deref for empty set
Current release - new code bugs:
- core: prevent deadlocks when enabling NAPIs with mixed kthread config
- eth: netdevsim: Fix wild pointer access in nsim_queue_free().
Previous releases - regressions:
- page_pool: allow enabling recycling late, fix false positive warning
- sched: ets: use old 'nbands' while purging unused classes
- xfrm:
- restore GSO for SW crypto
- bring back device check in validate_xmit_xfrm
- tls: handle data disappearing from under the TLS ULP
- ptp: prevent possible ABBA deadlock in ptp_clock_freerun()
- eth: bnxt: fill data page pool with frags if PAGE_SIZE > BNXT_RX_PAGE_SIZE
- eth: hv_netvsc: fix panic during namespace deletion with VF
Previous releases - always broken:
- netfilter: fix refcount leak on table dump
- vsock: do not allow binding to VMADDR_PORT_ANY
- sctp: linearize cloned gso packets in sctp_rcv
- eth: hibmcge: fix the division by zero issue
- eth: microchip: fix KSZ8863 reset problem
Signed-off-by: Paolo Abeni <pabeni@redhat.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=Ydk1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'net-6.17-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net
Pull networking fixes from Paolo Abeni:
"Including fixes from Netfilter and IPsec.
Current release - regressions:
- netfilter: nft_set_pipapo:
- don't return bogus extension pointer
- fix null deref for empty set
Current release - new code bugs:
- core: prevent deadlocks when enabling NAPIs with mixed kthread
config
- eth: netdevsim: Fix wild pointer access in nsim_queue_free().
Previous releases - regressions:
- page_pool: allow enabling recycling late, fix false positive
warning
- sched: ets: use old 'nbands' while purging unused classes
- xfrm:
- restore GSO for SW crypto
- bring back device check in validate_xmit_xfrm
- tls: handle data disappearing from under the TLS ULP
- ptp: prevent possible ABBA deadlock in ptp_clock_freerun()
- eth:
- bnxt: fill data page pool with frags if PAGE_SIZE > BNXT_RX_PAGE_SIZE
- hv_netvsc: fix panic during namespace deletion with VF
Previous releases - always broken:
- netfilter: fix refcount leak on table dump
- vsock: do not allow binding to VMADDR_PORT_ANY
- sctp: linearize cloned gso packets in sctp_rcv
- eth:
- hibmcge: fix the division by zero issue
- microchip: fix KSZ8863 reset problem"
* tag 'net-6.17-rc2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net: (54 commits)
net: usb: asix_devices: add phy_mask for ax88772 mdio bus
net: kcm: Fix race condition in kcm_unattach()
selftests: net/forwarding: test purge of active DWRR classes
net/sched: ets: use old 'nbands' while purging unused classes
bnxt: fill data page pool with frags if PAGE_SIZE > BNXT_RX_PAGE_SIZE
netdevsim: Fix wild pointer access in nsim_queue_free().
net: mctp: Fix bad kfree_skb in bind lookup test
netfilter: nf_tables: reject duplicate device on updates
ipvs: Fix estimator kthreads preferred affinity
netfilter: nft_set_pipapo: fix null deref for empty set
selftests: tls: test TCP stealing data from under the TLS socket
tls: handle data disappearing from under the TLS ULP
ptp: prevent possible ABBA deadlock in ptp_clock_freerun()
ixgbe: prevent from unwanted interface name changes
devlink: let driver opt out of automatic phys_port_name generation
net: prevent deadlocks when enabling NAPIs with mixed kthread config
net: update NAPI threaded config even for disabled NAPIs
selftests: drv-net: don't assume device has only 2 queues
docs: Fix name for net.ipv4.udp_child_hash_entries
riscv: dts: thead: Add APB clocks for TH1520 GMACs
...
Besides ones for GMAC core and peripheral registers, the TH1520 GMAC
requires one more clock for configuring APB glue registers. Describe
it in the binding.
Fixes: f920ce04c3 ("dt-bindings: net: Add T-HEAD dwmac support")
Signed-off-by: Yao Zi <ziyao@disroot.org>
Acked-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Drew Fustini <fustini@kernel.org>
Link: https://patch.msgid.link/20250808093655.48074-3-ziyao@disroot.org
Signed-off-by: Paolo Abeni <pabeni@redhat.com>
The symbol wb_window_usec cannot be found. Update the doc to reflect the
latest implementation, in other words, the debugfs interface
'curr_win_nsec'.
Signed-off-by: Tang Yizhou <yizhou.tang@shopee.com>
Reviewed-by: Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
Reviewed-by: Yu Kuai <yukuai3@huawei.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250727173959.160835-4-yizhou.tang@shopee.com
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
The infineon,ir38060 binding never got maintainer and fake "Not Me"
entry have been causing dt_binding_check warnings for 1.5 years now:
regulator/infineon,ir38060.yaml: maintainers:0: 'Not Me.' does not match '@'
Guenter agreed to keep an eye for this hardware and binding.
Cc: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
Cc: Conor Dooley <conor.dooley@microchip.com>
Cc: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@codeconstruct.com.au>
Cc: Ninad Palsule <ninad@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
Link: https://patch.msgid.link/20250811141526.168752-2-krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
The SRSO bug can theoretically be used to conduct user->user or guest->guest
attacks and requires a mitigation (namely IBPB instead of SBPB on context
switch) for these. So mark SRSO as being applicable to the user->user and
guest->guest attack vectors.
Additionally, SRSO supports multiple mitigations which mitigate different
potential attack vectors. Some CPUs are also immune to SRSO from
certain attack vectors (like user->kernel).
Use the specific attack vectors requiring mitigation to select the best
SRSO mitigation to avoid unnecessary performance hits.
Signed-off-by: David Kaplan <david.kaplan@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Borislav Petkov (AMD) <bp@alien8.de>
Reviewed-by: Borislav Petkov (AMD) <bp@alien8.de>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/20250721160310.1804203-1-david.kaplan@amd.com
Christoph suggested that the explicit _GPL_ can be dropped from the
module namespace export macro, as it's intended for in-tree modules
only. It would be possible to restrict it technically, but it was
pointed out [2] that some cases of using an out-of-tree build of an
in-tree module with the same name are legitimate. But in that case those
also have to be GPL anyway so it's unnecessary to spell it out in the
macro name.
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/all/aFleJN_fE-RbSoFD@infradead.org/ [1]
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAK7LNATRkZHwJGpojCnvdiaoDnP%2BaeUXgdey5sb_8muzdWTMkA@mail.gmail.com/ [2]
Suggested-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org>
Reviewed-by: Shivank Garg <shivankg@amd.com>
Acked-by: David Hildenbrand <david@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Nicolas Schier <n.schier@avm.de>
Reviewed-by: Daniel Gomez <da.gomez@samsung.com>
Reviewed-by: Christian Brauner <brauner@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Vlastimil Babka <vbabka@suse.cz>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/20250808-export_modules-v4-1-426945bcc5e1@suse.cz
Signed-off-by: Christian Brauner <brauner@kernel.org>
- Expose the OVMF firmware debug log via sysfs
- Lower the default log level for the EFI stub to avoid corrupting any
splash screens with unimportant diagnostic output
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iHUEABYKAB0WIQQQm/3uucuRGn1Dmh0wbglWLn0tXAUCaJbnoAAKCRAwbglWLn0t
XIhuAQDB+qEzM0nBPRVnlztrjKDbxu01jzFgCuf4egFePs4OjwD/dgNCXXudn5JB
X7VWNi8VQAWBMhijpEKXvDu6f0MXFgw=
=UeGX
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'efi-next-for-v6.17' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/efi/efi
Pull EFI updates from Ard Biesheuvel:
- Expose the OVMF firmware debug log via sysfs
- Lower the default log level for the EFI stub to avoid corrupting any
splash screens with unimportant diagnostic output
* tag 'efi-next-for-v6.17' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/efi/efi:
efi: add API doc entry for ovmf_debug_log
efistub: Lower default log level
efi: add ovmf debug log driver
- netlink: avoid infinite retry looping in netlink_unicast()
Previous releases - always broken:
- packet: fix a race in packet_set_ring() and packet_notifier()
- ipv6: reject malicious packets in ipv6_gso_segment()
- sched: mqprio: fix stack out-of-bounds write in tc entry parsing
- net: drop UFO packets (injected via virtio) in udp_rcv_segment()
- eth: mlx5: correctly set gso_segs when LRO is used, avoid false
positive checksum validation errors
- netpoll: prevent hanging NAPI when netcons gets enabled
- phy: mscc: fix parsing of unicast frames for PTP timestamping
- number of device tree / OF reference leak fixes
Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=nwy7
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'net-6.17-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net
Pull networking fixes from Jakub Kicinski:
Previous releases - regressions:
- netlink: avoid infinite retry looping in netlink_unicast()
Previous releases - always broken:
- packet: fix a race in packet_set_ring() and packet_notifier()
- ipv6: reject malicious packets in ipv6_gso_segment()
- sched: mqprio: fix stack out-of-bounds write in tc entry parsing
- net: drop UFO packets (injected via virtio) in udp_rcv_segment()
- eth: mlx5: correctly set gso_segs when LRO is used, avoid false
positive checksum validation errors
- netpoll: prevent hanging NAPI when netcons gets enabled
- phy: mscc: fix parsing of unicast frames for PTP timestamping
- a number of device tree / OF reference leak fixes"
* tag 'net-6.17-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net: (44 commits)
pptp: fix pptp_xmit() error path
net: ti: icssg-prueth: Fix skb handling for XDP_PASS
net: Update threaded state in napi config in netif_set_threaded
selftests: netdevsim: Xfail nexthop test on slow machines
eth: fbnic: Lock the tx_dropped update
eth: fbnic: Fix tx_dropped reporting
eth: fbnic: remove the debugging trick of super high page bias
net: ftgmac100: fix potential NULL pointer access in ftgmac100_phy_disconnect
dt-bindings: net: Replace bouncing Alexandru Tachici emails
dpll: zl3073x: ZL3073X_I2C and ZL3073X_SPI should depend on NET
net/sched: mqprio: fix stack out-of-bounds write in tc entry parsing
Revert "net: mdio_bus: Use devm for getting reset GPIO"
selftests: net: packetdrill: xfail all problems on slow machines
net/packet: fix a race in packet_set_ring() and packet_notifier()
benet: fix BUG when creating VFs
net: airoha: npu: Add missing MODULE_FIRMWARE macros
net: devmem: fix DMA direction on unmapping
ipa: fix compile-testing with qcom-mdt=m
eth: fbnic: unlink NAPIs from queues on error to open
net: Add locking to protect skb->dev access in ip_output
...
- updates to several drivers consuming GPIO APIs to use setters
returning error codes
- an infrastructure allowing to define "overlays" for touchscreens
carving out regions implementing buttons and other elements from a
bigger sensors and a corresponding update to st1232 driver
- an update to AT/PS2 keyboard driver to map F13-F24 by default
- Samsung keypad driver got a facelift
- evdev input handler will now bind to all devices using EV_SYN event
instead of abusing id->driver_info
- 2 new sub-drivers implementing 1A (capacitive buttons) and 21
(forcepad button) functions in Synaptics RMI driver
- support for polling mode in Goodix touchscreen driver
- support for support for FocalTech FT8716 in edt-ft5x06 driver
- support for MT6359 in mtk-pmic-keys driver
- removal of pcf50633-input driver since platform it was used on is gone
- new definitions for game controller "grip" buttons (BTN_GRIP*) and
corresponding changes to xpad and hid-steam controller drivers
- a new definition for "performance" key
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iHUEABYKAB0WIQST2eWILY88ieB2DOtAj56VGEWXnAUCaJOUOwAKCRBAj56VGEWX
nPJTAQC1hrYgCv1L8hxUukbGH5FFPF2nlk63U78izh/dd7R9fwD+OqrQT7+IEr/5
VBqxiqdy77R1mmYs8RpmjOSTg0MEwwg=
=jm8o
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'input-for-v6.17-rc0' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input
Pull input updates from Dmitry Torokhov:
- updates to several drivers consuming GPIO APIs to use setters
returning error codes
- an infrastructure allowing to define "overlays" for touchscreens
carving out regions implementing buttons and other elements from a
bigger sensors and a corresponding update to st1232 driver
- an update to AT/PS2 keyboard driver to map F13-F24 by default
- Samsung keypad driver got a facelift
- evdev input handler will now bind to all devices using EV_SYN event
instead of abusing id->driver_info
- two new sub-drivers implementing 1A (capacitive buttons) and 21
(forcepad button) functions in Synaptics RMI driver
- support for polling mode in Goodix touchscreen driver
- support for support for FocalTech FT8716 in edt-ft5x06 driver
- support for MT6359 in mtk-pmic-keys driver
- removal of pcf50633-input driver since platform it was used on is
gone
- new definitions for game controller "grip" buttons (BTN_GRIP*) and
corresponding changes to xpad and hid-steam controller drivers
- a new definition for "performance" key
* tag 'input-for-v6.17-rc0' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input: (38 commits)
HID: hid-steam: Use new BTN_GRIP* buttons
Input: add keycode for performance mode key
Input: max77693 - convert to atomic pwm operation
Input: st1232 - add touch-overlay handling
dt-bindings: input: touchscreen: st1232: add touch-overlay example
Input: touch-overlay - add touchscreen overlay handling
dt-bindings: touchscreen: add touch-overlay property
Input: atkbd - correctly map F13 - F24
Input: xpad - use new BTN_GRIP* buttons
Input: Add and document BTN_GRIP*
Input: xpad - change buttons the D-Pad gets mapped as to BTN_DPAD_*
Documentation: Fix capitalization of XBox -> Xbox
Input: synaptics-rmi4 - add support for F1A
dt-bindings: input: syna,rmi4: Document F1A function
Input: synaptics-rmi4 - add support for Forcepads (F21)
Input: mtk-pmic-keys - add support for MT6359 PMIC keys
Input: remove special handling of id->driver_info when matching
Input: evdev - switch matching to EV_SYN
Input: samsung-keypad - use BIT() and GENMASK() where appropriate
Input: samsung-keypad - use per-chip parameters
...
Introduce the mailbox module for AST27XX series SoC, which is responsible
for interchanging messages between asymmetric processors.
Signed-off-by: Jammy Huang <jammy_huang@aspeedtech.com>
Reviewed-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Jeffery <andrew@codeconstruct.com.au>
Signed-off-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
Providers DTS examples should not contain consumer nodes, because they
are completely redundant, obvious (defined in common schema) and add
unnecessary bloat. Drop consumer examples and unneeded node labels.
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Nishanth Menon <nm@ti.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
According to Devicetree specifications, device node names should be
generic, thus Mailbox provider should be called "mailbox", not "hsp".
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
DTS example in the bindings should be indented with 2- or 4-spaces, so
correct a mixture of different styles to keep consistent 4-spaces.
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Nishanth Menon <nm@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Sven Peter <sven@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
Lists should have fixed constraint, so add missing maxItems to the "reg"
property. Since minItems=maxItems, the minItems is implied by dtschema
so can be dropped.
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Nishanth Menon <nm@ti.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
Lists should have fixed constraint, so add missing maxItems to the
"interrupts" property. Since minItems=maxItems, the minItems is implied
by dtschema so can be dropped.
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Martin Blumenstingl <martin.blumenstingl@googlemail.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
Document the Inter-Processor Communication Controller on the Milos SoC.
Signed-off-by: Luca Weiss <luca.weiss@fairphone.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
Add devicetree YAML binding for brcmstb bcm74110 mailbox used
for communicating with a co-processor.
Reviewed-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Justin Chen <justin.chen@broadcom.com>
Reviewed-by: Florian Fainelli <florian.fainelli@broadcom.com>
Signed-off-by: Jassi Brar <jassisinghbrar@gmail.com>
This is mostly fixes and cleanups and code reworks that trickled in
across the merge window and the weeks leading up. The only
substantive update is the Mediatek ufs driver which accounts for the
bulk of the additions.
Signed-off-by: James E.J. Bottomley <James.Bottomley@HansenPartnership.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iJwEABMIAEQWIQTnYEDbdso9F2cI+arnQslM7pishQUCaJNGsyYcamFtZXMuYm90
dG9tbGV5QGhhbnNlbnBhcnRuZXJzaGlwLmNvbQAKCRDnQslM7pishbe3AQCWaCas
yQj/3S7dK17qdRQa7ooU3xeXt1A1CLlhkJEyWwD/TmmxUSFvbxjm/+Wdu0l+JX15
EGVmwp+bX/p2ea+s6AE=
=ZYNP
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi
Pull more SCSI updates from James Bottomley:
"This is mostly fixes and cleanups and code reworks that trickled in
across the merge window and the weeks leading up. The only substantive
update is the Mediatek ufs driver which accounts for the bulk of the
additions"
* tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi: (37 commits)
scsi: libsas: Use a bool for sas_deform_port() second argument
scsi: libsas: Move declarations of internal functions to sas_internal.h
scsi: libsas: Make sas_get_ata_info() static
scsi: libsas: Simplify sas_ata_wait_eh()
scsi: libsas: Refactor dev_is_sata()
scsi: sd: Make sd shutdown issue START STOP UNIT appropriately
scsi: arm64: dts: mediatek: mt8195: Add UFSHCI node
scsi: dt-bindings: mediatek,ufs: add MT8195 compatible and update clock nodes
scsi: dt-bindings: mediatek,ufs: Add ufs-disable-mcq flag for UFS host
scsi: ufs: ufs-mediatek: Add UFS host support for MT8195 SoC
scsi: ufs: ufs-pci: Remove control of UIC Completion interrupt for Intel MTL
scsi: ufs: core: Do not write interrupt enable register unnecessarily
scsi: ufs: core: Set and clear UIC Completion interrupt as needed
scsi: ufs: core: Remove duplicated code in ufshcd_send_bsg_uic_cmd()
scsi: ufs: core: Move ufshcd_enable_intr() and ufshcd_disable_intr()
scsi: ufs: ufs-pci: Remove UFS PCI driver's ->late_init() call back
scsi: ufs: ufs-pci: Fix default runtime and system PM levels
scsi: ufs: ufs-pci: Fix hibernate state transition for Intel MTL-like host controllers
scsi: ufs: host: mediatek: Support FDE (AES) clock scaling
scsi: ufs: host: mediatek: Support clock scaling with Vcore binding
...
- Fix a shortcut key issue in menuconfig
- Fix missing rebuild of kheaders
- Sort the symbol dump generated by gendwarfsyms
- Support zboot extraction in scripts/extract-vmlinux
- Migrate gconfig to GTK 3
- Add TAR variable to allow overriding the default tar command
- Hand over Kbuild maintainership
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=MtyJ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'kbuild-v6.17-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild
Pull Kbuild updates from Masahiro Yamada:
"This is the last pull request from me.
I'm grateful to have been able to continue as a maintainer for eight
years. From the next cycle, Nathan and Nicolas will maintain Kbuild.
- Fix a shortcut key issue in menuconfig
- Fix missing rebuild of kheaders
- Sort the symbol dump generated by gendwarfsyms
- Support zboot extraction in scripts/extract-vmlinux
- Migrate gconfig to GTK 3
- Add TAR variable to allow overriding the default tar command
- Hand over Kbuild maintainership"
* tag 'kbuild-v6.17-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild: (92 commits)
MAINTAINERS: hand over Kbuild maintenance
kheaders: make it possible to override TAR
kbuild: userprogs: use correct linker when mixing clang and GNU ld
kconfig: lxdialog: replace strcpy() with strncpy() in inputbox.c
kconfig: lxdialog: replace strcpy with snprintf in print_autowrap
kconfig: gconf: refactor text_insert_help()
kconfig: gconf: remove unneeded variable in text_insert_msg
kconfig: gconf: use hyphens in signals
kconfig: gconf: replace GtkImageMenuItem with GtkMenuItem
kconfig: gconf: Fix Back button behavior
kconfig: gconf: fix single view to display dependent symbols correctly
scripts: add zboot support to extract-vmlinux
gendwarfksyms: order -T symtypes output by name
gendwarfksyms: use preferred form of sizeof for allocation
kconfig: qconf: confine {begin,end}Group to constructor and destructor
kconfig: qconf: fix ConfigList::updateListAllforAll()
kconfig: add a function to dump all menu entries in a tree-like format
kconfig: gconf: show GTK version in About dialog
kconfig: gconf: replace GtkHPaned and GtkVPaned with GtkPaned
kconfig: gconf: replace GdkColor with GdkRGBA
...
Emails to alexandru.tachici@analog.com bounce permanently:
Remote Server returned '550 5.1.10 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipientNotFound; Recipient not found by SMTP address lookup'
so replace him with Marcelo Schmitt from Analog.
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Marcelo Schmitt <marcelo.schmitt@analog.com>
Link: https://patch.msgid.link/20250724113758.61874-2-krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org
Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
- The 4 patch series "mseal cleanups" from Lorenzo Stoakes erforms some
mseal cleaning with no intended functional change.
- The 3 patch series "Optimizations for khugepaged" from David
Hildenbrand improves khugepaged throughput by batching PTE operations
for large folios. This gain is mainly for arm64.
- The 8 patch series "x86: enable EXECMEM_ROX_CACHE for ftrace and
kprobes" from Mike Rapoport provides a bugfix, additional debug code and
cleanups to the execmem code.
- The 7 patch series "mm/shmem, swap: bugfix and improvement of mTHP
swap in" from Kairui Song provides bugfixes, cleanups and performance
improvememnts to the mTHP swapin code.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iHUEABYKAB0WIQTTMBEPP41GrTpTJgfdBJ7gKXxAjgUCaI+6HQAKCRDdBJ7gKXxA
jv7lAQCAKE5dUhdZ0pOYbhBKTlDapQh2KqHrlV3QFcxXgknEoQD/c3gG01rY3fLh
Cnf5l9+cdyfKxFniO48sUPx6IpriRg8=
=HT5/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'mm-stable-2025-08-03-12-35' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/akpm/mm
Pull more MM updates from Andrew Morton:
"Significant patch series in this pull request:
- "mseal cleanups" (Lorenzo Stoakes)
Some mseal cleaning with no intended functional change.
- "Optimizations for khugepaged" (David Hildenbrand)
Improve khugepaged throughput by batching PTE operations for large
folios. This gain is mainly for arm64.
- "x86: enable EXECMEM_ROX_CACHE for ftrace and kprobes" (Mike Rapoport)
A bugfix, additional debug code and cleanups to the execmem code.
- "mm/shmem, swap: bugfix and improvement of mTHP swap in" (Kairui Song)
Bugfixes, cleanups and performance improvememnts to the mTHP swapin
code"
* tag 'mm-stable-2025-08-03-12-35' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/akpm/mm: (38 commits)
mm: mempool: fix crash in mempool_free() for zero-minimum pools
mm: correct type for vmalloc vm_flags fields
mm/shmem, swap: fix major fault counting
mm/shmem, swap: rework swap entry and index calculation for large swapin
mm/shmem, swap: simplify swapin path and result handling
mm/shmem, swap: never use swap cache and readahead for SWP_SYNCHRONOUS_IO
mm/shmem, swap: tidy up swap entry splitting
mm/shmem, swap: tidy up THP swapin checks
mm/shmem, swap: avoid redundant Xarray lookup during swapin
x86/ftrace: enable EXECMEM_ROX_CACHE for ftrace allocations
x86/kprobes: enable EXECMEM_ROX_CACHE for kprobes allocations
execmem: drop writable parameter from execmem_fill_trapping_insns()
execmem: add fallback for failures in vmalloc(VM_ALLOW_HUGE_VMAP)
execmem: move execmem_force_rw() and execmem_restore_rox() before use
execmem: rework execmem_cache_free()
execmem: introduce execmem_alloc_rw()
execmem: drop unused execmem_update_copy()
mm: fix a UAF when vma->mm is freed after vma->vm_refcnt got dropped
mm/rmap: add anon_vma lifetime debug check
mm: remove mm/io-mapping.c
...
- acpi: enable 100kHz workaround for DLL0945
- apple: add support for Apple A7–A11, T2 chips; Kconfig update
- mux: mule: fix error handling path
- qcom-geni: fix controller frequency mapping
- stm32f7: add DMA-safe transfer support
- tegra: use controller reset if device reset is missing
- tegra: remove unnecessary dma_sync*() calls
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=Uf9H
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'i2c-for-6.17-rc1-part2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wsa/linux
Pull more i2c updates from Wolfram Sang:
"A few more patches from I2C. Some are fixes which would be nice to
have in rc1 already, some patches have nearly been fallen through the
cracks, some just needed a bit more testing.
- acpi: enable 100kHz workaround for DLL0945
- apple: add support for Apple A7–A11, T2 chips; Kconfig update
- mux: mule: fix error handling path
- qcom-geni: fix controller frequency mapping
- stm32f7: add DMA-safe transfer support
- tegra: use controller reset if device reset is missing
- tegra: remove unnecessary dma_sync*() calls"
* tag 'i2c-for-6.17-rc1-part2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wsa/linux:
i2c: muxes: mule: Fix an error handling path in mule_i2c_mux_probe()
i2c: Force DLL0945 touchpad i2c freq to 100khz
i2c: apple: Drop default ARCH_APPLE in Kconfig
i2c: qcom-geni: fix I2C frequency table to achieve accurate bus rates
dt-bindings: i2c: apple,i2c: Document Apple A7-A11, T2 compatibles
i2c: tegra: Remove dma_sync_*() calls
i2c: tegra: Use internal reset when reset property is not available
i2c: stm32f7: support i2c_*_dma_safe_msg_buf APIs
In this round, we've mainly updated three parts: 1) folio conversion by Matthew,
2) switch to a new mount API by Hongbo and Eric, and 3) several sysfs entries
to tune GCs for ZUFS with finer granularity by Daeho. There are also patches
to address bugs and issues in the existing features such as GCs, file pinning,
write-while-dio-read, contingous block allocation, and memory access violations.
Enhancement:
- switch to new mount API and folio conversion
- add sysfs nodes to controle F2FS GCs for ZUFS
- improve performance on the nat entry cache
- drop inode from the donation list when the last file is closed
- avoid splitting bio when reading multiple pages
Bug fix:
- fix to trigger foreground gc during f2fs_map_blocks() in lfs mode
- make sure zoned device GC to use FG_GC in shortage of free section
- fix to calculate dirty data during has_not_enough_free_secs()
- fix to update upper_p in __get_secs_required() correctly
- wait for inflight dio completion, excluding pinned files read using dio
- don't break allocation when crossing contiguous sections
- vm_unmap_ram() may be called from an invalid context
- fix to avoid out-of-boundary access in dnode page
- fix to avoid panic in f2fs_evict_inode
- fix to avoid UAF in f2fs_sync_inode_meta()
- fix to use f2fs_is_valid_blkaddr_raw() in do_write_page()
- fix UAF of f2fs_inode_info in f2fs_free_dic
- fix to avoid invalid wait context issue
- fix bio memleak when committing super block
- handle nat.blkaddr corruption in f2fs_get_node_info()
In addition, there are also clean-ups and minor bug fixes.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=XIPU
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'f2fs-for-6.17-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaegeuk/f2fs
Pull f2fs updates from Jaegeuk Kim:
"Three main updates: folio conversion by Matthew, switch to a new mount
API by Hongbo and Eric, and several sysfs entries to tune GCs for ZUFS
with finer granularity by Daeho.
There are also patches to address bugs and issues in the existing
features such as GCs, file pinning, write-while-dio-read, contingous
block allocation, and memory access violations.
Enhancements:
- switch to new mount API and folio conversion
- add sysfs nodes to controle F2FS GCs for ZUFS
- improve performance on the nat entry cache
- drop inode from the donation list when the last file is closed
- avoid splitting bio when reading multiple pages
Bug fixes:
- fix to trigger foreground gc during f2fs_map_blocks() in lfs mode
- make sure zoned device GC to use FG_GC in shortage of free section
- fix to calculate dirty data during has_not_enough_free_secs()
- fix to update upper_p in __get_secs_required() correctly
- wait for inflight dio completion, excluding pinned files read using dio
- don't break allocation when crossing contiguous sections
- vm_unmap_ram() may be called from an invalid context
- fix to avoid out-of-boundary access in dnode page
- fix to avoid panic in f2fs_evict_inode
- fix to avoid UAF in f2fs_sync_inode_meta()
- fix to use f2fs_is_valid_blkaddr_raw() in do_write_page()
- fix UAF of f2fs_inode_info in f2fs_free_dic
- fix to avoid invalid wait context issue
- fix bio memleak when committing super block
- handle nat.blkaddr corruption in f2fs_get_node_info()
In addition, there are also clean-ups and minor bug fixes"
* tag 'f2fs-for-6.17-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaegeuk/f2fs: (109 commits)
f2fs: drop inode from the donation list when the last file is closed
f2fs: add gc_boost_gc_greedy sysfs node
f2fs: add gc_boost_gc_multiple sysfs node
f2fs: fix to trigger foreground gc during f2fs_map_blocks() in lfs mode
f2fs: fix to calculate dirty data during has_not_enough_free_secs()
f2fs: fix to update upper_p in __get_secs_required() correctly
f2fs: directly add newly allocated pre-dirty nat entry to dirty set list
f2fs: avoid redundant clean nat entry move in lru list
f2fs: zone: wait for inflight dio completion, excluding pinned files read using dio
f2fs: ignore valid ratio when free section count is low
f2fs: don't break allocation when crossing contiguous sections
f2fs: remove unnecessary tracepoint enabled check
f2fs: merge the two conditions to avoid code duplication
f2fs: vm_unmap_ram() may be called from an invalid context
f2fs: fix to avoid out-of-boundary access in dnode page
f2fs: switch to the new mount api
f2fs: introduce fs_context_operation structure
f2fs: separate the options parsing and options checking
f2fs: Add f2fs_fs_context to record the mount options
f2fs: Allow sbi to be NULL in f2fs_printk
...
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=Mocd
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'printk-for-6.17' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/printk/linux
Pull printk updates from Petr Mladek:
- Add new "hash_pointers=[auto|always|never]" boot parameter to force
the hashing even with "slab_debug" enabled
- Allow to stop CPU, after losing nbcon console ownership during
panic(), even without proper NMI
- Allow to use the printk kthread immediately even for the 1st
registered nbcon
- Compiler warning removal
* tag 'printk-for-6.17' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/printk/linux:
printk: nbcon: Allow reacquire during panic
printk: Allow to use the printk kthread immediately even for 1st nbcon
slab: Decouple slab_debug and no_hash_pointers
vsprintf: Use __diag macros to disable '-Wsuggest-attribute=format'
compiler-gcc.h: Introduce __diag_GCC_all