Commit graph

691,473 commits

Author SHA1 Message Date
David S. Miller
3932932956 [SPARC] sbus: Make sure sbus nodes are named uniquely.
Just name them "sbus%d" otherwise on sun4d we try to register
multiple entries named "sbi@0,0" which does not work.

Based upon a report from Raymond Burns.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-07-21 14:18:06 -07:00
Bob Breuer
f7785a64d1 [SPARC]: Fix property name acquisition in prom.c
On sparc32 the prom_{first,next}prop() interfaces work
a little differently.  The buffer argument is ignored on
sparc32 and the firmware just returns a raw pointer to
the property name.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-07-21 14:18:04 -07:00
David S. Miller
bda2f7b480 [SERIAL] sunsab: Get line numbers and table sizing correct.
Table sizing code should look for "se" not "su" nodes.

The chip at the lower address should get the first index.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-07-21 14:18:01 -07:00
Marc Zyngier
44f2650b13 [SPARC64] Fix sunsab ports ordering
Register second SAB port before the first one, as serial A is wired to
it, and expected to appear as ttyS0.

Signed-off-by: Marc Zyngier <maz@misterjones.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-07-21 14:17:57 -07:00
David S. Miller
06ffd7956e [SPARC]: Kill prom_getname, unused and not implemented properly.
The m68k port's sun3 asm/oplib.h had a stray reference too, so I
killed that off as well.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-07-21 14:17:55 -07:00
David S. Miller
46ba6d7d8b [SPARC64]: Fix more of_device layer IRQ bugs, and correct PROMREG_MAX.
Sabre and Psycho PCI controllers can have partial interrupt-map
properties, meaning that on-board devices don't match up to any
entries.  Instead, they are fully specified from the beginning and
we should pass them directly to the IRQ translator as-is.

Also, fill in the necessary translator slots for the "graphics"
and "expansion UPA" interrupts on Sabre, Psycho, and SYSIO SBUS.

Increase PROMREG_MAX to 24, as seen on SUNW,ffb devices.

Finally, prevent accidentally writing past the end of the of_device
struct resource[] and irqs[] arrays.  Spit out a log message when
we ignore some entries because there are too many of them.

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-07-21 14:17:52 -07:00
Linus Torvalds
00ab956f2f Merge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-rc-fixes-2.6
* master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-rc-fixes-2.6: (38 commits)
  [SCSI] More buffer->request_buffer changes
  [SCSI] mptfusion: bump version to 3.04.01
  [SCSI] mptfusion: misc fix's
  [SCSI] mptfusion: firmware download boot fix's
  [SCSI] mptfusion: task abort fix's
  [SCSI] mptfusion: sas nexus loss support
  [SCSI] mptfusion: sas loginfo update
  [SCSI] mptfusion: mptctl panic when loading
  [SCSI] mptfusion: sas enclosures with smart drive
  [SCSI] NCR_D700: misc fixes (section and argument ordering)
  [SCSI] scsi_debug: must_check fixes
  [SCSI] scsi_transport_sas: kill the use of channel 
  [SCSI] scsi_transport_sas: add expander backlink
  [SCSI] hide EH backup data outside the scsi_cmnd
  [SCSI] ibmvscsi: handle inactive SCSI target during probe
  [SCSI] ibmvscsi: allocate lpevents for ibmvscsi on iseries
  [SCSI] aic7[9x]xx: Remove last vestiges of reverse_scan
  [SCSI] aha152x: stop poking at saved scsi_cmnd members
  [SCSI] st.c: Improve sense output
  [SCSI] lpfc 8.1.7: Change version number to 8.1.7
  ...
2006-07-21 12:04:53 -07:00
Linus Torvalds
53a4998229 Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git390.osdl.marist.edu/pub/scm/linux-2.6
* 'for-linus' of git://git390.osdl.marist.edu/pub/scm/linux-2.6:
  [S390] sysfs_create_xxx return values.
  [S390] .align 4096 statements in head.S
  [S390] get_clock inline assembly.
  [S390] channel measurement interval display.
  [S390] xpram module parameter parsing - take 2.
  [S390] Fix gcc warning about unused return values.
2006-07-21 12:03:57 -07:00
Linus Torvalds
3bda2418b9 Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6
* 'upstream-linus' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6:
  [PATCH] spidernet: rework tx queue handling
  [PATCH] spidernet: bug fix for init code
  [PATCH] sky2: NAPI poll fix
  [NET] ethtool: fix oops by testing correct struct member
  e1000: bump version to 7.1.9-k4
  e1000: fix panic on large frame receive when mtu=default
  e1000: remove CRC bytes from measured packet length
  e1000: Redo netpoll fix to address community concerns
2006-07-21 12:03:32 -07:00
Abhijith Das
52f341cf75 [GFS2] gfs2_set_flags double locking patch
traced the "umount hang due to spurious glock" issue that I was having
with gfs2meta. It's in the do_gfs2_set_flags function, which does a
gfs2_holder_init as well as a gfs2_glock_nq_init (increases ref count by
2 instead of 1).

Signed-off-by: Abhijith Das <adas@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
2006-07-21 02:03:21 -04:00
David Teigland
c5921fd02e [GFS2] fix typo in locking/dlm
Typo causes the error value from the wrong lock to be checked.

Signed-off-by: David Teigland <teigland@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
2006-07-21 01:57:40 -04:00
David Teigland
3609819818 [DLM] fix whitespace damage
My previous dlm patch added trailing whitespace damage, fix that.

Signed-off-by: David Teigland <teigland@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
2006-07-21 01:55:41 -04:00
Jay Cliburn
59b693fbbe via-velocity: fix speed and link status reported by ethtool
The via-velocity driver reports incorrect speed and link detected status
as viewed by ethtool (and probably other tools). This patch fixes those
incorrect reports and prettifies a long line.

Signed-off-by:  Jay Cliburn <jacliburn@bellsouth.net>
Signed-off-by: Francois Romieu <romieu@fr.zoreil.com>
2006-07-20 23:28:23 +02:00
David Teigland
34e22bed19 [DLM] fix leaking user locks
User NOQUEUE lock requests to a remote node that failed with -EAGAIN were
never being removed from a process's list of locks.

Signed-off-by: David Teigland <teigland@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
2006-07-20 00:11:15 -04:00
Adrian Bunk
3b4a0a7494 [DLM] [RFC: -mm patch] fs/dlm/lock.c: unexport dlm_lvb_operations
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 10:48:00PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
>...
> Changes since 2.6.18-rc1-mm1:
>...
>  git-gfs2.patch
>...
>  git trees.
>...

This patch removes the unused EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(dlm_lvb_operations).

Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de>
Signed-off-by: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@redhat.com>
2006-07-20 00:09:09 -04:00
zhao, forrest
5457f2194a [PATCH] The redefinition of ahci_start_engine() and ahci_stop_engine()
- Make ahci_start_engine() and ahci_stop_engine() more consistent with
  AHCI spec 1.1
- Change their input parameter from ap to port_mmio
- Update the existing users of ahci_start_engine() and ahci_stop_engine()

Signed-off-by: Forrest Zhao <forrest.zhao@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Hannes Reinecke <hare@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 16:45:42 -04:00
Tejun Heo
13abf50df2 [PATCH] libata: improve EH action and EHI flag handling
Update ata_eh_about_to_do() and ata_eh_done() to improve EH action and
EHI flag handling.

* There are two types of EHI flags - one which expires on successful
  EH and the other which expires on a successful reset.  Make this
  distinction clear.

* Unlike other EH actions, reset actions are represented by two EH
  action masks and a EHI modifier.  Implement correct about_to_do/done
  semantics for resets.  That is, prior to reset, related EH info is
  sucked in from ehi and cleared, and after reset is complete, related
  EH info in ehc is cleared.

These changes improve consistency and remove unnecessary EH actions
caused by stale EH action masks and EHI flags.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 14:06:53 -04:00
Tejun Heo
7c8c2cff81 [PATCH] libata: fix eh_skip_recovery condition
* (ata_dev_absent() || ata_dev_ready()) test doesn't indicate
  SUSPENDED state properly.  Fix it.

* Link resuming resets shouldn't be skipped.  Don't skip recovery on
  EHI_RESUME_LINK.  This doesn't matter for host ports as EHI_RESUME
  always coincides with EHI_HOTPLUGGED which makes attached disabled
  devices vacant.  However, PMP reset causes non-hotplug link-resuming
  resets which shouldn't be skipped.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 14:06:53 -04:00
Tejun Heo
4528e4da79 [PATCH] libata: fix autopsy ehc->i.action and ehc->i.dev handling
Commit 0662c58b32 updated
ata_eh_autopsy() to OR determined action to ehc->i.action to preserve
action mask set directly into ehc->i.action by nested functions.  This
broke action mask clearing on SENSE_VALID case causing revalidation
and EH complete message on successful ATAPI CC.

This patch removes two local variables - action and failed_dev - which
cache ehc->i.action and ehc->i.dev respectively, and make the function
directly modify ehc->i.* fields to remove aliasing issues.

Signed-off-by: Tejun Heo <htejun@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 14:06:53 -04:00
Arjan van de Ven
22ad852b82 [PATCH] resend of 8390 patch for lockdep
The 8390 drivers use disable_irq() as a locking primitive, which means these
uses need lockdep specific annotation that they are used as such.

Signed-off-by: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 14:01:17 -04:00
Jeff Garzik
225ec70a8c Merge branch 'upstream' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6 into upstream 2006-07-19 13:51:27 -04:00
Ralf Baechle
3fac061393 [PATCH] Remove useless #ifdef MODULE stuff and printout
Get rid of the MODULE stuff.  Could have rewritten to use modern interfaces
but the copyright message of this BSD licensed code isn't interesting enough
to be watched on every bootup, in every syslog.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 13:50:39 -04:00
Ralf Baechle
79690602ad [PATCH] Remove useless casts
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 13:50:39 -04:00
Ralf Baechle
1588035265 [PATCH] Convert to kzalloc
Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 13:50:39 -04:00
Ralf Baechle
b6e37e55c2 [PATCH] Cleanup SLHC configuration
Convert selection of serial line header compression to use CONFIG_SLHC
rather than makefile ifeq uglyness.  This makes it easier to select
the SLHC module from other code.

Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 13:50:39 -04:00
Stephen Hemminger
5f5d83fdbf [PATCH] sky2: add another PCI ID
Yet another PCI ID for 88E8056

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <sch@sch-laptop.localdomain>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-19 13:49:04 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
8b8277a174 Input: update the force feedback documentation
Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:44:22 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
bb3caf7f43 Input: add force feedback driver for PSX-style Zeroplus devices
Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:44:17 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
1f734cb461 Input: drop remnants of the old force-feedback interface
Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:44:08 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
ff46255123 Input: uinput - switch to the new FF interface
The userspace interface of the force feedback part is changed and
documentation in uinput.h is updated accordingly. MODULE_VERSION
is also incremented to reflect the revision.

Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:41:09 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
dc76c91214 Input: use new FF interface in the HID force feedback drivers
Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:40:55 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
224ee88fe3 Input: add force feedback driver for PID devices
This replaces the older PID driver which was never completed.

Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:40:47 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
f6a01c8596 Input: iforce - switch to the new FF interface
Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:40:39 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
7d928a2b14 Input: unified force feedback support for memoryless devices
Consolidate core implementing memoryless devices in one module; added
support for gain and envelopes and periodic => rumble conversion.

Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:40:30 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
509ca1a938 Input: implement new force feedback interface
Implement a new force feedback interface, in which all non-driver-specific
operations are separated to a common module. This includes handling effect
type validations, locking, etc.

The effects are now file descriptor specific instead of the previous strange
half-process half-fd specific behaviour. The effect memory of devices is not
emptied if the root user opens and closes the device while another user is
using effects. This is a minor change and most likely no force feedback
aware programs are affected by this negatively.

Otherwise the userspace interface is left unaltered.

Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:40:22 -04:00
Anssi Hannula
806d41b756 Input: move fixp-arith.h to drivers/input
Move fixp-arith.h from drivers/usb/input to drivers/input, as the part of
force feedback support that requires trigonometric functions is being moved
there.

Signed-off-by: Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:40:14 -04:00
Dmitry Torokhov
57e6b724c0 Input: rename input.ko into input-core.ko
This will allow building input core module from several files
which is needed for the reworked force feedback support.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:39:56 -04:00
Randy Dunlap
73b59a3b1c Input: serio/gameport - check whether driver core calls succeeded
Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:14:55 -04:00
Nick Martin
2c1dd69d28 Input: spaceball - make 4000FLX Lefty work
Although the Spaceball 4000FLX Lefty is already supported by the
spaceball driver, it does not register properly due to SPACEBALL_MAX_ID
being set too low. Increment SPACEBALL_MAX_ID such that the 4000FLX Lefty
is properly recognized.

Signed-off-by: Nick Martin <nim+linux@nimlabs.org>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:14:44 -04:00
Dmitry Torokhov
896cdc7b80 Input: keyboard - simplify emulate_raw() implementation
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:14:25 -04:00
Dmitry Torokhov
2b192908b8 Input: keyboard - remove static variable and clean up initialization
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:13:26 -04:00
Dmitry Torokhov
826d598242 Input: hiddev - use standard list implementation
Fixes Coverity #id 303

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:09:10 -04:00
Dmitry Torokhov
b6d786dbe6 Input: add missing handler->start() call
The start() method need to be called every time we create
a new handle. This includes not only registering new devices
but also when registering new handlers.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@mail.ru>
2006-07-19 01:08:51 -04:00
Heiko Carstens
d7cf0d57ef [S390] sysfs_create_xxx return values.
Take return values of sysfs_create_group & friends into account.

Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Martin Schwidefsky <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com>
2006-07-18 13:46:58 +02:00
Heiko Carstens
dc8f5d21dd [S390] .align 4096 statements in head.S
SLES9 binutils don't like .align 4096 statements in head.S. Work around this
by using .org statements.

Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Martin Schwidefsky <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com>
2006-07-18 13:44:57 +02:00
Jens Osterkamp
bdd01503c3 [PATCH] spidernet: rework tx queue handling
With this patch TX queue descriptors are not chained per default any more.
The pointer to next descriptor is set only when next descriptor is prepaired
for transfer. Also the mechanism of checking wether Spider is ready has been
changed: it checks not for CARDOWNED flag in status of previous descriptor
but for a TXDMAENABLED flag in Spider's register.

Signed-off-by: Maxim Shchetynin <maxim@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd.bergmann@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Jens Osterkamp <Jens.Osterkamp@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-17 13:30:12 -04:00
Jens Osterkamp
ee962a5cee [PATCH] spidernet: bug fix for init code
We want to intitialize addr instead of data register first.

Signed-off-by: Jens Osterkamp <Jens.Osterkamp@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd.bergmann@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-17 13:30:12 -04:00
Stephen Hemminger
caa0371e8b [PATCH] sky2: NAPI poll fix
When sky2 driver gets lots of received packets at once, it can get stuck.
The NAPI poll routine gets called back to keep going, but since no IRQ bits
are set it doesn't make progress.

Increase version, since this is serious enough problem that I want to be
able to tell new from old problems.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-17 13:27:46 -04:00
Jeff Garzik
83b0fe818c Merge branch 'upstream-fixes-jgarzik' of git://lost.foo-projects.org/~ahkok/git/netdev-2.6 into upstream-fixes 2006-07-17 13:26:52 -04:00
Jeff Garzik
e1b90c416d [NET] ethtool: fix oops by testing correct struct member
Noticed by Willy Tarreau.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org>
2006-07-17 12:54:40 -04:00