Commit graph

691,473 commits

Author SHA1 Message Date
AKASHI Takahiro
c9ca9b4e21 memblock: add memblock_cap_memory_range()
Add memblock_cap_memory_range() which will remove all the memblock regions
except the memory range specified in the arguments. In addition, rework is
done on memblock_mem_limit_remove_map() to re-implement it using
memblock_cap_memory_range().

This function, like memblock_mem_limit_remove_map(), will not remove
memblocks with MEMMAP_NOMAP attribute as they may be mapped and accessed
later as "device memory."
See the commit a571d4eb55 ("mm/memblock.c: add new infrastructure to
address the mem limit issue").

This function is used, in a succeeding patch in the series of arm64 kdump
suuport, to limit the range of usable memory, or System RAM, on crash dump
kernel.
(Please note that "mem=" parameter is of little use for this purpose.)

Signed-off-by: AKASHI Takahiro <takahiro.akashi@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Will Deacon <will.deacon@arm.com>
Acked-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
Acked-by: Dennis Chen <dennis.chen@arm.com>
Cc: linux-mm@kvack.org
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Reviewed-by: Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
2017-04-05 18:26:50 +01:00
AKASHI Takahiro
4c546b8a34 memblock: add memblock_clear_nomap()
This function, with a combination of memblock_mark_nomap(), will be used
in a later kdump patch for arm64 when it temporarily isolates some range
of memory from the other memory blocks in order to create a specific
kernel mapping at boot time.

Signed-off-by: AKASHI Takahiro <takahiro.akashi@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com>
2017-04-05 18:26:46 +01:00
Laxman Dewangan
d6c1dc3f52 regulator: Add settling time for non-linear voltage transition
Some regulators (some PWM regulators) have the voltage transition
non-linear i.e. exponentially. On such cases, the settling time
for voltage transition can not be presented in the voltage-ramp-delay.

Add new property for non-linear voltage transition and handle this
in getting the voltage settling time.

Signed-off-by: Laxman Dewangan <ldewangan@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:25:10 +01:00
Laxman Dewangan
cfd2cedb48 regulator: DT: Add settling time property for non-linear voltage change
Some regulators (some PWM regulators) have the voltage transition
exponentially. On such cases, the settling time for voltage change
is treated as constant time.

Add DT property for providing the settling time for any level of
voltage change for non-linear voltage change.

signed-off-by: Laxman Dewangan <ldewangan@nvidia.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:25:10 +01:00
Kuninori Morimoto
c12c1aad98 ASoC: soc-core: verify Sound Card normality
Current ALSA SoC Sound Card basically consists of CPU/Codec/Platform
components. If system uses Kernel modules, we can disable these drivers
by using rmmod command. In such case, we can't disable
CPU/Codec/Platform driver without disabling Sound Card driver.

But on the other hand, we can disable these drivers by using unbind
command. In such case, we can disable these drivers randomly.
In this case, we can create dirty Sound Card which is missing necessary
components.

(1) If user disabled Sound Card first, but did nothing to other drivers,
user can't use Sound because Sound Card is no longer exists.
(2) If user disabled CPU/Codec/Platform driver randomly, but did nothing
to Sound Card, user still be able to use Sound Card, because dirty Sound
Card still exists. In this case, Sound system will be crashed if user
started sound playback/capture. But we can't block such random unbind
now.

To avoid Sound Card crash in (2) case, we need to unregister Sound Card
whenever CPU/Codec/Platform component were unregistered.
This patch solves this issue.

Signed-off-by: Kuninori Morimoto <kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:24:07 +01:00
Daniel Baluta
84fdc00d51 ASoC: codec: wm9860: Refactor PLL out freq search
Add a separate function for deriving (sysclk, lrclk, bclk)
when the clock is auto or pll.

Signed-off-by: Daniel Baluta <daniel.baluta@nxp.com>
Acked-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:23:15 +01:00
Javier Martinez Canillas
7b87463edf ASoC: rt5677: Add OF device ID table
The driver doesn't have a struct of_device_id table but supported devices
are registered via Device Trees. This is working on the assumption that a
I2C device registered via OF will always match a legacy I2C device ID and
that the MODALIAS reported will always be of the form i2c:<device>.

But this could change in the future so the correct approach is to have an
OF device ID table if the devices are registered via OF.

Before this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-rt5677.ko | grep alias
alias:          i2c:RT5677CE:00
alias:          i2c:rt5676
alias:          i2c:rt5677

After this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-rt5677.ko | grep alias
alias:          of:N*T*Crealtek,rt5677C*
alias:          of:N*T*Crealtek,rt5677
alias:          i2c:RT5677CE:00
alias:          i2c:rt5676
alias:          i2c:rt5677

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:22:56 +01:00
Javier Martinez Canillas
5cf015d9cb ASoC: wm8978: Add OF device ID table
The driver doesn't have a struct of_device_id table but supported devices
are registered via Device Trees. This is working on the assumption that a
I2C device registered via OF will always match a legacy I2C device ID and
that the MODALIAS reported will always be of the form i2c:<device>.

But this could change in the future so the correct approach is to have an
OF device ID table if the devices are registered via OF.

Before this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-wm8978.ko | grep alias
alias:          i2c:wm8978

After this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-wm8978.ko | grep alias
alias:          i2c:wm8978
alias:          of:N*T*Cwlf,wm8978C*
alias:          of:N*T*Cwlf,wm8978

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Acked-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:22:27 +01:00
Javier Martinez Canillas
ea22a26e67 ASoC: uda1380: Add OF device ID table
The driver doesn't have a struct of_device_id table but supported devices
are registered via Device Trees. This is working on the assumption that a
I2C device registered via OF will always match a legacy I2C device ID and
that the MODALIAS reported will always be of the form i2c:<device>.

But this could change in the future so the correct approach is to have an
OF device ID table if the devices are registered via OF.

Before this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-uda1380.ko | grep alias
alias:          i2c:uda1380

After this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-uda1380.ko | grep alias
alias:          of:N*T*Cnxp,uda1380C*
alias:          of:N*T*Cnxp,uda1380
alias:          i2c:uda1380

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:21:16 +01:00
Javier Martinez Canillas
9abe464821 ASoC: sta529: Add OF device ID table
The driver doesn't have a struct of_device_id table but supported devices
are registered via Device Trees. This is working on the assumption that a
I2C device registered via OF will always match a legacy I2C device ID and
that the MODALIAS reported will always be of the form i2c:<device>.

But this could change in the future so the correct approach is to have an
OF device ID table if the devices are registered via OF.

Before this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-sta529.ko | grep alias
alias:          i2c:sta529

After this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-sta529.ko | grep alias
alias:          of:N*T*Cst,sta529C*
alias:          of:N*T*Cst,sta529
alias:          i2c:sta529

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:21:01 +01:00
Javier Martinez Canillas
71c314d7ef ASoC: ssm4567: Add OF device ID table
The driver doesn't have a struct of_device_id table but supported devices
are registered via Device Trees. This is working on the assumption that a
I2C device registered via OF will always match a legacy I2C device ID and
that the MODALIAS reported will always be of the form i2c:<device>.

But this could change in the future so the correct approach is to have an
OF device ID table if the devices are registered via OF.

Before this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-ssm4567.ko | grep alias
alias:          acpi*:INT343B:*
alias:          i2c:ssm4567

After this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-ssm4567.ko | grep alias
alias:          acpi*:INT343B:*
alias:          of:N*T*Cadi,ssm4567C*
alias:          of:N*T*Cadi,ssm4567
alias:          i2c:ssm4567

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:20:19 +01:00
Javier Martinez Canillas
9ba2da5f5d ASoc: rt5645: Add OF device ID table
The driver doesn't have a struct of_device_id table but supported devices
are registered via Device Trees. This is working on the assumption that a
I2C device registered via OF will always match a legacy I2C device ID and
that the MODALIAS reported will always be of the form i2c:<device>.

But this could change in the future so the correct approach is to have an
OF device ID table if the devices are registered via OF.

Before this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-rt5645.ko | grep alias
alias:          acpi*:10EC3270:*
alias:          acpi*:10EC5640:*
alias:          acpi*:10EC5650:*
alias:          acpi*:10EC5648:*
alias:          acpi*:10EC5645:*
alias:          i2c:rt5650
alias:          i2c:rt5645

After this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-rt5645.ko | grep alias
alias:          of:N*T*Crealtek,rt5650C*
alias:          of:N*T*Crealtek,rt5650
alias:          of:N*T*Crealtek,rt5645C*
alias:          of:N*T*Crealtek,rt5645
alias:          acpi*:10EC3270:*
alias:          acpi*:10EC5640:*
alias:          acpi*:10EC5650:*
alias:          acpi*:10EC5648:*
alias:          acpi*:10EC5645:*
alias:          i2c:rt5650
alias:          i2c:rt5645

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:19:58 +01:00
Javier Martinez Canillas
13023ff3b3 ASoC: cs53l30: Set .of_match_table to OF device ID table
The driver has an OF device ID table but the struct i2c_driver
.of_match_table field is not set.

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:19:46 +01:00
Javier Martinez Canillas
56af0e4cd2 ASoC: max9867: export OF device ID as module aliases
The I2C core always reports a MODALIAS of the form i2c:<foo> even if the
device was registered via OF, this means that exporting the OF device ID
table device aliases in the module is not needed. But in order to change
how the core reports modaliases to user-space, it's better to export it.

While there, move the MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(i2c, max9867_i2c_id) just next
to the I2C device table declaration, for consistency with other drivers.

Before this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-max9867.ko | grep alias
alias:          i2c:max9867

After this patch:

$ modinfo sound/soc/codecs/snd-soc-max9867.ko | grep alias
alias:          i2c:max9867
alias:          of:N*T*Cmaxim,max9867C*
alias:          of:N*T*Cmaxim,max9867

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 18:19:20 +01:00
David S. Miller
18148f09c0 linux-can-next-for-4.13-20170404
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
 iQFHBAABCgAxFiEE4bay/IylYqM/npjQHv7KIOw4HPYFAljjveoTHG1rbEBwZW5n
 dXRyb25peC5kZQAKCRAe/sog7Dgc9tSZB/9DPsUOEbLzcJZ6HVRPJ3mJkCYf9jdD
 VE7vW3w79EcmcbkE7ULkyrEr/+GJs7GvA1vS+j8jphraVGOjP4DjeOm1OLJXylqa
 m2vaBpOqTOx3MdMdd/FVLlap7MKTX3f9J1WAOsGi5kJK3RR9EHRj5tKhoeG40OUk
 rMDg9juskT+XVqgawrcHyM/eVHZ4ny+BlN2LN0zajHT6l3xKiqQ+0iQltXnstymW
 djTfqlrbL+Ix6mlYKsK+joVWwbNUxuguto2m2CKVQukWFu2Q5wxe5YASjtMThQcv
 vmq2LD45cFIfNhzgfTu2msoz2Cv613LFiMtHtrfjlbXtSZmFc2FqIbKc
 =NjgL
 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Merge tag 'linux-can-next-for-4.13-20170404' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mkl/linux-can-next

Marc Kleine-Budde says:

====================
pull-request: can-next 2017-03-03

this is a pull request of 5 patches for net-next/master.

There are two patches by Yegor Yefremov which convert the ti_hecc
driver into a DT only driver, as there is no in-tree user of the old
platform driver interface anymore. The next patch by Mario Kicherer
adds network namespace support to the can subsystem. The last two
patches by Akshay Bhat add support for the holt_hi311x SPI CAN driver.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2017-04-05 09:56:22 -07:00
Thierry Reding
b0d36daa0a gpu: host1x: Fix host1x driver shutdown
Shutting down a host1x device currently crashes if the device has failed
to probe. The root cause is that the host1x shutdown is implemented as a
struct bus_type callback, but in turn relies on the driver bound to the
device. On failure to probe, no driver will be bound and cause the code
to crash.

Fix this by moving the ->probe(), ->remove() and ->shutdown() callbacks
to the driver rather than the bus.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:50 +02:00
Thierry Reding
b386c6b73a gpu: host1x: Support module reset
Newer versions of Tegra come with early boot software that aggressively
puts various modules in reset. Add support to the host1x driver to take
the module out of reset on probe, and assert reset on removal.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:50 +02:00
Thierry Reding
7e7d432c5a gpu: host1x: Sort includes alphabetically
Sorting includes alphabetically makes it easier and less conflict-prone
to add new includes subsequently.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:49 +02:00
Arto Merilainen
0ae797a8ba drm/tegra: Add VIC support
This patch adds support for Video Image Compositor engine which
can be used for 2d operations.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Chew <achew@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Arto Merilainen <amerilainen@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mikko Perttunen <mperttunen@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:48 +02:00
Mikko Perttunen
6cc5f00f34 dt-bindings: Add bindings for the Tegra VIC
The VIC (Video Image Compositor) is a Host1x client unit
that can do various 2D composition and transform operations.

Signed-off-by: Mikko Perttunen <mperttunen@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:48 +02:00
Arto Merilainen
8746f6593d drm/tegra: Add falcon helper library
Add a set of falcon helper routines for use by the tegradrm client drivers
of the various falcon-based engines.

The falcon is a microcontroller that acts as a frontend for the rest of a
particular Tegra engine.  In order to properly utilize these engines, the
frontend must be booted before pushing any commands.

Based on work by Andrew Chew <achew@nvidia.com>

Signed-off-by: Andrew Chew <achew@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Arto Merilainen <amerilainen@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Mikko Perttunen <mperttunen@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:47 +02:00
Mikko Perttunen
ad92601521 drm/tegra: Add Tegra DRM allocation API
Add a new IO virtual memory allocation API to allow clients to
allocate non-GEM memory in the Tegra DRM IOMMU domain. This is
required e.g. for loading client firmware when clients are attached
to the IOMMU domain.

The allocator allocates contiguous physical pages that are then
mapped contiguously to the IOMMU domain using the iova_domain
library provided by the kernel. Contiguous physical pages are
used so that the same allocator works also when IOMMU support
is disabled and therefore devices access physical memory directly.

Signed-off-by: Mikko Perttunen <mperttunen@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:46 +02:00
Alexandre Courbot
5e91144dd7 drm/tegra: Add tiling FB modifiers
Add FB modifiers to allow user-space to specify that a surface is in one
of the two tiling formats supported by Tegra chips, and add support in
the tegradrm driver to handle them properly. This is necessary for the
display controller to directly display buffers generated by the GPU.

This feature is intended to replace the dedicated IOCTL enabled
by TEGRA_STAGING and to provide a non-staging alternative to that
solution.

Signed-off-by: Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@nvidia.com>
Acked-by: Daniel Vetter <daniel@ffwll.ch>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:46 +02:00
Thierry Reding
bdd2f9cd10 drm/tegra: Don't leak kernel pointer to userspace
Each open file descriptor can have any number of contexts associated
with it. To differentiate between these contexts a unique ID is required
and back when these userspace interfaces were introduced, in commit
d43f81cbaf ("drm/tegra: Add gr2d device"), the pointer to the context
structure was deemed adequate. However, this leaks information about
kernel internal memory to userspace, which can potentially be exploited.

Switch the context parameter to be allocated from an IDR, which has the
added benefit of providing an easy way to look up a context from its ID.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:45 +02:00
Thierry Reding
347ad49d35 drm/tegra: Protect IOMMU operations by mutex
IOMMU support is currently not thread-safe, which can cause crashes,
amongst other things, under certain workloads.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:44 +02:00
Thierry Reding
398cbaadec drm/tegra: Enable IOVA API when IOMMU support is enabled
When support for an IOMMU has been enabled, make sure the IOVA helper
code is also activated and the driver can properly manage the IO virtual
address space.

Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:43 +02:00
Mikko Perttunen
404bfb78da gpu: host1x: Add IOMMU support
Add support for the Host1x unit to be located behind
an IOMMU. This is required when gather buffers may be
allocated non-contiguously in physical memory, as can
be the case when TegraDRM is also using the IOMMU.

Signed-off-by: Mikko Perttunen <mperttunen@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <treding@nvidia.com>
2017-04-05 18:11:43 +02:00
Linus Torvalds
aeb4a57681 - Bug fixes
- Increase buffer size to allow for SPI messages; cros_ec
 -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
 iQIcBAABCAAGBQJY5OgnAAoJEFGvii+H/HdhhY0P/jojAc65zjRXhXWH+4EcCTsO
 fRoH3PsXsFylag89ytRLbeRnFumk/P51iVVig6groLh7qFcu/3zZmk3jtjojOCka
 yAbfqTTJiV9fkBEKs+hmQQJ+4nTXkPmDuwDePsE6xmrqMq1H6bSK3U5u7Bb8yj4X
 tAZtCIvGQvsJnwhnmjsjTf19UmxtYVjah2oBgDQKNsU8FXiaXmbS9yhSZZd3iv2M
 HowNeBhzNJKGkRYnCgzNlrs9dO4U/fGqRJ7Rh5vuXVNEBmEfMZbgV0svFuQYe1LM
 Ix//WvbPX7XYqYOWl7TwB7xoRb2rpai5NFtmkT6uhTYSV1RT6fNRxXi/sd24ewiq
 s2clJCsPxhds/XZ1u3C+fkMzPnoCdtWojQg6GOxaXk+qrp7XQ9Fg9eG/wqzf/9wl
 lHnsMUksgjUOWHw/WU1nDU4rVgO9j6iMk3L8UTMtAJPtO1r8S8lVDaIFRQMfcIqF
 wmdraxlOuSLm5yne3D1t1BbJMozFQi0CvpVVe1aLtPDuo/EW3SdKr5rtrOAINnEV
 AIQZLhHrpvCpKfAuLu4zr4++dziSoie+oP9H5CHFQ+upabol1u1KWTjH5NlazEvn
 gVjLCTsJXIeOaeVFstgSIWmkHVlwDtEWjAfK+efqUa/6Ivwe4Wxmb6FJR5KJ78tp
 6kzHQvZbss9EwZ+6iU8v
 =p+uD
 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Merge tag 'mfd-fixes-4.11' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd

Pull MFD bug fix from Lee Jones:
 "Increase buffer size om cros-ec to allow for SPI messages"

* tag 'mfd-fixes-4.11' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd:
  mfd: cros-ec: Fix host command buffer size
2017-04-05 09:04:26 -07:00
Damien Riegel
792ad66839 Input: pm8xxx-vib - add support for pm8916's vibrator
Add pm8xxx_regs for this PMIC and the device tree match table entry.

Signed-off-by: Damien Riegel <damien.riegel@savoirfairelinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
2017-04-05 08:52:39 -07:00
Damien Riegel
d4c7c5c96c Input: pm8xxx-vib - handle separate enable register
Some PMIC vibrator IPs use a separate enable register to turn the
vibrator on and off. To detect if a vibrator uses this feature, rely on
the enable_mask being non-zero.

Signed-off-by: Damien Riegel <damien.riegel@savoirfairelinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
2017-04-05 08:52:38 -07:00
Damien Riegel
2de3b7048d Input: pm8xxx-vib - parametrize the driver
In order to prepare this driver to support other vibrators of the same
kind, move some hardcoded values to a structure holding register
parameters (address, mask, shit of the control register).

Signed-off-by: Damien Riegel <damien.riegel@savoirfairelinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
2017-04-05 08:52:37 -07:00
Damien Riegel
f6bcc91ba6 Input: pm8xxx-vib - reorder header alphabetically
Signed-off-by: Damien Riegel <damien.riegel@savoirfairelinux.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
2017-04-05 08:52:37 -07:00
Martin Kepplinger
dd04dc6dbd Input: sur40 - fix bad endianness handling in sur40_poll
sparse says:

  sur40.c:372:40: warning: restricted __le32 degrades to integer

the header's data is __le32 so we need to convert it before comparing.

Signed-off-by: Martin Kepplinger <martink@posteo.de>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
2017-04-05 08:52:36 -07:00
Dmitry Torokhov
d99caa472c Input: eeti_ts - switch to gpiod API
gpiod API allows standard way of specifying GPIO polarity and takes it into
account when reading or setting GPIO state. It also allows us to switch to
common way of obtaining GPIO descriptor and away form legacy platform data.

Reviewed-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@zonque.org>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
2017-04-05 08:52:33 -07:00
Dmitry Torokhov
d422be5f62 Input: eeti_ts - expect platform code to set interrupt trigger
Instead of keying interrupt trigger off GPIO polarity, let's rely on
platform code to set it up properly for us.

Reviewed-by: Daniel Mack <daniel@zonque.org>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
2017-04-05 08:52:13 -07:00
Christoph Hellwig
8e14be53f4 remove the obsolete hd driver
This driver is for pre-IDE hardisk that are only found in PC from the
stoneage of personal computing, and which we don't support elsewhere
in the kernel these days.

It's also been marked broken forever.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Reviewed-by: Martin K. Petersen <martin.petersen@oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@fb.com>
2017-04-05 09:50:34 -06:00
Andrew Price
d4d7fc12b6 gfs2: Re-enable fallocate for the rindex
Commit 86066914ed "gfs2: Don't support
fallocate on jdata files" removed the ability of gfs2_grow to reserve
space at the end of the rindex, which could prevent a second gfs2_grow
from succeeding if the fs is full. Allow fallocate to work on the rindex
once again.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Price <anprice@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Bob Peterson <rpeterso@redhat.com>
2017-04-05 11:45:26 -04:00
James Hogan
840db3f938 metag/usercopy: Switch to RAW_COPY_USER
Switch to using raw user copy instead of providing metag specific
[__]copy_{to,from}_user[_inatomic](). This simplifies the metag
uaccess.h and allows us to take advantage of extra checking in the
generic versions.

Signed-off-by: James Hogan <james.hogan@imgtec.com>
Cc: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Cc: linux-metag@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
2017-04-05 11:43:57 -04:00
Al Viro
a98bba563d Merge branch 'fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jhogan/metag into uaccess.metag 2017-04-05 11:41:09 -04:00
Bart Van Assche
f2fbc9dd78 blk-mq: Remove blk_mq_queue_data.list
The block layer core sets blk_mq_queue_data.list but no block
drivers read that member. Hence remove it and also the code that
is used to set this member.

Signed-off-by: Bart Van Assche <bart.vanassche@sandisk.com>
Reviewed-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Reviewed-by: Sagi Grimberg <sagi@grimberg.me>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@fb.com>
2017-04-05 09:40:15 -06:00
Linus Torvalds
9f0bffa18c Kbuild fixes for v4.11
- Hand-off primary maintainership of Kbuild
 - Fix build warnings
 - Fix build error when GCOV is enabled with old compiler
 - Fix HAVE_ASM_GOTO check when GCC plugin is enabled
 -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
 Version: GnuPG v1
 
 iQIcBAABAgAGBQJY5DVaAAoJED2LAQed4NsGOvYP/2aBSxp8k4s8XphPYXlF2ITE
 MlHWq9nJqlUBqv6Q6fTd8SiVU5LP9kSV54V8jCwBjjPV4ZxWTD0R2XDjdmW/Zzqu
 Fpjs61TScLUmpPDCwK9Q8k/FVHnjkM5H0U/9tsVWSoCUknJ3WqFNf0KcB7HIlWaH
 w5+Twt87e7dlaCbwCseWYsA3i8mkXXrdRFU+qlXHcgmfVnYEYdqjtWOKfESWGet0
 1Nwi0lQXEYb4W+vLczJ6K53BHW5dtL9+jiTZb5aGu3oTSFPFasOjGwdGDH1oVqif
 28ueGnPFzxl2FXzY0GT66/gRBQdtMnt2/vUVG2PUbCqa3MRZkRvFN8IntkmZz1iY
 2cTZ70PjKRyCr9DUw5UQnQweNB9reZlCsEC41xG21c5CLWL0/50iPX17rVAIP2D1
 GMVNWq4AEF4M98ovbyw8FEhz57ZQeVZ+dS0mmnPnL8R/a+SAiQ38ZBS18IqMPbDi
 5qsBvsqL8g5wb6d9cexzZJaFmkN4zBLek1O6EMKVH4FUOYKqR6Z470l7I4+/4UGD
 G9fkIAPGIBJoQ7gJZXQACdrtrhleFMX4JcnPycUsTiCkF86rBqWNjlp9nRPlxUw4
 HdrjwnsHL28G1rprT0Divmtjw074dxEem5PQzSD191IP+PINnXPzCVKhGKUN3uYh
 ykSDv++jHBQNGn+ivUBW
 =ZHIG
 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Merge tag 'kbuild-fixes-v4.11' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild

Pull Kbuild fixes from Masahiro Yamada:

 - hand-off primary maintainership of Kbuild

 - fix build warnings

 - fix build error when GCOV is enabled with old compiler

 - fix HAVE_ASM_GOTO check when GCC plugin is enabled

* tag 'kbuild-fixes-v4.11' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild:
  gconfig: remove misleading parentheses around a condition
  jump label: fix passing kbuild_cflags when checking for asm goto support
  Kbuild: use cc-disable-warning consistently for maybe-uninitialized
  kbuild: external module build warnings when KBUILD_OUTPUT set and W=1
  MAINTAINERS: add Masahiro Yamada as a Kbuild maintainer
2017-04-05 08:37:28 -07:00
LABBE Corentin
af0e54619d selftests: add a generic testsuite for ethernet device
This patch add a generic testsuite for testing ethernet network device driver.

Signed-off-by: Corentin Labbe <clabbe.montjoie@gmail.com>
Tested-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2017-04-05 08:30:11 -07:00
Ralph Sennhauser
34240c26d1 ARM: dts: armada-385-linksys: disk-activity trigger for all
Commit a4ee7e18d8 ("ARM: dts: armada: Add default trigger for sata
led") adds the default trigger to individual boards, move it to
armada-385-linksys.dtsi which effectively enables the definition for
the WRT1900ACS (Shelby) as well as for future boards.

Signed-off-by: Ralph Sennhauser <ralph.sennhauser@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: Gregory CLEMENT <gregory.clement@free-electrons.com>
2017-04-05 17:25:17 +02:00
Vikas Shivappa
de016df88f x86/intel_rdt: Update schemata read to show data in tabular format
The schemata file displays data from different resources on all
domains. Its cumbersome to read since they are not tabular and data/names
could be of different widths.  Make the schemata file to display data in a
tabular format thereby making it nice and simple to read.

Signed-off-by: Vikas Shivappa <vikas.shivappa@linux.intel.com>
Cc: ravi.v.shankar@intel.com
Cc: tony.luck@intel.com
Cc: fenghua.yu@intel.com
Cc: peterz@infradead.org
Cc: vikas.shivappa@intel.com
Cc: h.peter.anvin@intel.com
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1491255857-17213-4-git-send-email-vikas.shivappa@linux.intel.com
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
2017-04-05 17:22:31 +02:00
Tony Luck
c4026b7b95 x86/intel_rdt: Implement "update" mode when writing schemata file
The schemata file can have multiple lines and it is cumbersome to update
all lines.

Remove code that requires that the user provides values for every resource
(in the right order).  If the user provides values for just a few
resources, update them and leave the rest unchanged.

Side benefit: we now check which values were updated and only send IPIs to
cpus that actually have updates.

Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Vikas Shivappa <vikas.shivappa@linux.intel.com>
Tested-by: Sai Praneeth Prakhya <sai.praneeth.prakhya@intel.com>
Cc: ravi.v.shankar@intel.com
Cc: fenghua.yu@intel.com
Cc: peterz@infradead.org
Cc: vikas.shivappa@intel.com
Cc: h.peter.anvin@intel.com
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1491255857-17213-3-git-send-email-vikas.shivappa@linux.intel.com
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
2017-04-05 17:22:31 +02:00
Mayuresh Kulkarni
51a2c944ea ASoC: wm_adsp: add support for DSP region lock
Newer ADSP2V2 codecs include a memory protection unit that can
be set to trap illegal accesses. When enabling an ADSPV2 core we
must configure the memory region traps so that the firmware can
access its own memory.

Signed-off-by: Mayuresh Kulkarni <mkulkarni@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Nikesh Oswal <Nikesh.Oswal@wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Richard Fitzgerald <rf@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 16:14:15 +01:00
Richard Fitzgerald
e1ea1879f2 ASoC: wm_adsp: Add support for ADSP2V2
Adds support for ADSP2V2 cores. Primary differences are that
they use a 32-bit register map compared to the 16-bit register
map of ADSP2V1, and there are some changes to clocking control.

Signed-off-by: Richard Fitzgerald <rf@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2017-04-05 16:14:15 +01:00
David S. Miller
2e507e24c9 Merge branch 'rtnetlink-event-type'
Vladislav Yasevich says:

====================
rtnetlink: Updates to rtnetlink_event()

This series came out of the conversation that started as a result
my first attempt to add netdevice event info to netlink messages.

This series converts event processing to a 'white list', where
we explicitely permit events to generate netlink messages.  This
is meant to make people take a closer look and determine wheter
these events should really trigger netlink messages.

I am also adding a V2 of my patch to add event type to the netlink
message.  This version supports all events that we currently generate.

I will also update my patch to iproute that will show this data
through 'ip monitor'.

I actually need the ability to trap NETDEV_NOTIFY_PEERS event
(as well as possible NETDEV_RESEND_IGMP) to support hanlding of
macvtap on top of bonding.  I hope others will also find this info usefull.

V2: Added missed events (from David Ahern)
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2017-04-05 08:14:14 -07:00
Vlad Yasevich
def12888c1 rtnl: Add support for netdev event to link messages
When netdev events happen, a rtnetlink_event() handler will send
messages for every event in it's white list.  These messages contain
current information about a particular device, but they do not include
the iformation about which event just happened.  The consumer of
the message has to try to infer this information.  In some cases
(ex: NETDEV_NOTIFY_PEERS), that is not possible.

This patch adds a new extension to RTM_NEWLINK message called IFLA_EVENT
that would have an encoding of the which event triggered this
message.  This would allow the the message consumer to easily determine
if it is interested in a particular event or not.

Signed-off-by: Vladislav Yasevich <vyasevic@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2017-04-05 08:14:14 -07:00
Vlad Yasevich
5138e86f17 rtnetlink: Convert rtnetlink_event to white list
The rtnetlink_event currently functions as a blacklist where
we block cerntain netdev events from being sent to user space.
As a result, events have been added to the system that userspace
probably doesn't care about.

This patch converts the implementation to the white list so that
newly events would have to be specifically added to the list to
be sent to userspace.  This would force new event implementers to
consider whether a given event is usefull to user space or if it's
just a kernel event.

Signed-off-by: Vladislav Yasevich <vyasevic@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2017-04-05 08:14:14 -07:00