Commit graph

982,081 commits

Author SHA1 Message Date
Alexandre Courbot
cbd2dca749 remoteproc: scp: add COMPILE_TEST dependency
This will improve this driver's build coverage.

Reported-by: Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel@collabora.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@chromium.org>
Acked-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+huawei@kernel.org>
2020-09-26 09:40:05 +02:00
Florian Fainelli
e30d694c33 Documentation/llvm: Fix clang target examples
clang --target=<triple> is how we can specify a particular toolchain
triple to be use, fix the two occurences in the documentation.

Fixes: fcf1b6a35c ("Documentation/llvm: add documentation on building w/ Clang/LLVM")
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Nick Desaulniers <ndesaulniers@google.com>
Reviewed-by: Nathan Chancellor <natechancellor@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@kernel.org>
2020-09-26 13:54:08 +09:00
Pi-Hsun Shih
fd0b6c1ff8 remoteproc/mediatek: Add support for mt8192 SCP
Add support for mt8192 SCP.

Signed-off-by: Pi-Hsun Shih <pihsun@chromium.org>
Reviewed-by: Tzung-Bi Shih <tzungbi@google.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20200921094847.2112399-1-pihsun@chromium.org
Signed-off-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
2020-09-25 23:37:42 -05:00
Sibi Sankar
1894622636 remoteproc: Fixup coredump debugfs disable request
Fix the discrepancy observed between accepted input and read back value
while disabling remoteproc coredump through the coredump debugfs entry.

Fixes: 3afdc59e43 ("remoteproc: Add coredump debugfs entry")
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Sibi Sankar <sibis@codeaurora.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20200916145100.15872-1-sibis@codeaurora.org
Signed-off-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
2020-09-25 23:33:23 -05:00
Sibi Sankar
4360f93ac3 remoteproc: qcom_q6v5: Assign mpss region to Q6 before MBA boot
On secure devices which support warm reset, the MBA firmware requires
access to the modem region to clear them out. Hence provide Q6 access
to this region before MBA boot. This will be a nop during a modem SSR.

Reviewed-by: Stephen Boyd <swboyd@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Sibi Sankar <sibis@codeaurora.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20200917175840.18708-1-sibis@codeaurora.org
Signed-off-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
2020-09-25 23:33:23 -05:00
Colin Ian King
434ac4d514 remoteproc/mediatek: fix null pointer dereference on null scp pointer
Currently when pointer scp is null a dev_err is being called that
references the pointer which is the very thing we are trying to
avoid doing. Remove the extraneous error message to avoid this
issue.

Addresses-Coverity: ("Dereference after null check")
Fixes: 63c13d61ea ("remoteproc/mediatek: add SCP support for mt8183")
Signed-off-by: Colin Ian King <colin.king@canonical.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20200918152428.27258-1-colin.king@canonical.com
Signed-off-by: Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org>
2020-09-25 23:33:23 -05:00
Abhinav Kumar
d1ea914925 drm/msm/dp: fix incorrect function prototype of dp_debug_get()
Fix the incorrect function prototype for dp_debug_get()
in the dp_debug module to address compilation warning.
Also add prototype for msm_dp_debugfs_init() for fixing compilation
issue with other defconfigs.

changes in v2:
	- add prototype for msm_dp_debugfs_init()

Fixes: f913454aae ("drm/msm/dp: move debugfs node to /sys/kernel/debug/dri/*/")
Reported-by: kernel test robot <lkp@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Abhinav Kumar <abhinavk@codeaurora.org>
Signed-off-by: Rob Clark <robdclark@chromium.org>
2020-09-25 20:31:06 -07:00
Dmitry Torokhov
505f394fa2 HID: hid-input: fix stylus battery reporting
With commit 4f38821772 hid-input started clearing of "ignored" usages
to avoid using garbage that might have been left in them. However
"battery strength" usages should not be ignored, as we do want to
use them.

Fixes: 4f38821772 ("HID: hid-input: clear unmapped usages")
Reported-by: Kenneth Albanowski <kenalba@google.com>
Tested-by: Kenneth Albanowski <kenalba@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Jiri Kosina <jkosina@suse.cz>
2020-09-26 02:54:22 +02:00
David S. Miller
cb9e4a7341 Merge branch 'devlink-flash-update-overwrite-mask'
Jacob Keller says:

====================
devlink flash update overwrite mask

This series introduces support for a new attribute to the flash update
command: DEVLINK_ATTR_FLASH_UPDATE_OVERWRITE_MASK.

This attribute is a bitfield which allows userspace to specify what set of
subfields to overwrite when performing a flash update for a device.

The intention is to support the ability to control the behavior of
overwriting the configuration and identifying fields in the Intel ice device
flash update process. This is necessary  as the firmware layout for the ice
device includes some settings and configuration within the same flash
section as the main firmware binary.

This series, and the accompanying iproute2 series, introduce support for the
attribute. Once applied, the overwrite support can be be invoked via
devlink:

  # overwrite settings
  devlink dev flash pci/0000:af:00.0 file firmware.bin overwrite settings

  # overwrite identifiers and settings
  devlink dev flash pci/0000:af:00.0 file firmware.bin overwrite settings overwrite identifiers

To aid in the safe addition of new parameters, first some refactoring is
done to the .flash_update function: its parameters are converted from a
series of function arguments into a structure. This makes it easier to add
the new parameter without changing the signature of the .flash_update
handler in the future. Additionally, a "supported_flash_update_params" field
is added to devlink_ops. This field is similar to the ethtool
"supported_coalesc_params" field. The devlink core will now check that the
DEVLINK_SUPPORT_FLASH_UPDATE_COMPONENT bit is set before forwarding the
component attribute. Similarly, the new overwrite attribute will also
require a supported bit.

Doing these refactors will aid in adding any other attributes in the future,
and creates a good pattern for other interfaces to use in the future. By
requiring drivers to opt-in, we reduce the risk of accidentally breaking
drivers when ever we add an additional parameter. We also reduce boiler
plate code in drivers which do not support the parameters.

Changes since v9:
* rebased to current net-next, no other changes

Changes since v7
* resend, hopefully avoiding the SMTP server issues I experienced on Friday

Changes since v6
* Rebased to current net-next to resolve conflicts
* Added changes to the ionic driver that recently merged flash update support
* Fixed the changes for mlxsw to apply to core instead of spectrum.c after
  the recent refactor.
* Picked up the review tags from Jakub

Changes since v5
* Fix *all* of the BIT usage to use _BITUL() (thanks Jakub!)

Changes since v4
* Renamed nla_overwrite to nla_overwrite_mask at Jiri's suggestion
* Added "by this device" to the netlink error messages for unsupported
  attributes
* Removed use of BIT() in the uapi header
* Fixed the commit message for the netdevsim patch
* Picked up Jakub's reviewed
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:20:57 -07:00
Jacob Keller
50db1bca55 ice: add support for flash update overwrite mask
Support the recently added DEVLINK_ATTR_FLASH_UPDATE_OVERWRITE_MASK
parameter in the ice flash update handler. Convert the overwrite mask
bitfield into the appropriate preservation level used by the firmware
when updating.

Because there is no equivalent preservation level for overwriting only
identifiers, this combination is rejected by the driver as not supported
with an appropriate extended ACK message.

Signed-off-by: Jacob Keller <jacob.e.keller@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:20:57 -07:00
Jacob Keller
cbb58368fb netdevsim: add support for flash_update overwrite mask
The devlink interface recently gained support for a new "overwrite mask"
parameter that allows specifying how various sub-sections of a flash
component are modified when updating.

Add support for this to netdevsim, to enable easily testing the
interface. Make the allowed overwrite mask values controllable via
a debugfs parameter. This enables testing a flow where the driver
rejects an unsupportable overwrite mask.

Signed-off-by: Jacob Keller <jacob.e.keller@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:20:57 -07:00
Jacob Keller
5d5b4128c4 devlink: introduce flash update overwrite mask
Sections of device flash may contain settings or device identifying
information. When performing a flash update, it is generally expected
that these settings and identifiers are not overwritten.

However, it may sometimes be useful to allow overwriting these fields
when performing a flash update. Some examples include, 1) customizing
the initial device config on first programming, such as overwriting
default device identifying information, or 2) reverting a device
configuration to known good state provided in the new firmware image, or
3) in case it is suspected that current firmware logic for managing the
preservation of fields during an update is broken.

Although some devices are able to completely separate these types of
settings and fields into separate components, this is not true for all
hardware.

To support controlling this behavior, a new
DEVLINK_ATTR_FLASH_UPDATE_OVERWRITE_MASK is defined. This is an
nla_bitfield32 which will define what subset of fields in a component
should be overwritten during an update.

If no bits are specified, or of the overwrite mask is not provided, then
an update should not overwrite anything, and should maintain the
settings and identifiers as they are in the previous image.

If the overwrite mask has the DEVLINK_FLASH_OVERWRITE_SETTINGS bit set,
then the device should be configured to overwrite any of the settings in
the requested component with settings found in the provided image.

Similarly, if the DEVLINK_FLASH_OVERWRITE_IDENTIFIERS bit is set, the
device should be configured to overwrite any device identifiers in the
requested component with the identifiers from the image.

Multiple overwrite modes may be combined to indicate that a combination
of the set of fields that should be overwritten.

Drivers which support the new overwrite mask must set the
DEVLINK_SUPPORT_FLASH_UPDATE_OVERWRITE_MASK in the
supported_flash_update_params field of their devlink_ops.

Signed-off-by: Jacob Keller <jacob.e.keller@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:20:57 -07:00
Jacob Keller
bc75c054f0 devlink: convert flash_update to use params structure
The devlink core recently gained support for checking whether the driver
supports a flash_update parameter, via `supported_flash_update_params`.
However, parameters are specified as function arguments. Adding a new
parameter still requires modifying the signature of the .flash_update
callback in all drivers.

Convert the .flash_update function to take a new `struct
devlink_flash_update_params` instead. By using this structure, and the
`supported_flash_update_params` bit field, a new parameter to
flash_update can be added without requiring modification to existing
drivers.

As before, all parameters except file_name will require driver opt-in.
Because file_name is a necessary field to for the flash_update to make
sense, no "SUPPORTED" bitflag is provided and it is always considered
valid. All future additional parameters will require a new bit in the
supported_flash_update_params bitfield.

Signed-off-by: Jacob Keller <jacob.e.keller@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
Cc: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Cc: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Cc: Michael Chan <michael.chan@broadcom.com>
Cc: Bin Luo <luobin9@huawei.com>
Cc: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
Cc: Leon Romanovsky <leon@kernel.org>
Cc: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Cc: Danielle Ratson <danieller@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:20:57 -07:00
Jacob Keller
22ec3d232f devlink: check flash_update parameter support in net core
When implementing .flash_update, drivers which do not support
per-component update are manually checking the component parameter to
verify that it is NULL. Without this check, the driver might accept an
update request with a component specified even though it will not honor
such a request.

Instead of having each driver check this, move the logic into
net/core/devlink.c, and use a new `supported_flash_update_params` field
in the devlink_ops. Drivers which will support per-component update must
now specify this by setting DEVLINK_SUPPORT_FLASH_UPDATE_COMPONENT in
the supported_flash_update_params in their devlink_ops.

This helps ensure that drivers do not forget to check for a NULL
component if they do not support per-component update. This also enables
a slightly better error message by enabling the core stack to set the
netlink bad attribute message to indicate precisely the unsupported
attribute in the message.

Going forward, any new additional parameter to flash update will require
a bit in the supported_flash_update_params bitfield.

Signed-off-by: Jacob Keller <jacob.e.keller@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@kernel.org>
Cc: Jiri Pirko <jiri@mellanox.com>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
Cc: Michael Chan <michael.chan@broadcom.com>
Cc: Bin Luo <luobin9@huawei.com>
Cc: Saeed Mahameed <saeedm@mellanox.com>
Cc: Leon Romanovsky <leon@kernel.org>
Cc: Ido Schimmel <idosch@mellanox.com>
Cc: Danielle Ratson <danieller@mellanox.com>
Cc: Shannon Nelson <snelson@pensando.io>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:20:57 -07:00
Igor Russkikh
059432495e net: atlantic: fix build when object tree is separate
Driver subfolder files refer parent folder includes in an
absolute manner.

Makefile contains a -I for this, but apparently that does not
work if object tree is separated.

Adding srctree to fix that.

Signed-off-by: Igor Russkikh <irusskikh@marvell.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:19:14 -07:00
David S. Miller
6fba737a93 Merge branch 'simplify-TCP-loss-marking-code'
Yuchung Cheng says:

====================
simplify TCP loss marking code

The TCP loss marking is implemented by a set of intertwined
subroutines. TCP has several loss detection algorithms
(RACK, RFC6675/FACK, NewReno, etc) each calls a subset of
these routines to mark a packet lost. This has led to
various bugs (and fixes and fixes of fixes).

This patch set is to consolidate the loss marking code so
all detection algorithms call the same routine tcp_mark_skb_lost().
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:17:14 -07:00
Yuchung Cheng
534a2109fb tcp: consolidate tcp_mark_skb_lost and tcp_skb_mark_lost
tcp_skb_mark_lost is used by RFC6675-SACK and can easily be replaced
with the new tcp_mark_skb_lost handler.

Signed-off-by: Yuchung Cheng <ycheng@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Neal Cardwell <ncardwell@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:17:14 -07:00
Yuchung Cheng
686989700c tcp: simplify tcp_mark_skb_lost
This patch consolidates and simplifes the loss marking logic used
by a few loss detections (RACK, RFC6675, NewReno). Previously
each detection uses a subset of several intertwined subroutines.
This unncessary complexity has led to bugs (and fixes of bug fixes).

tcp_mark_skb_lost now is the single one routine to mark a packet loss
when a loss detection caller deems an skb ist lost:

   1. rewind tp->retransmit_hint_skb if skb has lower sequence or
      all lost ones have been retransmitted.

   2. book-keeping: adjust flags and counts depending on if skb was
      retransmitted or not.

Signed-off-by: Yuchung Cheng <ycheng@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Neal Cardwell <ncardwell@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:17:14 -07:00
Yuchung Cheng
fd2146741c tcp: move tcp_mark_skb_lost
A pure refactor to move tcp_mark_skb_lost to tcp_input.c to prepare
for the later loss marking consolidation.

Signed-off-by: Yuchung Cheng <ycheng@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Neal Cardwell <ncardwell@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:17:14 -07:00
Yuchung Cheng
179ac35f2f tcp: consistently check retransmit hint
tcp_simple_retransmit() used for path MTU discovery may not adjust
the retransmit hint properly by deducting retrans_out before checking
it to adjust the hint. This patch fixes this by a correct routine
tcp_mark_skb_lost() already used by the RACK loss detection.

Signed-off-by: Yuchung Cheng <ycheng@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Neal Cardwell <ncardwell@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:17:14 -07:00
Gustavo A. R. Silva
b4f434839e dpaa2-mac: Fix potential null pointer dereference
There is a null-check for _pcs_, but it is being dereferenced
prior to this null-check. So, if _pcs_ can actually be null,
then there is a potential null pointer dereference that should
be fixed by null-checking _pcs_ before being dereferenced.

Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1497159 ("Dereference before null check")
Fixes: 94ae899b20 ("dpaa2-mac: add PCS support through the Lynx module")
Signed-off-by: Gustavo A. R. Silva <gustavoars@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:15:37 -07:00
Linus Torvalds
7c7ec3226f Five small fixes. The nested migration bug will be fixed
with a better API in 5.10 or 5.11, for now this is a fix
 that works with existing userspace but keeps the current
 ugly API.
 -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
 iQFIBAABCAAyFiEE8TM4V0tmI4mGbHaCv/vSX3jHroMFAl9ufLMUHHBib256aW5p
 QHJlZGhhdC5jb20ACgkQv/vSX3jHroMe9AgAgU3YQ2SktkqEOXjHMLqCH5Y3PKFI
 S2anYpoKlH36Q6kzoqtkCj0GVagvdh5+Envz3I/tMdhv3Y/JgZaX1wHAe4cUl9BT
 VyoiDBTWkhYRmpUbLYA8AtmgxQw1Hp8srH86rnvVGmLG6zdAa/rgUAKiQgT688Ej
 CQvF5H7Zi3viPo2rInNSkgTIgewduqSWkwJ6+h4AQMmNJpbRaeZs45yMYyyu/FIi
 hUazy7Rwk2vkWcuTd/sqH9b9y3VCYpN9juRaehEiK8qxXT3ydTU4Tub25BHmvXdr
 dx5pShG4P3nAGnfV1qKAemyQcY7sjfMieqN1F3QcsRcxqZgySUm11o2JRw==
 =sHsX
 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm

Pull more kvm fixes from Paolo Bonzini:
 "Five small fixes.

  The nested migration bug will be fixed with a better API in 5.10 or
  5.11, for now this is a fix that works with existing userspace but
  keeps the current ugly API"

* tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm:
  KVM: SVM: Add a dedicated INVD intercept routine
  KVM: x86: Reset MMU context if guest toggles CR4.SMAP or CR4.PKE
  KVM: x86: fix MSR_IA32_TSC read for nested migration
  selftests: kvm: Fix assert failure in single-step test
  KVM: x86: VMX: Make smaller physical guest address space support user-configurable
2020-09-25 17:15:19 -07:00
Florian Fainelli
5e46e43c2a MAINTAINERS: Add Vladimir as a maintainer for DSA
Signed-off-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Vladimir Oltean <olteanv@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Acked-by: Vivien Didelot <vivien.didelot@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:14:20 -07:00
David S. Miller
9b69e5ebe6 Merge branch 'dpaa2-eth-small-updates'
Ioana Ciornei says:

====================
dpaa2-eth: small updates

This patch set is just a collection of small updates to the dpaa2-eth
driver.

First, we only need to check the availability of the DTS child node, not
both child and parent node. Then remove a call to
dpaa2_eth_link_state_update() which is now just a leftover and it's not
useful in how are things working now in the PHY integration. Lastly,
modify how the driver is behaving when the the flow steering table is
used between all the traffic classes.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:10:27 -07:00
Ionut-robert Aron
5e29c16f3a dpaa2-eth: install a single steering rule when SHARED_FS is enabled
When SHARED_FS is enabled on a DPNI object the flow steering tables are
shared between all the traffic classes. Modify the driver so that we
only add a new flow steering entry on the TC#0 when this new option is
enabled.

Signed-off-by: Ionut-robert Aron <ionut-robert.aron@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: Ioana Ciornei <ioana.ciornei@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:10:27 -07:00
Ioana Ciornei
4c33a5bd06 dpaa2-eth: no need to check link state right after ndo_open
The call to dpaa2_eth_link_state_update() is a leftover from the time
when on DPAA2 platforms the PHYs were started at boot time so when an
ifconfig was issued on the associated interface, the link status needed
to be checked directly from the ndo_open() callback.
This is not needed anymore since we are now properly integrated with the
PHY layer thus a link interrupt will come directly from the PHY
eventually without the need to call the sync function.
Fix this up by removing the call to dpaa2_eth_link_state_update().

Signed-off-by: Ioana Ciornei <ioana.ciornei@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:10:27 -07:00
Ioana Ciornei
98179709c9 dpaa2-mac: do not check for both child and parent DTS nodes
There is no need to check if both the MDIO controller node and its
child node, the PCS device, are available since there is no chance that
the child node would be enabled when the parent it's not.

Suggested-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: Ioana Ciornei <ioana.ciornei@nxp.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:10:27 -07:00
Ioana Ciornei
72e27c38ab dpaa2-eth: fix command version for Tx shaping
When adding the support for TBF offload, the improper command version
was added even though the command format is for the V2 of
dpni_set_tx_shaping(). This does not affect the functionality of TBF
since the only change between these two versions is the addition of the
exceeded parameters which are not used in TBF. Still, fix the bug so
that we keep things in sync.

Fixes: 39344a8962 ("dpaa2-eth: add API for Tx shaping")
Signed-off-by: Ioana Ciornei <ioana.ciornei@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:08:48 -07:00
Wilken Gottwalt
e42d72fea9 net: usb: ax88179_178a: add Toshiba usb 3.0 adapter
Adds the driver_info and usb ids of the AX88179 based Toshiba USB 3.0
ethernet adapter.

Signed-off-by: Wilken Gottwalt <wilken.gottwalt@mailbox.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:07:25 -07:00
John Fastabend
ba5f4cfeac bpf: Add comment to document BTF type PTR_TO_BTF_ID_OR_NULL
The meaning of PTR_TO_BTF_ID_OR_NULL differs slightly from other types
denoted with the *_OR_NULL type. For example the types PTR_TO_SOCKET
and PTR_TO_SOCKET_OR_NULL can be used for branch analysis because the
type PTR_TO_SOCKET is guaranteed to _not_ have a null value.

In contrast PTR_TO_BTF_ID and BTF_TO_BTF_ID_OR_NULL have slightly
different meanings. A PTR_TO_BTF_TO_ID may be a pointer to NULL value,
but it is safe to read this pointer in the program context because
the program context will handle any faults. The fallout is for
PTR_TO_BTF_ID the verifier can assume reads are safe, but can not
use the type in branch analysis. Additionally, authors need to be
extra careful when passing PTR_TO_BTF_ID into helpers. In general
helpers consuming type PTR_TO_BTF_ID will need to assume it may
be null.

Seeing the above is not obvious to readers without the back knowledge
lets add a comment in the type definition.

Editorial comment, as networking and tracing programs get closer
and more tightly merged we may need to consider a new type that we
can ensure is non-null for branch analysis and also passing into
helpers.

Signed-off-by: John Fastabend <john.fastabend@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexei Starovoitov <ast@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Lorenz Bauer <lmb@cloudflare.com>
2020-09-25 17:05:14 -07:00
David S. Miller
dc171dcf8a Merge branch 'bonding-team-basic-dev-needed_headroom-support'
Eric Dumazet says:

====================
bonding/team: basic dev->needed_headroom support

Both bonding and team drivers support non-ethernet devices,
but missed proper dev->needed_headroom initializations.

syzbot found a crash caused by bonding, I mirrored the fix in team as well.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:04:56 -07:00
Eric Dumazet
89d01748b2 team: set dev->needed_headroom in team_setup_by_port()
Some devices set needed_headroom. If we ignore it, we might
end up crashing in various skb_push() for example in ipgre_header()
since some layers assume enough headroom has been reserved.

Fixes: 1d76efe157 ("team: add support for non-ethernet devices")
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:04:55 -07:00
Eric Dumazet
f32f193395 bonding: set dev->needed_headroom in bond_setup_by_slave()
syzbot managed to crash a host by creating a bond
with a GRE device.

For non Ethernet device, bonding calls bond_setup_by_slave()
instead of ether_setup(), and unfortunately dev->needed_headroom
was not copied from the new added member.

[  171.243095] skbuff: skb_under_panic: text:ffffffffa184b9ea len:116 put:20 head:ffff883f84012dc0 data:ffff883f84012dbc tail:0x70 end:0xd00 dev:bond0
[  171.243111] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[  171.243112] kernel BUG at net/core/skbuff.c:112!
[  171.243117] invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP KASAN PTI
[  171.243469] gsmi: Log Shutdown Reason 0x03
[  171.243505] Call Trace:
[  171.243506]  <IRQ>
[  171.243512]  [<ffffffffa171be59>] skb_push+0x49/0x50
[  171.243516]  [<ffffffffa184b9ea>] ipgre_header+0x2a/0xf0
[  171.243520]  [<ffffffffa17452d7>] neigh_connected_output+0xb7/0x100
[  171.243524]  [<ffffffffa186f1d3>] ip6_finish_output2+0x383/0x490
[  171.243528]  [<ffffffffa186ede2>] __ip6_finish_output+0xa2/0x110
[  171.243531]  [<ffffffffa186acbc>] ip6_finish_output+0x2c/0xa0
[  171.243534]  [<ffffffffa186abe9>] ip6_output+0x69/0x110
[  171.243537]  [<ffffffffa186ac90>] ? ip6_output+0x110/0x110
[  171.243541]  [<ffffffffa189d952>] mld_sendpack+0x1b2/0x2d0
[  171.243544]  [<ffffffffa189d290>] ? mld_send_report+0xf0/0xf0
[  171.243548]  [<ffffffffa189c797>] mld_ifc_timer_expire+0x2d7/0x3b0
[  171.243551]  [<ffffffffa189c4c0>] ? mld_gq_timer_expire+0x50/0x50
[  171.243556]  [<ffffffffa0fea270>] call_timer_fn+0x30/0x130
[  171.243559]  [<ffffffffa0fea17c>] expire_timers+0x4c/0x110
[  171.243563]  [<ffffffffa0fea0e3>] __run_timers+0x213/0x260
[  171.243566]  [<ffffffffa0fecb7d>] ? ktime_get+0x3d/0xa0
[  171.243570]  [<ffffffffa0ff9c4e>] ? clockevents_program_event+0x7e/0xe0
[  171.243574]  [<ffffffffa0f7e5d5>] ? sched_clock_cpu+0x15/0x190
[  171.243577]  [<ffffffffa0fe973d>] run_timer_softirq+0x1d/0x40
[  171.243581]  [<ffffffffa1c00152>] __do_softirq+0x152/0x2f0
[  171.243585]  [<ffffffffa0f44e1f>] irq_exit+0x9f/0xb0
[  171.243588]  [<ffffffffa1a02e1d>] smp_apic_timer_interrupt+0xfd/0x1a0
[  171.243591]  [<ffffffffa1a01ea6>] apic_timer_interrupt+0x86/0x90

Fixes: f5184d267c ("net: Allow netdevices to specify needed head/tailroom")
Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
Reported-by: syzbot <syzkaller@googlegroups.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 17:04:55 -07:00
David S. Miller
bd0b68a8ab Merge branch 'vxlan-clean-up'
Fabian Frederick says:

====================
vxlan: clean-up

This small patchet does some clean-up on vxlan.
Second version removes VXLAN_NL2FLAG macro relevant patches as suggested by Michal and David

I hope to have some feedback/ACK from vxlan developers.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:58:07 -07:00
Fabian Frederick
78ec710e7f vxlan: fix vxlan_find_sock() documentation for l3mdev
Since commit aab8cc3630
("vxlan: add support for underlay in non-default VRF")

vxlan_find_sock() also checks if socket is assigned to the right
level 3 master device when lower device is not in the default VRF.

Signed-off-by: Fabian Frederick <fabf@skynet.be>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:58:07 -07:00
Fabian Frederick
2eabcb8afe vxlan: check rtnl_configure_link return code correctly
rtnl_configure_link is always checked if < 0 for error code.

Signed-off-by: Fabian Frederick <fabf@skynet.be>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:58:07 -07:00
Fabian Frederick
546c044c96 vxlan: move encapsulation warning
vxlan_xmit_one() was only called from vxlan_xmit() without rdst and
info was already tested. Emit warning in that function instead

Signed-off-by: Fabian Frederick <fabf@skynet.be>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:58:07 -07:00
Fabian Frederick
0189399cbb vxlan: add unlikely to vxlan_remcsum check
small optimization around checking as it's being done in all
receptions

Signed-off-by: Fabian Frederick <fabf@skynet.be>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:58:07 -07:00
Fabian Frederick
2ae2904b5b vxlan: don't collect metadata if remote checksum is wrong
call vxlan_remcsum() before md filling in vxlan_rcv()

Signed-off-by: Fabian Frederick <fabf@skynet.be>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:58:07 -07:00
Ivan Khoronzhuk
4663ff6025 net: ethernet: cavium: octeon_mgmt: use phy_start and phy_stop
To start also "phy state machine", with UP state as it should be,
the phy_start() has to be used, in another case machine even is not
triggered. After this change negotiation is supposed to be triggered
by SM workqueue.

It's not correct usage, but it appears after the following patch,
so add it as a fix.

Fixes: 74a992b359 ("net: phy: add phy_check_link_status")
Signed-off-by: Ivan Khoronzhuk <ikhoronz@cisco.com>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:51:31 -07:00
Nikolay Aleksandrov
7470558240 net: bridge: mcast: remove only S,G port groups from sg_port hash
We should remove a group from the sg_port hash only if it's an S,G
entry. This makes it correct and more symmetric with group add. Also
since *,G groups are not added to that hash we can hide a bug.

Fixes: 085b53c8be ("net: bridge: mcast: add sg_port rhashtable")
Signed-off-by: Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay@nvidia.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:50:19 -07:00
Wong Vee Khee
ac322f86b5 net: stmmac: Fix clock handling on remove path
While unloading the dwmac-intel driver, clk_disable_unprepare() is
being called twice in stmmac_dvr_remove() and
intel_eth_pci_remove(). This causes kernel panic on the second call.

Removing the second call of clk_disable_unprepare() in
intel_eth_pci_remove().

Fixes: 09f012e64e ("stmmac: intel: Fix clock handling on error and remove paths")
Cc: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Voon Weifeng <weifeng.voon@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Wong Vee Khee <vee.khee.wong@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:49:15 -07:00
Chuah, Kim Tatt
e0f9956a38 net: stmmac: Add option for VLAN filter fail queue enable
Add option in plat_stmmacenet_data struct to enable VLAN Filter Fail
Queuing. This option allows packets that fail VLAN filter to be routed
to a specific Rx queue when Receive All is also set.

When this option is enabled:
- Enable VFFQ only when entering promiscuous mode, because Receive All
  will pass up all rx packets that failed address filtering (similar to
  promiscuous mode).
- VLAN-promiscuous mode is never entered to allow rx packet to fail VLAN
  filters and get routed to selected VFFQ Rx queue.

Reviewed-by: Voon Weifeng <weifeng.voon@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Ong Boon Leong <boon.leong.ong@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Chuah, Kim Tatt <kim.tatt.chuah@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Ong Boon Leong <boon.leong.ong@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:48:33 -07:00
John Fastabend
99d4def4d0 bpf: Add AND verifier test case where 32bit and 64bit bounds differ
If we AND two values together that are known in the 32bit subregs, but not
known in the 64bit registers we rely on the tnum value to report the 32bit
subreg is known. And do not use mark_reg_known() directly from
scalar32_min_max_and()

Add an AND test to cover the case with known 32bit subreg, but unknown
64bit reg.

Signed-off-by: John Fastabend <john.fastabend@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexei Starovoitov <ast@kernel.org>
2020-09-25 16:47:21 -07:00
John Fastabend
4fbb38a3b2 bpf, verifier: Remove redundant var_off.value ops in scalar known reg cases
In BPF_AND and BPF_OR alu cases we have this pattern when the src and dst
tnum is a constant.

 1 dst_reg->var_off = tnum_[op](dst_reg->var_off, src_reg.var_off)
 2 scalar32_min_max_[op]
 3       if (known) return
 4 scalar_min_max_[op]
 5       if (known)
 6          __mark_reg_known(dst_reg,
                   dst_reg->var_off.value [op] src_reg.var_off.value)

The result is in 1 we calculate the var_off value and store it in the
dst_reg. Then in 6 we duplicate this logic doing the op again on the
value.

The duplication comes from the the tnum_[op] handlers because they have
already done the value calcuation. For example this is tnum_and().

 struct tnum tnum_and(struct tnum a, struct tnum b)
 {
	u64 alpha, beta, v;

	alpha = a.value | a.mask;
	beta = b.value | b.mask;
	v = a.value & b.value;
	return TNUM(v, alpha & beta & ~v);
 }

So lets remove the redundant op calculation. Its confusing for readers
and unnecessary. Its also not harmful because those ops have the
property, r1 & r1 = r1 and r1 | r1 = r1.

Signed-off-by: John Fastabend <john.fastabend@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexei Starovoitov <ast@kernel.org>
2020-09-25 16:47:21 -07:00
Ronak Doshi
1dac3b1bc6 vmxnet3: fix cksum offload issues for non-udp tunnels
Commit dacce2be33 ("vmxnet3: add geneve and vxlan tunnel offload
support") added support for encapsulation offload. However, the inner
offload capability is to be restrictued to UDP tunnels.

This patch fixes the issue for non-udp tunnels by adding features
check capability and filtering appropriate features for non-udp tunnels.

Fixes: dacce2be33 ("vmxnet3: add geneve and vxlan tunnel offload support")
Signed-off-by: Ronak Doshi <doshir@vmware.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:41:40 -07:00
David S. Miller
17705434f3 Merge branch 'Devlink-regions-for-SJA1105-DSA-driver'
Vladimir Oltean says:

====================
Devlink regions for SJA1105 DSA driver

This series exposes the SJA1105 static config as a devlink region. This
can be used for debugging, for example with the sja1105_dump user space
program that I have derived from Andrew Lunn's mv88e6xxx_dump:

https://github.com/vladimiroltean/mv88e6xxx_dump/tree/sja1105

Changes in v2:
- Tear down devlink params on initialization failure.
- Add driver identification through devlink.
====================

Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:35:27 -07:00
Vladimir Oltean
ff4cf8eae0 net: dsa: sja1105: implement .devlink_info_get
Return the driver name and ASIC ID so that generic user space
application are able to know they're looking at sja1105 devlink regions
when pretty-printing them.

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Oltean <vladimir.oltean@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:35:27 -07:00
Vladimir Oltean
bf425b8205 net: dsa: sja1105: expose static config as devlink region
As explained in Documentation/networking/dsa/sja1105.rst, this switch
has a static config held in the driver's memory and re-uploaded from
time to time into the device (after any major change).

The format of this static config is in fact described in UM10944.pdf and
it contains all the switch's settings (it also contains device ID, table
CRCs, etc, just like in the manual). So it is a useful and universal
devlink region to expose to user space, for debugging purposes.

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Oltean <vladimir.oltean@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:35:27 -07:00
Vladimir Oltean
0a7bdbc23d net: dsa: sja1105: move devlink param code to sja1105_devlink.c
We'll have more devlink code soon. Group it together in a separate
translation object.

Signed-off-by: Vladimir Oltean <vladimir.oltean@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2020-09-25 16:35:27 -07:00