Commit graph

932,869 commits

Author SHA1 Message Date
Geoff Levand
774fee58c4 [PATCH] powerpc: Add missing vmlinux.bin target
With this patch 'make vmlinux.bin' works.  This is needed by
some embedded platforms.  Kumar already added the routines
to actually build the image in arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile.

Signed-off-by: Geoff Levand <geoffrey.levand@am.sony.com>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:59:53 +11:00
Jon Mason
2ef9481e66 [PATCH] powerpc: trivial: modify comments to refer to new location of files
This patch removes all self references and fixes references to files
in the now defunct arch/ppc64 tree.  I think this accomplises
everything wanted, though there might be a few references I missed.

Signed-off-by: Jon Mason <jdmason@us.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:53:51 +11:00
Steve French
04fdabe17c [CIFS] fix compile error (typo) and warning in cifssmb.c
Signed-off-by: Steve French <sfrench@us.ibm.com>
2006-02-10 05:52:50 +00:00
Vitaly Bordug
75288c78c6 [PATCH] ppc32: Make platform devices being able to assign functions
Implemented by  modification of the .name field of the platform device,
when PDs with the
same names are to be used within different drivers, as
<device_name> -> <device_name>:<function>
Corresponding drivers should change the .name in struct device_driver to
reflect upper of course.

Added ppc_sys_device_disable/enable function set, making it easier to
disable all the inexistent/not utilized platform device way pdevs. By the
check of the "disabled" bit in the config field of ppc_sys_specs, disabled
platform devices will be either added/removed from the bus, or simply not
registered on it, depending on the time when disable/enable call asserted.

The default behaviour when nothing is disabled/enabled will be "all devices
are enabled", which is the same as before.

Also helper platform_notify_map function added, making assignment of
board-specific platform_info more consistent and generic.

Signed-off-by: Vitaly Bordug <vbordug@ru.mvista.com>
Signed-off-by: Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@cyclades.com>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:52:46 +11:00
Michael Ellerman
1965746bce [PATCH] powerpc: Move pSeries firmware feature setup into platforms/pseries
Currently we have some stuff in firmware.h and kernel/firmware.c that is
#ifdef CONFIG_PPC_PSERIES. Move it all into platforms/pseries.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:52:03 +11:00
Michael Ellerman
0941d57aa7 [PATCH] powerpc: Clean up pSeries firmware feature initialisation
Clean up fw_feature_init in platforms/pseries/setup.c. Clean up white space
and replace the while loop with a for loop - which seems clearer to me.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <michael@ellerman.id.au>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:52:02 +11:00
Becky Bruce
a7cb03375d [PATCH] powerpc/ppc: Add missing isyncs in head_fsl_booke.S
The e500 core reference manual indicates that isync is required
after mtmsr(DE bit) and mtspr DBCR0.  Add isyncs to make the code
conform to the spec.

Signed-off-by: Becky Bruce <becky.bruce@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Kumar Gala <galak@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:52:00 +11:00
Becky Bruce
fbc94e7c3d [PATCH] powerpc: lindent 85xx platform code
Ran arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx through Lindent

Signed-off-by: Becky Bruce <becky.bruce@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:51:57 +11:00
Becky Bruce
e19217d42e [PATCH] powerpc: rename mpc85xx.c to misc.c
Rename mpc85xx.c to misc.c to match the pattern established by the
8349 port - consistency is a good thing.  Also run Lindent on the
file to clean it up.

Signed-off-by: Becky Bruce <becky.bruce@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Kumar Gala <galak@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:51:56 +11:00
Becky Bruce
46ed55f647 [PATCH] powerpc: mpc85xx_ads.c include file cleanup
Cut-and-paste from the old platform code in arch/ppc resulted in
arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/mpc85xx_ads.c having way too many
header files included.  Clean this up.

Signed-off-by: Becky Bruce <becky.bruce@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Kumar Gala <galak@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:51:53 +11:00
Becky Bruce
66f2d025e2 [PATCH] powerpc: Fix Kernel FP unavail exception for BookE
Updated FP unavailable exception to refer to the correct
function in traps.c. head_booke.h was using the old name, KernelFP,
instead of kernel_fp_unavailable_exception.

Signed-off-by: Becky Bruce <becky.bruce@freescale.com>
Acked-by: Kumar Gala <galak@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:51:50 +11:00
Paul Mackerras
d6d93856cb Merge ../powerpc-merge 2006-02-10 16:51:29 +11:00
Becky Bruce
ad71f123a9 [PATCH] powerpc: Add FSL USB node to documentation
Updated the documentation to include the definition of the USB device
node format for Freescale SOC devices.

Signed-off-by: Becky Bruce <becky.bruce@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Kumar Gala <galak@kernel.crashing.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:36:21 +11:00
JANAK DESAI
b37ce281d7 [PATCH] powerpc: unshare system call registration
Registers system call for the powerpc architecture.

Signed-off-by: Janak Desai <janak@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Al Viro <viro@ftp.linux.org.uk>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: Michael Kerrisk <mtk-manpages@gmx.net>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@muc.de>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:34:54 +11:00
Paul Mackerras
8568daa490 ppc: Use the system call table from arch/powerpc/kernel/systbl.S
With this, new system calls only have to be wired up in one place
for ARCH=ppc and ARCH=powerpc, rather than 2.

Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
2006-02-10 16:02:20 +11:00
Stephen Hemminger
bab1deea30 [BRIDGE]: fix error handling for add interface to bridge
Refactor how the bridge code interacts with kobject system.
It should still use kobjects even if not using sysfs.
Fix the error unwind handling in br_add_if.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-02-09 17:10:12 -08:00
Stephen Hemminger
5dce971acf [BRIDGE]: netfilter handle RCU during removal
Bridge netfilter code needs to handle the case where device is
removed from bridge while packet in process. In these cases the
bridge_parent can become null while processing.

This should fix: http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5803

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-02-09 17:09:38 -08:00
Stephen Hemminger
b3f1be4b54 [BRIDGE]: fix for RCU and deadlock on device removal
Change Bridge receive path to correctly handle RCU removal of device
from bridge.  Also fixes deadlock between carrier_check and del_nbp.
This replaces the previous deleted flag fix.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@osdl.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-02-09 17:08:52 -08:00
Linus Torvalds
5bc159e6cb Merge branch 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux-2.6 2006-02-09 17:08:09 -08:00
John Heffner
6fcf9412de [TCP]: rcvbuf lock when tcp_moderate_rcvbuf enabled
The rcvbuf lock should probably be honored here.

Signed-off-by: John Heffner <jheffner@psc.edu>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-02-09 17:06:57 -08:00
David Binderman
80ba250e59 [IRDA]: out of range array access
This patch fixes an out of range array access in irnet_irda.c.

Author: David Binderman <dcb314@hotmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Samuel Ortiz <samuel.ortiz@nokia.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-02-09 16:59:48 -08:00
Samuel Ortiz
d93077fb0e [IRDA]: Set proper IrLAP device address length
This patch set IrDA's addr_len properly, i.e to 4 bytes, the size of the
IrLAP device address.

Signed-off-by: Samuel Ortiz <samuel.ortiz@nokia.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-02-09 16:58:46 -08:00
Alexey Kuznetsov
28633514af [NETLINK]: illegal use of pid in rtnetlink
When a netlink message is not related to a netlink socket,
it is issued by kernel socket with pid 0. Netlink "pid" has nothing
to do with current->pid. I called it incorrectly, if it was named "port",
the confusion would be avoided.

Signed-off-by: Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-02-09 16:43:41 -08:00
Alexey Kuznetsov
a70ea994a0 [NETLINK]: Fix a severe bug
netlink overrun was broken while improvement of netlink.
Destination socket is used in the place where it was meant to be source socket,
so that now overrun is never sent to user netlink sockets, when it should be,
and it even can be set on kernel socket, which results in complete deadlock
of rtnetlink.

Suggested fix is to restore status quo passing source socket as additional
argument to netlink_attachskb().

A little explanation: overrun is set on a socket, when it failed
to receive some message and sender of this messages does not or even
have no way to handle this error. This happens in two cases:
1. when kernel sends something. Kernel never retransmits and cannot
   wait for buffer space.
2. when user sends a broadcast and the message was not delivered
   to some recipients.

Signed-off-by: Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-02-09 16:43:38 -08:00
Linus Torvalds
ad91e6fa0d Merge master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc-2.6 2006-02-09 16:19:06 -08:00
Linus Torvalds
b481b4ecf5 Merge branch 'upstream-fixes' of master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev 2006-02-09 16:18:19 -08:00
Oleg Nesterov
9ac95f2f90 [PATCH] do_sigaction: cleanup ->sa_mask manipulation
Clear unblockable signals beforehand.

Signed-off-by: Oleg Nesterov <oleg@tv-sign.ru>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
2006-02-09 16:17:36 -08:00
Oleg Nesterov
c70d3d703a [PATCH] sys_signal: initialize ->sa_mask
Pointed out by Linus Torvalds.

sys_signal() forgets to initialize ->sa_mask.

( I suspect arch/ia64/ia32/ia32_signal.c:sys32_signal()
  also needs this fix )

Signed-off-by: Oleg Nesterov <oleg@tv-sign.ru>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
2006-02-09 16:17:36 -08:00
Heiko Carstens
642fe301c3 [SPARC64]: Fix sys_newfstatat syscall table entry for 64-bit.
The sparc64 64 bit syscall table seems to be broken as it has
compat_sys_newfstatat in its syscall table instead of sys_newfstatat.

Signed-off-by: Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2006-02-09 15:09:15 -08:00
Tony Luck
65b78722ce Pull new-syscalls into release branch 2006-02-09 14:43:58 -08:00
Hidetoshi Seto
a947464617 [IA64] mca_drv: Add minstate validation
MCA driver can cause panic if kernel gets a state info with no minstate.
This patch adds minstate validation before handling it.

Signed-off-by: Hidetoshi Seto <seto.hidetoshi@jp.fujitsu.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
2006-02-09 14:42:55 -08:00
Tony Luck
1ff0be1534 [IA64] sys32_signal() forgets to initialize ->sa_mask
Pointed out by Oleg Nesterov <oleg@tv-sign.ru>, who in turn
got the hint from Linus.

Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
2006-02-09 14:41:41 -08:00
Prarit Bhargava
b6bb761897 [IA64-SGI] Small cleanup for misuse of list_for_each to list_for_each_safe.
Patch was suggested by Kenneth W. Chen here

Signed-off-by: Prarit Bhargava <prarit@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
2006-02-09 14:14:52 -08:00
Prarit Bhargava
8b34ff427d [IA64-SGI] Hotplug driver related fix in the SN ia64 code.
Remove an erroneous kfree, and unlink the pcidev_info struct from the
pcidev_info list prior to free'ing the pcidev_info struct.

Signed-off-by: Prarit Bhargava <prarit@sgi.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
2006-02-09 14:12:24 -08:00
Steve French
12b3b8ffb5 [CIFS] Cleanup NTLMSSP session setup handling
Fix to hash NTLMv2 properly will follow.

Signed-off-by: Steve French <sfrench@us.ibm.com>
2006-02-09 21:12:47 +00:00
Jeff Garzik
70c07e0262 Merge branch 'viro' 2006-02-09 14:17:05 -05:00
Jeff Garzik
2746b8623a Merge branch 'net.b0' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/bird 2006-02-09 14:15:02 -05:00
Lucas Correia Villa Real
b514d31927 [ARM] 3314/1: S3C2400 - adds s3c2400.h
Patch from Lucas Correia Villa Real

This patch adds s3c2400.h, fixing the build for the 2410/2440
platforms.

Signed-off-by: Lucas Correia Villa Real <lucasvr@gobolinux.org>
Signed-off-by: Ben Dooks <ben-linux@fluff.org>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
2006-02-09 16:47:58 +00:00
Linus Torvalds
15508d22d0 Revert "[PATCH] kconfig: detect if -lintl is needed when linking conf,mconf"
This reverts commit 5e375bc7d5.

Kyle McMartin steps on his soap-box:

  "Sigh.  Can everyone please stop assuming gcc can output to /dev/null?
   On several platforms, ld tries to lseek in the output file, and fails
   if it can't."

Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>
2006-02-09 08:00:14 -08:00
Herbert Poetzl
fa3241d24c JFS: ext2 inode attributes for jfs
ext2 inode attributes with relevance for jfs:

'a' 	EXT2_APPEND_FL       -> append only
'i' 	EXT2_IMMUTABLE_FL    -> immutable file
's' 	EXT2_SECRM_FL	     -> zero file
'u' 	EXT2_UNRM_FL	     -> allow for unrm
'A' 	EXT2_NOATIME_FL      -> no access time
'D' 	EXT2_DIRSYNC_FL      -> dirsync
'S' 	EXT2_SYNC_FL	     -> sync

overview of jfs flags (partially for OS/2)

value	   (OS/2)	Linux	ext2 attrs
------------------------------------------------
0x00010000 IFJOURNAL	-
0x00020000 ISPARSE  	used
0x00040000 INLINEEA 	used
0x00080000 -	    	-	JFS_NOATIME_FL

0x00100000 -	    	-	JFS_DIRSYNC_FL
0x00200000 -	    	-	JFS_SYNC_FL
0x00400000 -	    	-	JFS_SECRM_FL
0x00800000 ISWAPFILE	-	JFS_UNRM_FL

0x01000000 -	    	-	JFS_APPEND_FL
0x02000000 IREADONLY	-	JFS_IMMUTABLE_FL
0x04000000 IHIDDEN  	-	-
0x08000000 ISYSTEM  	-	-

0x10000000 -	    	-
0x20000000 IDIRECTORY	used
0x40000000 IARCHIVE 	-
0x80000000 INEWNAME 	-

the implementation is straight forward, except
for the fact that the attributes have to be mapped
to match with the ext2 ones to avoid a separate
tool for manipulating them (this could be avoided
when using a separate flag field in the on-disk
representation, but the overhead is minimal)

a special jfs_ioctl is added to allow for the new
JFS_IOC_GETFLAGS and JFS_IOC_SETFLAGS calls.

a helper function jfs_set_inode_flags() to transfer
the flags from the on-disk version to the inode

minor changes to allow flag inheritance on inode
creation, as well as a cleanup of the on-disk
flags (including the new ones)

beforementioned helper to map between ext2 and jfs
versions of the new flags ...

the JFS_SECRM_FL and JFS_UNRM_FL are not done yet
and I'm not 100% sure they are worth the effort,
the rest seems to work out of the box ...

Signed-off-by: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Signed-off-by: Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@austin.ibm.com>
2006-02-09 09:09:16 -06:00
Jeff Garzik
a081975002 Merge branch 'upstream' 2006-02-09 05:15:47 -05:00
Jeff Garzik
1fdffbce03 [libata] Move PCI IDE BMDMA-related code to new file libata-bmdma.c. 2006-02-09 05:15:27 -05:00
Jeff Garzik
41232d3eca [libata] build fix after merging some pre-packet_task-removal code 2006-02-09 04:52:55 -05:00
Jeff Garzik
2ddd1023d2 Merge branch 'upstream' 2006-02-09 04:31:08 -05:00
Jeff Garzik
389984cb75 Merge branch 'upstream-fixes' 2006-02-09 04:30:18 -05:00
Jeff Garzik
9caafa6c86 Merge branch 'upstream-fixes' 2006-02-09 04:29:00 -05:00
Jeff Garzik
99b3738fbf Merge branch 'upstream' 2006-02-09 04:28:13 -05:00
Albert Lee
332b5a52f2 [PATCH] libata-dev: Minor comment fix
Signed-off-by: Albert Lee <albertcc@tw.ibm.com>

===
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
2006-02-09 04:26:13 -05:00
Albert Lee
555a896506 [PATCH] libata-dev: Use new AC_ERR_* flags
- Use new AC_ERR_* flags as done in Tejun's patches
  - In ata_qc_timeout(), replace ac_err_mask(drv_stat) with AC_ERR_TIMEOUT.
    This makes time out handler always report error to upper layer.
    Otherwise if the drv_stat looks good, libata might falsely report OK to the upper layer.

Signed-off-by: Albert Lee <albertcc@tw.ibm.com>

===
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
2006-02-09 04:26:13 -05:00
Albert Lee
20ea079e58 [PATCH] libata-dev: Use new ata_queue_pio_task() for PIO polling task
- Use new ata_queue_pio_task() for PIO polling task.
  - Remove the unused ata_queue_packet_task() function.
    (irq-pio had merged the 2 queues into one.)

Signed-off-by: Albert Lee <albertcc@tw.ibm.com>

===
Signed-off-by: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
2006-02-09 04:26:12 -05:00