Commit graph

932,869 commits

Author SHA1 Message Date
Jan Beulich
922eea2ce5 x86/xen/32: Simplify ring check in xen_iret_crit_fixup()
This can be had with two instead of six insns, by just checking the high
CS.RPL bit.

Also adjust the comment - there would be no #GP in the mentioned cases, as
there's no segment limit violation or alike. Instead there'd be #PF, but
that one reports the target EIP of said branch, not the address of the
branch insn itself.

Signed-off-by: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Reviewed-by: Juergen Gross <jgross@suse.com>
Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/r/a5986837-01eb-7bf8-bf42-4d3084d6a1f5@suse.com
2019-11-19 21:58:28 +01:00
Jan Beulich
29b810f5a5 x86/xen/32: Make xen_iret_crit_fixup() independent of frame layout
Now that SS:ESP always get saved by SAVE_ALL, this also needs to be
accounted for in xen_iret_crit_fixup(). Otherwise the old_ax value gets
interpreted as EFLAGS, and hence VM86 mode appears to be active all the
time, leading to random "vm86_32: no user_vm86: BAD" log messages alongside
processes randomly crashing.

Since following the previous model (sitting after SAVE_ALL) would further
complicate the code _and_ retain the dependency of xen_iret_crit_fixup() on
frame manipulations done by entry_32.S, switch things around and do the
adjustment ahead of SAVE_ALL.

Fixes: 3c88c692c2 ("x86/stackframe/32: Provide consistent pt_regs")
Signed-off-by: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Reviewed-by: Juergen Gross <jgross@suse.com>
Cc: Stable Team <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/r/32d8713d-25a7-84ab-b74b-aa3e88abce6b@suse.com
2019-11-19 21:58:28 +01:00
Jan Beulich
81ff2c37f9 x86/stackframe/32: Repair 32-bit Xen PV
Once again RPL checks have been introduced which don't account for a 32-bit
kernel living in ring 1 when running in a PV Xen domain. The case in
FIXUP_FRAME has been preventing boot.

Adjust BUG_IF_WRONG_CR3 as well to guard against future uses of the macro
on a code path reachable when running in PV mode under Xen; I have to admit
that I stopped at a certain point trying to figure out whether there are
present ones.

Fixes: 3c88c692c2 ("x86/stackframe/32: Provide consistent pt_regs")
Signed-off-by: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Cc: Stable Team <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/0fad341f-b7f5-f859-d55d-f0084ee7087e@suse.com
2019-11-19 21:58:28 +01:00
Adi Suresh
db96c2cb48 gve: fix dma sync bug where not all pages synced
The previous commit had a bug where the last page in the memory range
could not be synced. This change fixes the behavior so that all the
required pages are synced.

Fixes: 9cfeeb576d ("gve: Fixes DMA synchronization")
Signed-off-by: Adi Suresh <adisuresh@google.com>
Reviewed-by: Catherine Sullivan <csully@google.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
2019-11-19 12:58:18 -08:00
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
1f74b100c9 perf dsos: Remove unused dsos__find() method
Not used anywhere, nuke it.

Cc: Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Jiri Olsa <jolsa@kernel.org>
Cc: Namhyung Kim <namhyung@kernel.org>
Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/n/tip-teqz0eqcw43mnt7i3me44esw@git.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@redhat.com>
2019-11-19 17:51:34 -03:00
Matthew Auld
d43e24533d drm/i915: make pool objects read-only
For our current users we don't expect pool objects to be writable from
the gpu.

Signed-off-by: Matthew Auld <matthew.auld@intel.com>
Cc: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Fixes: 4f7af1948a ("drm/i915: Support ro ppgtt mapped cmdparser shadow buffers")
Reviewed-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20191119150154.18249-1-matthew.auld@intel.com
(cherry picked from commit d18580b08b)
Signed-off-by: Rodrigo Vivi <rodrigo.vivi@intel.com>
2019-11-19 12:43:27 -08:00
Paul Kocialkowski
fd1a5e521c drm/gma500: Fixup fbdev stolen size usage evaluation
psbfb_probe performs an evaluation of the required size from the stolen
GTT memory, but gets it wrong in two distinct ways:
- The resulting size must be page-size-aligned;
- The size to allocate is derived from the surface dimensions, not the fb
  dimensions.

When two connectors are connected with different modes, the smallest will
be stored in the fb dimensions, but the size that needs to be allocated must
match the largest (surface) dimensions. This is what is used in the actual
allocation code.

Fix this by correcting the evaluation to conform to the two points above.
It allows correctly switching to 16bpp when one connector is e.g. 1920x1080
and the other is 1024x768.

Signed-off-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Patrik Jakobsson <patrik.r.jakobsson@gmail.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20191107153048.843881-1-paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com
2019-11-19 21:41:49 +01:00
Krzysztof Kozlowski
d8c313d75a dt-bindings: pwm: Convert Samsung PWM bindings to json-schema
Convert Samsung PWM (S3C, S5P and Exynos SoCs) bindings to DT schema
format using json-schema.

Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
2019-11-19 14:23:57 -06:00
Krzysztof Kozlowski
89650a1e3b dt-bindings: pwm: Convert PWM bindings to json-schema
Convert generic PWM controller bindings to DT schema format using
json-schema.  The consumer bindings are provided by dt-schema.

Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Stephen Boyd <sboyd@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Paul Walmsley <paul.walmsley@sifive.com>
Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
2019-11-19 14:23:57 -06:00
Leonard Crestez
83ededdb72 docs: Add initial documentation for devfreq
The devfreq subsystem has plenty of kernel-doc comments but they're not
currently included in sphinx documentation.

Add a minimal devfreq.rst file which mostly just includes kernel-doc
comments from devfreq source. This also exposes a number of kernel-doc
warnings on `make htmldocs`

Signed-off-by: Leonard Crestez <leonard.crestez@nxp.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/e32fa9de8a60060a6ee5fc42f163111034f9a550.1574181341.git.leonard.crestez@nxp.com
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
2019-11-19 13:16:53 -07:00
Michal Kalderon
a25984f3ba RDMA/qedr: Fix null-pointer dereference when calling rdma_user_mmap_get_offset
When running against rdma-core that doesn't support doorbell recovery, the
rdma_user_mmap_entry won't be allocated for doorbell recovery related
mappings.

We have a flag indicating whether rdma-core supports doorbell recovery or
not which was used during initialization, however some cases didn't check
that the rdma_user_mmap_entry exists before attempting to acquire it's
offset.

Fixes: 97f6125092 ("RDMA/qedr: Add doorbell overflow recovery support")
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191118150645.26602-1-michal.kalderon@marvell.com
Signed-off-by: Ariel Elior <ariel.elior@marvell.com>
Signed-off-by: Michal Kalderon <michal.kalderon@marvell.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@mellanox.com>
2019-11-19 16:15:36 -04:00
Linus Walleij
291084904e Documentation: Document how to get links with git am
This adds Kees' clever apply hook to the kernel documentation so
it can be easily references when needed.

Cc: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>
Link: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/ksummit-discuss/2019-July/006608.html
Signed-off-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191118223019.81708-1-linus.walleij@linaro.org
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
2019-11-19 13:13:45 -07:00
Danit Goldberg
0acc637dac RDMA/cm: Use refcount_t type for refcount variable
This atomic in struct cm_id_private is being used as a refcount, change it
to refcount_t for better clarity and to get the refcount protections.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/1573997601-4502-1-git-send-email-danitg@mellanox.com
Signed-off-by: Danit Goldberg <danitg@mellanox.com>
Reviewed-by: Leon Romanovsky <leonro@mellanox.com>
Reviewed-by: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@mellanox.com>
2019-11-19 16:10:04 -04:00
Mark Zhang
c16339b69c IB/mlx5: Support extended number of strides for Striding RQ
Extends the minimum single WQE strides from 64 to 8, which is exposed
by the "min_single_wqe_log_num_of_strides" field of striding_rq_caps.
Choose right number of strides based on FW capability.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191115154555.247856-1-leon@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Mark Zhang <markz@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Leon Romanovsky <leonro@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@mellanox.com>
2019-11-19 16:05:41 -04:00
Chris Wilson
ba446f7460 drm/i915/selftests: Exercise rc6 w/a handling
Reading from CTX_INFO upsets rc6, requiring us to detect and prevent
possible rc6 context corruption. Poke at the bear!

Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Cc: Imre Deak <imre.deak@intel.com>
Cc: Mika Kuoppala <mika.kuoppala@linux.intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Andi Shyti <andi.shyti@intel.com>
Tested-by: Andi Shyti <andi.shyti@intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20191119154723.3311814-1-chris@chris-wilson.co.uk
2019-11-19 20:05:01 +00:00
Bob Peterson
2c47c1be51 gfs2: clean up iopen glock mess in gfs2_create_inode
Before this patch, gfs2_create_inode had a use-after-free for the
iopen glock in some error paths because it did this:

	gfs2_glock_put(io_gl);
fail_gunlock2:
	if (io_gl)
		clear_bit(GLF_INODE_CREATING, &io_gl->gl_flags);

In some cases, the io_gl was used for create and only had one
reference, so the glock might be freed before the clear_bit().
This patch tries to straighten it out by only jumping to the
error paths where iopen is properly set, and moving the
gfs2_glock_put after the clear_bit.

Signed-off-by: Bob Peterson <rpeterso@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Andreas Gruenbacher <agruenba@redhat.com>
2019-11-19 21:02:01 +01:00
Danit Goldberg
ff3195b3ed IB/mlx4: Update HW GID table while adding vlan GID
When adding a new GID compare the vlan along with the GID and type. This
allows vlan's to have GIDs that alias each other, such as the default
GID. Otherwise they the GID cache view can become inconsistent with the HW
view.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191115154457.247763-1-leon@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Danit Goldberg <danitg@mellanox.com>
Reviewed-by: Parav Pandit <parav@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Leon Romanovsky <leonro@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@mellanox.com>
2019-11-19 15:58:55 -04:00
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
7b59a82493 perf map: Move comparision of map's dso_id to a separate function
We'll use it when doing DSO lookups using dso_ids.

Cc: Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Jiri Olsa <jolsa@kernel.org>
Cc: Namhyung Kim <namhyung@kernel.org>
Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/n/tip-u2nr1oq03o0i29w2ay9jx03s@git.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@redhat.com>
2019-11-19 16:30:56 -03:00
Ingo Molnar
8e1d58ae0c Merge branch 'for-mingo' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulmck/linux-rcu into locking/kcsan
Pull the KCSAN subsystem from Paul E. McKenney:

   "This pull request contains base kernel concurrency sanitizer
    (KCSAN) enablement for x86, courtesy of Marco Elver.  KCSAN is a
    sampling watchpoint-based data-race detector, and is documented in
    Documentation/dev-tools/kcsan.rst.  KCSAN was announced in September,
    and much feedback has since been incorporated:

      http://lkml.kernel.org/r/CANpmjNPJ_bHjfLZCAPV23AXFfiPiyXXqqu72n6TgWzb2Gnu1eA@mail.gmail.com

    The data races located thus far have resulted in a number of fixes:

      https://github.com/google/ktsan/wiki/KCSAN#upstream-fixes-of-data-races-found-by-kcsan

    Additional information may be found here:

      https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20191114180303.66955-1-elver@google.com/
   "

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
2019-11-19 19:56:28 +01:00
Andreas Kemnade
3f1a9e630b
regulator: rn5t618: fix rc5t619 ldo10 enable
LDO9 and LDO10 were listed with the same enable bits.
That looks insane and there are no provisions in the code for handling such
a special case. Also other out-of-tree drivers use a separate bit to
enable it.
Example:
https://github.com/brunotl/kernel-kobo-mx6sl-ntx/blob/master/drivers/regulator/ricoh619-regulator.c
So it seems to be clearly a bug.
I cannot fully check it on my board without schematics and just discovered
this during code analysis for another problem.

Signed-off-by: Andreas Kemnade <andreas@kemnade.info>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191113182643.23885-1-andreas@kemnade.info
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2019-11-19 18:24:18 +00:00
Kuninori Morimoto
0ced7b0502
ASoC: soc-pcm: remove soc_pcm_private_free()
soc-topology adds extra dai_link by using snd_soc_add_dai_link(),
and removes it by snd_soc_romove_dai_link().

This snd_soc_add/remove_dai_link() and/or its related
functions are unbalanced before, and now, these are balance-uped.
But, it finds the random operation issue, and it is reported by
Pierre-Louis.

When card was released, topology will call snd_soc_remove_dai_link()
via (A).

	static void soc_cleanup_card_resources(struct snd_soc_card *card)
	{
		struct snd_soc_dai_link *link, *_link;

		/* This should be called before snd_card_free() */
	(A)	soc_remove_link_components(card);

		/* free the ALSA card at first; this syncs with pending operations */
		if (card->snd_card) {
	(B)		snd_card_free(card->snd_card);
			card->snd_card = NULL;
		}

		/* remove and free each DAI */
	(X)	soc_remove_link_dais(card);

		for_each_card_links_safe(card, link, _link)
	(C)		snd_soc_remove_dai_link(card, link);

		...
	}

At (A), topology calls snd_soc_remove_dai_link().
Then topology rtd, and its related all data are freed.

Next, (B) is called, and then, pcm->private_free = soc_pcm_private_free()
is called.

	static void soc_pcm_private_free(struct snd_pcm *pcm)
	{
		struct snd_soc_pcm_runtime *rtd = pcm->private_data;

		/* need to sync the delayed work before releasing resources */
		flush_delayed_work(&rtd->delayed_work);
		snd_soc_pcm_component_free(rtd);
	}

Here, it gets rtd via pcm->private_data.
But, topology related rtd are already freed at (A).
Normal sound card has no damage, becase it frees rtd at (C).

These are finalizing rtd related data.
Thus, these should be called when rtd was freed, not sound card
was freed. It is very natural and understandable.

In other words, pcm->private_free = soc_pcm_private_free()
is no longer needed.

Extra issue is that there is zero chance to call
soc_remove_dai() for topology related dai at (X).
Because (A) removes rtd connection from card too, and,
(X) is based on card connected rtd.

This means, (X) need to be called before (C) (= for normal sound)
and (A) (= for topology).

Now, I want to focus this patch which is the reason why
snd_card_free() = (B) is located there.

	commit 4efda5f213
	("ASoC: Fix use-after-free at card unregistration")

Original snd_card_free() was called last of this function.
But moved to top to avoid use-after-free issue.
The issue was happen at soc_pcm_free() which was pcm->private_free,
today it is updated/renamed to soc_pcm_private_free().

In other words, (B) need to be called before (C) (= for normal sound)
and (A) (= for topology), because it needs (not yet freed) rtd.
But, (A) need to be called before (B),
because it needs card->snd_card pointer.

If we call flush_delayed_work() and snd_soc_pcm_component_free()
(= same as soc_pcm_private_free()) when rtd was freed (= (C), (A)),
there is no reason to call snd_card_free() at top of this function.
It can be called end of this function, again.

But, in such case, it will likely break unbind again, as Takashi-san
reported. When unbind is performed in a busy state, the code may
release still-in-use resources.
At least we need to call snd_card_disconnect_sync() at the first place.

The final code will be...

	static void soc_cleanup_card_resources(struct snd_soc_card *card)
	{
		struct snd_soc_dai_link *link, *_link;

		if (card->snd_card)
	(Z)		snd_card_disconnect_sync(card->snd_card);

	(X)	soc_remove_link_dais(card);
	(A)	soc_remove_link_components(card);

		for_each_card_links_safe(card, link, _link)
	(C)		snd_soc_remove_dai_link(card, link);

		...
		if (card->snd_card) {
	(B)		snd_card_free(card->snd_card);
			card->snd_card = NULL;
		}
	}

To avoid release still-in-use resources,
call snd_card_disconnect_sync() at (Z).

(X) is needed for both non-topology and topology.

    topology removes rtd via (A), and
non topology removes rtd via (C).

snd_card_free() is no longer related to use-after-free issue.
Thus, locating (B) is no problem.

Fixes: df95a16d2a ("ASoC: soc-core: fix RIP warning on card removal")
Fixes: bc7a9091e5 ("ASoC: soc-core: add soc_unbind_dai_link()")
Reported-by: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Kuninori Morimoto <kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com>
Tested-by: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/87o8xax88g.wl-kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2019-11-19 18:23:06 +00:00
Kuninori Morimoto
b2b2afbb48
ASoC: soc-component: tidyup snd_soc_pcm_component_new/free() parameter
This patch uses rtd instead of pcm at snd_soc_pcm_component_new/free()
parameter.
This is prepare for dai_link remove bug fix on topology.

Signed-off-by: Kuninori Morimoto <kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/87pnhqx89j.wl-kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2019-11-19 18:22:40 +00:00
Hans de Goede
0bb887709e
ASoC: Intel: bytcr_rt5640: Update quirk for Acer Switch 10 SW5-012 2-in-1
When the Acer Switch 10 SW5-012 quirk was added we did not have
jack-detection support yet; and the builtin microphone selection of
the original quirk is wrong too.

Fix the microphone-input quirk and add jack-detection info so that the
internal-microphone and headphone/set jack on the Switch 10 work properly.

Signed-off-by: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Acked-by: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191119145138.59162-1-hdegoede@redhat.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
2019-11-19 18:21:30 +00:00
Wei Yongjun
9a5d847c0b coresight: replicator: Fix missing spin_lock_init()
The driver allocates the spinlock but not initialize it.
Use spin_lock_init() on it to initialize it correctly.

This is detected by Coccinelle semantic patch.

Signed-off-by: Wei Yongjun <weiyongjun1@huawei.com>
Tested-by: Yabin Cui <yabinc@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191118185207.30441-3-mathieu.poirier@linaro.org
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
2019-11-19 19:18:15 +01:00
Wei Yongjun
9def5dc10d coresight: funnel: Fix missing spin_lock_init()
The driver allocates the spinlock but not initialize it.
Use spin_lock_init() on it to initialize it correctly.

This is detected by Coccinelle semantic patch.

Signed-off-by: Wei Yongjun <weiyongjun1@huawei.com>
Tested-by: Yabin Cui <yabinc@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@linaro.org>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191118185207.30441-2-mathieu.poirier@linaro.org
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
2019-11-19 19:18:15 +01:00
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
4a7380a52e perf map: Pass a dso_id to map__new()
Instead of the 4 fields, a step in the direction of moving this to
struct dso.

Cc: Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Jiri Olsa <jolsa@kernel.org>
Cc: Namhyung Kim <namhyung@kernel.org>
Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/n/tip-gp5s1xgxacurmih5d1l94ymy@git.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@redhat.com>
2019-11-19 15:09:26 -03:00
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
99459a84d5 perf map: Move maj/min/ino/ino_generation to separate struct
And this patch highlights where these fields are being used: in the sort
order where it uses it to compare maps and classify samples taking into
account not just the DSO, but those DSO id fields.

I think these should be used to differentiate DSOs with the same name
but different 'struct dso_id' fields, i.e. these fields should move to
'struct dso' and then be used as part of the key when doing lookups for
DSOs, in addition to the DSO name.

Cc: Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@intel.com>
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Jiri Olsa <jolsa@kernel.org>
Cc: Namhyung Kim <namhyung@kernel.org>
Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/n/tip-8v5isitqy0dup47nnwkpc80f@git.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@redhat.com>
2019-11-19 15:09:26 -03:00
Chris Wilson
f4ba0707c8 drm/i915: Wait until the intel_wakeref idle callback is complete
When waiting for idle, serialise with any ongoing callback so that it
will have completed before completing the wait.

Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Reviewed-by: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin@intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20191118230254.2615942-12-chris@chris-wilson.co.uk
2019-11-19 18:02:48 +00:00
Dan Williams
bcba0c4547 libnvdimm: Export the target_node attribute for regions and namespaces
Aneesh points out that some platforms may have "local" attached
persistent memory and "remote" persistent memory that map to the same
"online" node, or persistent memory devices with different performance
properties. In this case 'numa_node' is identical for the two instances,
but 'target_node' is differentiated so platform firmware can communicate
distinct performance properties per range. Expose 'target_node' by
default to allow for disambiguation of devices that share the same
numa_map_to_online_node() result.

Reported-by: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157401274500.43284.2369509941678577768.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
2019-11-19 09:52:41 -08:00
Dan Williams
cb4dd729ee dax: Add numa_node to the default device-dax attributes
It is confusing that device-dax instances publish a 'target_node'
attribute, but not a 'numa_node'. The 'numa_node' information is
available elsewhere in the sysfs device hierarchy, but it is not obvious
and not reliable from one device-dax instance-type (e.g. child devices
of nvdimm namespaces) to the next (e.g. 'hmem' devices defined by EFI
Specific Purpose Memory and the ACPI HMAT).

Cc: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@intel.com>
Cc: Vishal Verma <vishal.l.verma@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157309906102.1582359.4262088001244476001.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
2019-11-19 09:52:12 -08:00
Dan Williams
bfd2e91406 libnvdimm: Simplify root read-only definition for the 'resource' attribute
Rather than update the permission in ->is_visible() set the permission
directly at declaration time.

Cc: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@intel.com>
Cc: Vishal Verma <vishal.l.verma@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157309905534.1582359.13927459228885931097.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
2019-11-19 09:52:12 -08:00
Dan Williams
153dd28647 dax: Simplify root read-only definition for the 'resource' attribute
Rather than update the permission in ->is_visible() set the permission
directly at declaration time.

Cc: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@intel.com>
Cc: Vishal Verma <vishal.l.verma@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157309904959.1582359.7281180042781955506.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
2019-11-19 09:52:12 -08:00
Dan Williams
770619a951 dax: Create a dax device_type
Move the open coded release method and attribute groups to a 'struct
device_type' instance.

Cc: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@intel.com>
Cc: Vishal Verma <vishal.l.verma@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157309904365.1582359.5451327195246651379.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
2019-11-19 09:52:12 -08:00
Dan Williams
e755799aef libnvdimm: Move nvdimm_bus_attribute_group to device_type
A 'struct device_type' instance can carry default attributes for the
device. Use this facility to remove the export of
nvdimm_bus_attribute_group and put the responsibility on the core rather
than leaf implementations to define this attribute.

Cc: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@intel.com>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <mpe@ellerman.id.au>
Cc: "Oliver O'Halloran" <oohall@gmail.com>
Cc: Vishal Verma <vishal.l.verma@intel.com>
Cc: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157309903815.1582359.6418211876315050283.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
2019-11-19 09:52:12 -08:00
Dan Williams
360eba7ebd libnvdimm: Move nvdimm_attribute_group to device_type
A 'struct device_type' instance can carry default attributes for the
device. Use this facility to remove the export of
nvdimm_attribute_group and put the responsibility on the core rather
than leaf implementations to define this attribute.

Cc: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@intel.com>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <mpe@ellerman.id.au>
Cc: "Oliver O'Halloran" <oohall@gmail.com>
Cc: Vishal Verma <vishal.l.verma@intel.com>
Cc: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157309903201.1582359.10966209746585062329.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
2019-11-19 09:52:12 -08:00
Dan Williams
4ce79fa97e libnvdimm: Move nd_mapping_attribute_group to device_type
A 'struct device_type' instance can carry default attributes for the
device. Use this facility to remove the export of
nd_mapping_attribute_group and put the responsibility on the core rather
than leaf implementations to define this attribute.

Cc: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@intel.com>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <mpe@ellerman.id.au>
Cc: "Oliver O'Halloran" <oohall@gmail.com>
Cc: Vishal Verma <vishal.l.verma@intel.com>
Cc: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157309902686.1582359.6749533709859492704.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
2019-11-19 09:52:12 -08:00
Dan Williams
7c4fc8cde1 libnvdimm: Move nd_region_attribute_group to device_type
A 'struct device_type' instance can carry default attributes for the
device. Use this facility to remove the export of
nd_region_attribute_group and put the responsibility on the core rather
than leaf implementations to define this attribute.

Cc: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@intel.com>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <mpe@ellerman.id.au>
Cc: "Oliver O'Halloran" <oohall@gmail.com>
Cc: Vishal Verma <vishal.l.verma@intel.com>
Cc: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157309902169.1582359.16828508538444551337.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
2019-11-19 09:52:12 -08:00
Dan Williams
e2f6a0e348 libnvdimm: Move nd_numa_attribute_group to device_type
A 'struct device_type' instance can carry default attributes for the
device. Use this facility to remove the export of
nd_numa_attribute_group and put the responsibility on the core rather
than leaf implementations to define this attribute.

Cc: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@intel.com>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <mpe@ellerman.id.au>
Cc: "Oliver O'Halloran" <oohall@gmail.com>
Cc: Vishal Verma <vishal.l.verma@intel.com>
Cc: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Reviewed-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/157401269537.43284.14411189404186877352.stgit@dwillia2-desk3.amr.corp.intel.com
Signed-off-by: Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@intel.com>
2019-11-19 09:51:54 -08:00
Chris Wilson
8ad305f1a2 drm/i915/gem: Manually dump the debug trace on GEM_BUG_ON
Since igt now defaults to not enabling ftrace-on-oops, we need to
manually invoke GEM_TRACE_DUMP() to see the debug log prior to a
GEM_BUG_ON panicking.

Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Acked-by: Mika Kuoppala <mika.kuoppala@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20191119100929.2628356-1-chris@chris-wilson.co.uk
2019-11-19 17:44:39 +00:00
changzhu
30b2c0cae4 drm/amd/powerplay: enable gpu_busy_percent sys interface for renoir (v2)
To get the value of gpu_busy_percent, it needs to realize
get_current_activity_percent and get_metrics_table.
The framework of renoir smu is different from old ones like raven. It
needs to realize get_current_activity_percent and get_metrics_table in
renoir_ppt.c like navi10.

v2: remove unused variable (Alex)

Signed-off-by: changzhu <Changfeng.Zhu@amd.com>
Reviewed-by: Evan Quan <evan.quan@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
2019-11-19 12:42:38 -05:00
Theodore Ts'o
dfdeeb41fb Merge branch 'tt/misc' into dev 2019-11-19 12:25:42 -05:00
Theodore Ts'o
c7df4a1ecb ext4: work around deleting a file with i_nlink == 0 safely
If the file system is corrupted such that a file's i_links_count is
too small, then it's possible that when unlinking that file, i_nlink
will already be zero.  Previously we were working around this kind of
corruption by forcing i_nlink to one; but we were doing this before
trying to delete the directory entry --- and if the file system is
corrupted enough that ext4_delete_entry() fails, then we exit with
i_nlink elevated, and this causes the orphan inode list handling to be
FUBAR'ed, such that when we unmount the file system, the orphan inode
list can get corrupted.

A better way to fix this is to simply skip trying to call drop_nlink()
if i_nlink is already zero, thus moving the check to the place where
it makes the most sense.

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205433

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191112032903.8828-1-tytso@mit.edu
Signed-off-by: Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
Reviewed-by: Andreas Dilger <adilger@dilger.ca>
2019-11-19 12:25:21 -05:00
Theodore Ts'o
4ea99936a1 ext4: add more paranoia checking in ext4_expand_extra_isize handling
It's possible to specify a non-zero s_want_extra_isize via debugging
option, and this can cause bad things(tm) to happen when using a file
system with an inode size of 128 bytes.

Add better checking when the file system is mounted, as well as when
we are actually doing the trying to do the inode expansion.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20191110121510.GH23325@mit.edu
Reported-by: syzbot+f8d6f8386ceacdbfff57@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Reported-by: syzbot+33d7ea72e47de3bdf4e1@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Reported-by: syzbot+44b6763edfc17144296f@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Signed-off-by: Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
2019-11-19 12:24:55 -05:00
Chris Wilson
0cdfdf6fa9 drm/i915/gt: Flush the requests after wedging on suspend
Retire all requests if we resort to wedged the driver on suspend. They
will now be idle, so we might as we free them before shutting down.

Signed-off-by: Chris Wilson <chris@chris-wilson.co.uk>
Reviewed-by: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursulin@intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20191118230254.2615942-16-chris@chris-wilson.co.uk
2019-11-19 17:19:25 +00:00
Daniel Campello
119a3cb6d6 platform/chrome: wilco_ec: Add keyboard backlight LED support
The EC is in charge of controlling the keyboard backlight on
the Wilco platform. We expose a standard LED class device
named platform::kbd_backlight.

Since the EC will never change the backlight level of its own accord,
we don't need to implement a brightness_get() method.

Signed-off-by: Nick Crews <ncrews@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Daniel Campello <campello@chromium.org>
Reviewed-by: Daniel Campello <campello@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Enric Balletbo i Serra <enric.balletbo@collabora.com>
2019-11-19 18:12:19 +01:00
Nick Crews
3c4d77b689 platform/chrome: wilco_ec: Add charging config driver
Add a device to control the charging algorithm used on Wilco devices,
which will be picked up by the drivers/power/supply/wilco-charger.c
driver. See Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-power-wilco for the
userspace interface and other info.

Signed-off-by: Nick Crews <ncrews@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Enric Balletbo i Serra <enric.balletbo@collabora.com>
2019-11-19 18:12:19 +01:00
Hawking Zhang
858a2bbad6 drm/amdgpu: pull ras controller int status only when ras enabled
ras_controller_irq and athub_err_event_irq are only registered
when PCIE_BIF ras is marked as supported. as the result, the driver
also just need pull the int status in such case.

Signed-off-by: Hawking Zhang <Hawking.Zhang@amd.com>
Reviewed-by: John Clements <john.clements@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
2019-11-19 12:09:23 -05:00
Hawking Zhang
5bdd0b72d6 drm/amdgpu: switch to common helper func for psp cmd submission
Drop all the IP specific cmd_submit callback function
and use the common helper instead

Signed-off-by: Hawking Zhang <Hawking.Zhang@amd.com>
Reviewed-by: John Clements <john.clements@amd.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
2019-11-19 12:09:13 -05:00
Hawking Zhang
cc65176e51 drm/amdgpu: add helper func for psp ring cmd submission
Except for ring wptr update, the psp ring cmd submission
function shouldn't be IP specific one. Create a common
helper function to be shared for all the ASICs.

Signed-off-by: Hawking Zhang <Hawking.Zhang@amd.com>
Reviewed-by: John Clements <john.clements@amd.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
2019-11-19 12:09:06 -05:00
Hawking Zhang
13a390a6f9 drm/amdgpu: add psp funcs for ring write pointer read/write
The ring write pointer regsiter update is the only part that
is IP specific ones in psp_cmd_submit function.

Add two callbacks for wptr read/write so that we unify the
psp_cmd_submit function for all the ASICs.

Signed-off-by: Hawking Zhang <Hawking.Zhang@amd.com>
Reviewed-by: John Clements <john.clements@amd.com>
Reviewed-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
2019-11-19 12:08:58 -05:00