Add a description for the get_csb_buffer callback, update the glossary,
and add some extra information about RB, which is associated with CSB
configuration.
Signed-off-by: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
In reference to memory carved out for APUs,
s/cave out/carve out/
Reviewed-by: shaoyun.liu <Shaoyun.liu@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
MES is an important firmware that lacks some essential documentation.
This commit introduces an overview of it and how it works.
Reviewed-by: Bagas Sanjaya <bagasdotme@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
GC is a large block that plays a vital role for amdgpu; for this reason,
this commit creates one specific page for GC and adds extra information
about the CP component.
Acked-by: Christian König <christian.koenig@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
Pipes and Queues are two common vocabulary that pervades discussions
around amdgpu core features. The definition and explanation of those
components are spread around multiple places in the code, mailing list,
and Gitlab, which sometimes leads to the wrong interpretation of these
concepts. This commit attempts to centralize the definition and
explanation of Pipe and Queue from amdgpu perspective in a kernel doc.
Most of the information in this doc was derived from:
- https://lore.kernel.org/amd-gfx/CADnq5_Pcz2x4aJzKbVrN3jsZhD6sTydtDw=6PaN4O3m4t+Grtg@mail.gmail.com/T/#m9a670b55ab20e0f7c46c80f802a0a4be255a719d
- https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/11759
Reviewed-by: Christian König <christian.koenig@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
The APU and dGPU tables are hidden in the driver misc info, which makes
it hard to find specific hardware info when users need it. This commit
creates a single page for this information and adds it to the top of the
amdgpu list to improve searchability.
Signed-off-by: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
Since driver-core has an overview of the AMD GPU hardware structure, it
makes more sense to keep it first. This commit move driver-core up in
the index list.
Signed-off-by: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
This commit introduces some new acronyms extracted from the source code
and found on some web pages around the internet (most of them came from
ArchLinux, Gentoo, and Wikipedia links).
Reviewed-by: Christian König <christian.koenig@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
Describes what debugfs files are available and what
they are used for.
v2: fix some typos (Mark Glines)
v3: Address comments from Siqueira and Kent
Reviewed-by: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
1. HDMI fixup and refinement
2. Move to devm_platform_ioremap_resource() usage
3. Add MT8188 dsc compatible
4. Fix config_updating flag never false when no mbox channel
5. dp: drm_err => dev_err in HPD path to avoid NULL ptr
6. Add dpi power-domains example
7. Add MT8365 SoC support
8. Fix error codes in mtk_dsi_host_transfer()
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=PiUo
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'mediatek-drm-next-6.15-v2' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chunkuang.hu/linux into drm-next
Mediatek DRM Next for Linux 6.15
1. HDMI fixup and refinement
2. Move to devm_platform_ioremap_resource() usage
3. Add MT8188 dsc compatible
4. Fix config_updating flag never false when no mbox channel
5. dp: drm_err => dev_err in HPD path to avoid NULL ptr
6. Add dpi power-domains example
7. Add MT8365 SoC support
8. Fix error codes in mtk_dsi_host_transfer()
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Chun-Kuang Hu <chunkuang.hu@kernel.org>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20250312232909.9304-1-chunkuang.hu@kernel.org
Due to wrong `.. kernel-doc` directive in Documentation/gpu/rfc/gpusvm.rst
the documentation was actually not parsing anything from
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gpusvm.c. This fixes the kernel-doc include and all
warnings/errors created when doing so.
Cc: Simona Vetter <simona.vetter@ffwll.ch>
Cc: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
Cc: Christian König <christian.koenig@amd.com>
Cc: dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org
Cc: Matthew Brost <matthew.brost@intel.com>
Cc: Thomas Hellström <thomas.hellstrom@linux.intel.com>
Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Closes: https://lore.kernel.org/intel-xe/20250307195239.57abcd2d@canb.auug.org.au/
Fixes: 99624bdff8 ("drm/gpusvm: Add support for GPU Shared Virtual Memory")
Reviewed-by: Matthew Brost <matthew.brost@intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20250307-fix-svm-kerneldoc-v2-1-03c74b199620@intel.com
Signed-off-by: Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>
(cherry picked from commit 4da1fb61e0)
Signed-off-by: Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>
DPI is part of the display / multimedia block in MediaTek SoCs, and
always have a power-domain (at least in the upstream device-trees).
Add the power-domains property to the binding example.
Fixes: 9273cf7d39 ("dt-bindings: display: mediatek: convert the dpi bindings to yaml")
Signed-off-by: Fabien Parent <fparent@baylibre.com>
Reviewed-by: AngeloGioacchino Del Regno <angelogioacchino.delregno@collabora.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: CK Hu <ck.hu@mediatek.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexandre Mergnat <amergnat@baylibre.com>
Link: https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/dri-devel/patch/20231023-display-support-v7-1-6703f3e26831@baylibre.com/
Signed-off-by: Chun-Kuang Hu <chunkuang.hu@kernel.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iQFSBAABCAA8FiEEq68RxlopcLEwq+PEeb4+QwBBGIYFAmfOKBUeHHRvcnZhbGRz
QGxpbnV4LWZvdW5kYXRpb24ub3JnAAoJEHm+PkMAQRiG1aQH/iC+Oyij4VxAjBek
BOXIT/p6CwlIXb8ObiWWcRjDPizlcxb3RaV8J2RO+IqaQ2wltxpFANq2G7Re2FPm
SNcEpIURAOVcxHGedcfFA91srO5F4FzNTO8LVp7MIbcgMYy3pdk+dbZmi6A691R+
t9pb74m+MAnF1o/MUx7pUlhAT/4ymuuR0F7WCSg4h0Xwe5m0nlJY89kJBC7PCjyd
n3mdhsz3rDSLmt/z/T7HGD89r8sYSvm9cOKtL3ELgGTrm7boQV8ii9Y9w04DI8PQ
JmIernugcCxmhH36mVUAHgJf2+/T388xFUh/D5+skeUOUZpaJZG866rnb32WpsHc
eWLFUeg=
=Wypt
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Backmerge tag 'v6.14-rc6' into drm-next
This is a backmerge from Linux 6.14-rc6, needed for the nova PR.
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
- Expose per-engine activity via perf pmu (Riana, Lucas, Umesh)
- Add support for EU stall sampling (Harish, Ashutosh)
- Allow userspace to provide low latency hint for submission (Tejas)
- GPU SVM and Xe SVM implementation (Matthew Brost)
Cross-subsystem Changes:
- devres handling for component drivers (Lucas)
- Backmege drm-next to allow cross dependent change with i915
- GPU SVM and Xe SVM implementation (Matthew Brost)
Core Changes:
Driver Changes:
- Fixes to userptr and missing validations (Matthew Auld, Thomas
Hellström, Matthew Brost)
- devcoredump typos and error handling improvement (Shuicheng)
- Allow oa_exponent value of 0 (Umesh)
- Finish moving device probe to devm (Lucas)
- Fix race between submission restart and scheduled being freed (Tejas)
- Fix counter overflows in gt_stats (Francois)
- Refactor and add missing workarounds and tunings for pre-Xe2 platforms
(Aradhya, Tvrtko)
- Fix PXP locks interaction with exec queues being killed (Daniele)
- Eliminate TIMESTAMP_OVERRIDE from xe (Matt Roper)
- Change xe_gen_wa_oob to allow building on MacOS (Daniel Gomez)
- New workarounds for Panther Lake (Tejas)
- Fix VF resume errors (Satyanarayana)
- Fix workaround infra skipping some workarounds dependent on engine
initialization (Tvrtko)
- Improve per-IP descriptors (Gustavo)
- Add more error injections to probe sequence (Francois)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=98mS
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'drm-xe-next-2025-03-07' of https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/xe/kernel into drm-next
UAPI Changes:
- Expose per-engine activity via perf pmu (Riana, Lucas, Umesh)
- Add support for EU stall sampling (Harish, Ashutosh)
- Allow userspace to provide low latency hint for submission (Tejas)
- GPU SVM and Xe SVM implementation (Matthew Brost)
Cross-subsystem Changes:
- devres handling for component drivers (Lucas)
- Backmege drm-next to allow cross dependent change with i915
- GPU SVM and Xe SVM implementation (Matthew Brost)
Core Changes:
Driver Changes:
- Fixes to userptr and missing validations (Matthew Auld, Thomas
Hellström, Matthew Brost)
- devcoredump typos and error handling improvement (Shuicheng)
- Allow oa_exponent value of 0 (Umesh)
- Finish moving device probe to devm (Lucas)
- Fix race between submission restart and scheduled being freed (Tejas)
- Fix counter overflows in gt_stats (Francois)
- Refactor and add missing workarounds and tunings for pre-Xe2 platforms
(Aradhya, Tvrtko)
- Fix PXP locks interaction with exec queues being killed (Daniele)
- Eliminate TIMESTAMP_OVERRIDE from xe (Matt Roper)
- Change xe_gen_wa_oob to allow building on MacOS (Daniel Gomez)
- New workarounds for Panther Lake (Tejas)
- Fix VF resume errors (Satyanarayana)
- Fix workaround infra skipping some workarounds dependent on engine
initialization (Tvrtko)
- Improve per-IP descriptors (Gustavo)
- Add more error injections to probe sequence (Francois)
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/ilc5jvtyaoyi6woyhght5a6sw5jcluiojjueorcyxbynrcpcjp@mw2mi6rd6a7l
- Use the specified $(LD) when building userprogs with Clang
- Pass the correct target triple when compile-testing UAPI headers
with Clang
- Fix pacman-pkg build error with KBUILD_OUTPUT
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=V4ee
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'kbuild-fixes-v6.14-3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild
Pull Kbuild fixes from Masahiro Yamada:
- Use the specified $(LD) when building userprogs with Clang
- Pass the correct target triple when compile-testing UAPI headers
with Clang
- Fix pacman-pkg build error with KBUILD_OUTPUT
* tag 'kbuild-fixes-v6.14-3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/masahiroy/linux-kbuild:
kbuild: install-extmod-build: Fix build when specifying KBUILD_OUTPUT
docs: Kconfig: fix defconfig description
kbuild: hdrcheck: fix cross build with clang
kbuild: userprogs: use correct lld when linking through clang
Here are a number of misc and char and iio driver fixes that have been
sitting in my tree for way too long, and should be merged for 6.14-rc6.
They contain:
- iio driver fixes for reported issues
- regression fix for rtsx_usb card reader
- mei and mhi driver fixes
- small virt driver fixes
- ntsync permissions fix
- other tiny driver fixes for reported problems.
All of these have been in linux-next for quite a while with no reported
issues.
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iG0EABECAC0WIQT0tgzFv3jCIUoxPcsxR9QN2y37KQUCZ83Szw8cZ3JlZ0Brcm9h
aC5jb20ACgkQMUfUDdst+ykt1wCeMzZF9wk1OSGvUA1rZk86FFPHQd4AniYEv4Ze
/FY8PmjKxqkQhJIKCKS4
=7Jpe
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'char-misc-6.14-rc6' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc
Pull char/misc/IIO driver fixes from Greg KH:
"Here are a number of misc and char and iio driver fixes that have been
sitting in my tree for way too long. They contain:
- iio driver fixes for reported issues
- regression fix for rtsx_usb card reader
- mei and mhi driver fixes
- small virt driver fixes
- ntsync permissions fix
- other tiny driver fixes for reported problems.
All of these have been in linux-next for quite a while with no
reported issues"
* tag 'char-misc-6.14-rc6' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc: (30 commits)
Revert "drivers/card_reader/rtsx_usb: Restore interrupt based detection"
ntsync: Check wait count based on byte size.
bus: simple-pm-bus: fix forced runtime PM use
char: misc: deallocate static minor in error path
eeprom: digsy_mtc: Make GPIO lookup table match the device
drivers: virt: acrn: hsm: Use kzalloc to avoid info leak in pmcmd_ioctl
binderfs: fix use-after-free in binder_devices
slimbus: messaging: Free transaction ID in delayed interrupt scenario
vbox: add HAS_IOPORT dependency
cdx: Fix possible UAF error in driver_override_show()
intel_th: pci: Add Panther Lake-P/U support
intel_th: pci: Add Panther Lake-H support
intel_th: pci: Add Arrow Lake support
intel_th: msu: Fix less trivial kernel-doc warnings
intel_th: msu: Fix kernel-doc warnings
MAINTAINERS: change maintainer for FSI
ntsync: Set the permissions to be 0666
bus: mhi: host: pci_generic: Use pci_try_reset_function() to avoid deadlock
mei: vsc: Use "wakeuphostint" when getting the host wakeup GPIO
mei: me: add panther lake P DID
...
Add the initial documentation of the Nova project.
The initial project documentation consists out of a brief introduction
of the project, as well as project guidelines both general and nova-core
specific and a task list for nova-core specifically.
The task list is divided into tasks for general Rust infrastructure
required by the project, tasks regarding GSP enablement and firmware
abstraction, general GPU driver tasks as well as tasks related to
external API design and test infrastructure.
Reviewed-by: Alexandre Courbot <acourbot@nvidia.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250306222336.23482-6-dakr@kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Danilo Krummrich <dakr@kernel.org>
Specific constrain in if:then: blocks for variable lists, like clocks
and clock-names, should have a fixed upper and lower size. Older
dtschema implied minItems, but that's not true since 2024 and missing
minItems means that lower bound is not set.
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Patchwork: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/638751/
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250221-b4-sm8750-display-v3-2-3ea95b1630ea@linaro.org
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Baryshkov <dmitry.baryshkov@linaro.org>
- coredump: Only sort VMAs when core_sort_vma sysctl is set
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iHUEABYKAB0WIQRSPkdeREjth1dHnSE2KwveOeQkuwUCZ8tUbwAKCRA2KwveOeQk
u7VHAQDde9UqJ/meeBFhsEW7Fn3dMDL0bTTAJTKMw1YV4D7IiQEAjHBz9JKqrvXO
pAMV9IoPsjpDKnz9aUWW+geJhjPsLQ8=
=RFog
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'execve-v6.14-rc6' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kees/linux
Pull core dumping fix from Kees Cook:
- Only sort VMAs when core_sort_vma sysctl is set
* tag 'execve-v6.14-rc6' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kees/linux:
coredump: Only sort VMAs when core_sort_vma sysctl is set
Cross-subsystem Changes:
base:
- component: Provide helper to query bound status
fbdev:
- fbtft: Remove access to page->index
Core Changes:
- Fix usage of logging macros in several places
gem:
- Add test function for imported dma-bufs and use it in core and helpers
- Avoid struct drm_gem_object.import_attach
tests:
- Fix lockdep warnings
ttm:
- Add helpers for TTM shrinker
Driver Changes:
adp:
- Add support for Apple Touch Bar displays on M1/M2
amdxdna:
- Fix interrupt handling
appletbdrm:
- Add support for Apple Touch Bar displays on x86
bridge:
- synopsys: Add HDMI audio support
- ti-sn65dsi83: Support negative DE polarity
ipu-v3:
- Remove unused code
nouveau:
- Avoid multiple -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end warnings
panthor:
- Fix CS_STATUS_ defines
- Improve locking
rockchip:
- analogix_dp: Add eDP support
- lvds: Improve logging
- vop2: Improve HDMI mode handling; Add support for RK3576
- Fix shutdown
- Support rk3562-mali
xe:
- Use TTM shrinker
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iQEzBAABCgAdFiEEchf7rIzpz2NEoWjlaA3BHVMLeiMFAmfJnNcACgkQaA3BHVML
eiNk/QgArbk5nWCS/Wbn/LtLUh5rdIEj6hUdTUurwbKb1TWM4UKTywU9ZjcoOohx
vcwD8QykjnfGDQqSx6uiQM27TQoyFucSgkLyp8asyzYOKqIaaIdvsdEPuu9LKnIw
jVcCDnoc5sQ1OjMLfTzcod4M22amL+fdcWjKXWJvHKuHfsLNY5ppPVxEmTeqiOcR
fnJ2Dlpi9Vkyft+j1begmm9PGTphWedu3xfkUdIR0o4t8ruEvuBq5xm55gg/lBo5
7mdZpqdsRtw+U9oowv17XHRVcjxJEDhGAgO21zW5FhP3PU6Sasgpap9iNX3IbTDj
6426osJOFCvqleQJOimc8SL20qf4mQ==
=62oM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'drm-misc-next-2025-03-06' of https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/misc/kernel into drm-next
drm-misc-next for v6.15:
Cross-subsystem Changes:
base:
- component: Provide helper to query bound status
fbdev:
- fbtft: Remove access to page->index
Core Changes:
- Fix usage of logging macros in several places
gem:
- Add test function for imported dma-bufs and use it in core and helpers
- Avoid struct drm_gem_object.import_attach
tests:
- Fix lockdep warnings
ttm:
- Add helpers for TTM shrinker
Driver Changes:
adp:
- Add support for Apple Touch Bar displays on M1/M2
amdxdna:
- Fix interrupt handling
appletbdrm:
- Add support for Apple Touch Bar displays on x86
bridge:
- synopsys: Add HDMI audio support
- ti-sn65dsi83: Support negative DE polarity
ipu-v3:
- Remove unused code
nouveau:
- Avoid multiple -Wflex-array-member-not-at-end warnings
panthor:
- Fix CS_STATUS_ defines
- Improve locking
rockchip:
- analogix_dp: Add eDP support
- lvds: Improve logging
- vop2: Improve HDMI mode handling; Add support for RK3576
- Fix shutdown
- Support rk3562-mali
xe:
- Use TTM shrinker
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Thomas Zimmermann <tzimmermann@suse.de>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20250306130700.GA485504@linux.fritz.box
Add documentation for agree upon GPU SVM design principles, current
status, and future plans.
v4:
- Address Thomas's feedback
v5:
- s/Current/Basline (Thomas)
v7:
- Add license (CI)
- Add examples for design guideline reasoning (Alistair)
- Add snippet about possible livelock with concurrent GPU and and CPU
access (Alistair)
Signed-off-by: Matthew Brost <matthew.brost@intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Thomas Hellström <thomas.hellstrom@linux.intel.com>
Acked-by: Alistair Popple <apopple@nvidia.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20250306012657.3505757-33-matthew.brost@intel.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iHUEABYKAB0WIQRAhzRXHqcMeLMyaSiRxhvAZXjcogUCZ8luaQAKCRCRxhvAZXjc
ojy2AP4uh2xDBycjRQV+YIMwbwJo7cuphZH8MuLzrUKTTH50BQEA9+tpOpvI9vW3
326FH2wo8Hzqn3rct217/tpTCww64Qk=
=/iqC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'vfs-6.14-rc6.fixes' of gitolite.kernel.org:pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vfs/vfs
Pull vfs fixes from Christian Brauner:
- Fix spelling mistakes in idmappings.rst
- Fix RCU warnings in override_creds()/revert_creds()
- Create new pid namespaces with default limit now that pid_max is
namespaced
* tag 'vfs-6.14-rc6.fixes' of gitolite.kernel.org:pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vfs/vfs:
pid: Do not set pid_max in new pid namespaces
doc: correcting two prefix errors in idmappings.rst
cred: Fix RCU warnings in override/revert_creds
By default fair_server dl_server allocates 5% of the bandwidth to the root
domain. Due to this writing any value less than 5% fails due to -EBUSY:
$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_period_us
1000000
$ echo 49999 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us
-bash: echo: write error: Device or resource busy
$ echo 50000 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us
$
Since the sched_rt_runtime_us allows -1 as the minimum, put this
restriction in the documentation.
One should check average of runtime/period in
/sys/kernel/debug/sched/fair_server/cpuX/* for exact value.
Signed-off-by: Shrikanth Hegde <sshegde@linux.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
Reviewed-by: Juri Lelli <juri.lelli@redhat.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250306052954.452005-3-sshegde@linux.ibm.com
The Qualcomm SA8775p MDSS display block comes with eDP phy, already used
in DTS and already documented in phy/qcom,edp-phy.yaml binding. Add the
missing device node in the binding and extend example to silence
dtbs_check warnings like:
sa8775p-ride.dtb: display-subsystem@ae00000: Unevaluated properties are not allowed ('phy@aec2a00', 'phy@aec5a00' were unexpected)
Signed-off-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Patchwork: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/638744/
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250221151311.138755-1-krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Baryshkov <dmitry.baryshkov@linaro.org>
Commit 2a86f66121 ("kbuild: use KBUILD_DEFCONFIG as the fallback
for DEFCONFIG_LIST") removed arch/$ARCH/defconfig; however,
the document has not been updated to reflect this change yet.
Signed-off-by: Satoru Takeuchi <satoru.takeuchi@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@kernel.org>
Add vop found on rk3576, the main difference between rk3576 and the
previous vop is that each VP has its own interrupt line.
Signed-off-by: Andy Yan <andy.yan@rock-chips.com>
Reviewed-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20250303034436.192400-7-andyshrk@163.com
The clock polarity of RGB signal output is controlled by GRF, this
property is already being used in the current device tree, but
forgot to describe it as a required property in the binding file.
Signed-off-by: Andy Yan <andy.yan@rock-chips.com>
Acked-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20250303034436.192400-6-andyshrk@163.com
As more SoCs variants are introduced, each SoC brings its own
unique set of constraints, describe this constraints SoC by
SoC will make things easier.
Signed-off-by: Andy Yan <andy.yan@rock-chips.com>
Reviewed-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20250303034436.192400-5-andyshrk@163.com
Add bindings for a secondary display controller present on certain
Apple laptops.
Reviewed-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: Neal Gompa <neal@gompa.dev>
Signed-off-by: Sasha Finkelstein <fnkl.kernel@gmail.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20250224-adpdrm-v8-1-cccf96710f0f@gmail.com
Signed-off-by: Alyssa Rosenzweig <alyssa@rosenzweig.io>
Add compatible for Display Stream Compression (DSC) IP found in
the display controller of the MT8188 SoC.
This IP is fully compatible with the one found on MT8195.
Signed-off-by: AngeloGioacchino Del Regno <angelogioacchino.delregno@collabora.com>
Acked-by: Rob Herring (Arm) <robh@kernel.org>
Link: https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/dri-devel/patch/20250218090427.20318-1-angelogioacchino.delregno@collabora.com/
Signed-off-by: Chun-Kuang Hu <chunkuang.hu@kernel.org>
Add compatibles for the Digital Parallel Interface (DPI) block
found in the MT8195 and MT8188 SoCs: inside of the chip, this one
is directly connected to the HDMI block.
Acked-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Reviewed-by: CK Hu <ck.hu@mediatek.com>
Signed-off-by: AngeloGioacchino Del Regno <angelogioacchino.delregno@collabora.com>
Link: https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/dri-devel/patch/20250217154836.108895-2-angelogioacchino.delregno@collabora.com/
Signed-off-by: Chun-Kuang Hu <chunkuang.hu@kernel.org>
The Rockchip RK3562 GPU is ARM Mali-G52, use the same driver with
"arm,mali-bifrost". Extend the binding accordingly to allow
compatible = "rockchip,rk3562-mali", "arm,mali-bifrost";
Signed-off-by: Kever Yang <kever.yang@rock-chips.com>
Acked-by: "Rob Herring (Arm)" <robh@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20250227111913.2344207-6-kever.yang@rock-chips.com
Document Adreno 623 GMU in the dt-binding specification.
Signed-off-by: Jie Zhang <quic_jiezh@quicinc.com>
Signed-off-by: Akhil P Oommen <quic_akhilpo@quicinc.com>
Reviewed-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzysztof.kozlowski@linaro.org>
Patchwork: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/640058/
Signed-off-by: Rob Clark <robdclark@chromium.org>
Some items were defined in both the general and DC glossaries.
Remove the duplicate entries.
Fixes: 2df30ae0ba ("Documentation/gpu: Add acronyms for some firmware components")
Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Cc: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Reviewed-by: Rodrigo Siqueira <siqueira@igalia.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Deucher <alexander.deucher@amd.com>
- Add mmap support for PCI memory barrier (Tejas, Matthew Auld)
- Enable integration with perf pmu, exposing event counters: for now, just
GT C6 residency (Vinay, Lucas)
- Add "survivability mode" to allow putting the driver in a state capable of
firmware upgrade on critical failures (Riana, Rodrigo)
- Add PXP HWDRM support and enable for compatible platforms:
Meteor Lake and Lunar Lake (Daniele, John Harrison)
- Expose package and vram temperature over hwmon subsystem (Raag, Badal, Rodrigo)
Cross-subsystem Changes:
- Backmege drm-next to synchronize with i915 display and other internal APIs
Display Changes (including i915):
- Device probe re-order to help with flicker-free boot (Maarten)
- Align watermark, hpd and dsm with i915 (Rodrigo)
- Better abstraction for d3cold (Rodrigo)
Driver Changes:
- Make sure changes to ccs_mode is with helper for gt sync reset (Maciej)
- Drop mmio_ext abstraction since it didn't prove useful in its current form
(Matt Roper)
- Reject BO eviction if BO is bound to current VM (Oak, Thomas Hellström)
- Add GuC Power Conservation debugfs (Rodrigo)
- L3 cache topology updates for Xe3 (Francois, Matt Atwood)
- Better logging about missing GuC logs (John Harrison)
- Better logging for hwconfig-related data availability (John Harrison)
- Tracepoint updates for xe_bo_create, xe_vm and xe_vma (Oak)
- Add missing SPDX licenses (Francois)
- Xe suballocator imporovements (Michal Wajdeczko)
- Improve logging for native vs SR-IOV driver mode (Satyanarayana)
- Make sure VF bootstrap is not attempted in execlist mode (Maarten)
- Add GuC Buffer Cache abstraction for some CTB H2G actions and use
during VF provisioning (Michal Wajdeczko)
- Better synchronization in gtidle for new users (Vinay)
- New workarounds for Panther Lake (Nirmoy, Vinay)
- PCI ID updates for Panther Lake (Matt Atwood)
- Enable SR-IOV for Panther Lake (Michal Wajdeczko)
- Update MAINTAINERS to stop directing xe changes to drm-misc (Lucas)
- New PCI IDs for Battle Mage (Shekhar)
- Better pagefault logging (Francois)
- SR-IOV fixes and refactors for past and new platforms (Michal Wajdeczko)
- Platform descriptor refactors and updates (Sai Teja)
- Add gt stats debugfs (Francois)
- Add guc_log debugfs to dump to dmesg (Lucas)
- Abstract per-platform LMTT availability (Piotr Piórkowski)
- Refactor VRAM manager location (Piotr Piórkowski)
- Add missing xe_pm_runtime_put when forcing wedged mode (Shuicheng)
- Fix possible lockup when forcing wedged mode (Xin Wang)
- Probe refactors to use cleanup actions with better error handling (Lucas)
- XE_IOCTL_DBG clarification for userspace (Maarten)
- Better xe_mmio initialization and abstraction (Ilia)
- Drop unnecessary GT lookup (Matt Roper)
- Skip client engine usage from fdinfo for VFs (Marcin Bernatowicz)
- Allow to test xe_sync_entry_parse with error injection (Priyanka)
- OA fix for polled read (Umesh)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----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=WDS6
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'drm-xe-next-2025-02-24' of https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/xe/kernel into drm-next
UAPI Changes:
- Add mmap support for PCI memory barrier (Tejas, Matthew Auld)
- Enable integration with perf pmu, exposing event counters: for now, just
GT C6 residency (Vinay, Lucas)
- Add "survivability mode" to allow putting the driver in a state capable of
firmware upgrade on critical failures (Riana, Rodrigo)
- Add PXP HWDRM support and enable for compatible platforms:
Meteor Lake and Lunar Lake (Daniele, John Harrison)
- Expose package and vram temperature over hwmon subsystem (Raag, Badal, Rodrigo)
Cross-subsystem Changes:
- Backmege drm-next to synchronize with i915 display and other internal APIs
Display Changes (including i915):
- Device probe re-order to help with flicker-free boot (Maarten)
- Align watermark, hpd and dsm with i915 (Rodrigo)
- Better abstraction for d3cold (Rodrigo)
Driver Changes:
- Make sure changes to ccs_mode is with helper for gt sync reset (Maciej)
- Drop mmio_ext abstraction since it didn't prove useful in its current form
(Matt Roper)
- Reject BO eviction if BO is bound to current VM (Oak, Thomas Hellström)
- Add GuC Power Conservation debugfs (Rodrigo)
- L3 cache topology updates for Xe3 (Francois, Matt Atwood)
- Better logging about missing GuC logs (John Harrison)
- Better logging for hwconfig-related data availability (John Harrison)
- Tracepoint updates for xe_bo_create, xe_vm and xe_vma (Oak)
- Add missing SPDX licenses (Francois)
- Xe suballocator imporovements (Michal Wajdeczko)
- Improve logging for native vs SR-IOV driver mode (Satyanarayana)
- Make sure VF bootstrap is not attempted in execlist mode (Maarten)
- Add GuC Buffer Cache abstraction for some CTB H2G actions and use
during VF provisioning (Michal Wajdeczko)
- Better synchronization in gtidle for new users (Vinay)
- New workarounds for Panther Lake (Nirmoy, Vinay)
- PCI ID updates for Panther Lake (Matt Atwood)
- Enable SR-IOV for Panther Lake (Michal Wajdeczko)
- Update MAINTAINERS to stop directing xe changes to drm-misc (Lucas)
- New PCI IDs for Battle Mage (Shekhar)
- Better pagefault logging (Francois)
- SR-IOV fixes and refactors for past and new platforms (Michal Wajdeczko)
- Platform descriptor refactors and updates (Sai Teja)
- Add gt stats debugfs (Francois)
- Add guc_log debugfs to dump to dmesg (Lucas)
- Abstract per-platform LMTT availability (Piotr Piórkowski)
- Refactor VRAM manager location (Piotr Piórkowski)
- Add missing xe_pm_runtime_put when forcing wedged mode (Shuicheng)
- Fix possible lockup when forcing wedged mode (Xin Wang)
- Probe refactors to use cleanup actions with better error handling (Lucas)
- XE_IOCTL_DBG clarification for userspace (Maarten)
- Better xe_mmio initialization and abstraction (Ilia)
- Drop unnecessary GT lookup (Matt Roper)
- Skip client engine usage from fdinfo for VFs (Marcin Bernatowicz)
- Allow to test xe_sync_entry_parse with error injection (Priyanka)
- OA fix for polled read (Umesh)
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/m3gbuh32wgiep43i4zxbyhxqbenvtgvtao5sczivlasj7tikwv@dmlba4bfg2ny
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
iIYEABYKAC4WIQSVyBthFV4iTW/VU1/l49DojIL20gUCZ785FhAcbWljQGRpZ2lr
b2QubmV0AAoJEOXj0OiMgvbSILQBAMFwpFClzjVeWyLFNd/gaTlPWeedvnag+yZu
CK9q39jOAP9tj1unQBFpsI7jsTk6ZxPVxb4DymPIirZMb/5FuxUnDQ==
=QrSM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Merge tag 'landlock-6.14-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mic/linux
Pull landlock fixes from Mickaël Salaün:
"Fixes to TCP socket identification, documentation, and tests"
* tag 'landlock-6.14-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mic/linux:
selftests/landlock: Add binaries to .gitignore
selftests/landlock: Test that MPTCP actions are not restricted
selftests/landlock: Test TCP accesses with protocol=IPPROTO_TCP
landlock: Fix non-TCP sockets restriction
landlock: Minor typo and grammar fixes in IPC scoping documentation
landlock: Fix grammar error
selftests/landlock: Enable the new CONFIG_AF_UNIX_OOB